PDA

View Full Version : For the Record---The 2017 First Round

YardRat
04-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Sack up and commit...no 20/20 whining allowed five years down the road.

What's your opinion of what the Bills did in the first round yesterday?

YardRat
04-28-2017, 03:09 PM
I wanted a trade down, to somebody. Not a fan of either Mahomes or Watson, I wouldn't have picked them either.

TacklingDummy
04-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Lattimore or Allen either one.

YardRat
04-28-2017, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure I set the poll up to have the votes viewable, can an admin check it out and adjust if necessary please?

Thurmal
04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
That was a great trade. Picked up a 1 and 3 and also added a corner that is tailor-made for McDermott's system. This team needs more smart guys who are technically sound, and White fit that bill.

Night Train
04-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Regardless of how it turns out, it was a new coach making his first pick. He has the stones to immediately pull a trade and he gets more picks in return. We need the extra help. Smart.

He still gets a starter at a position of need ( 3 CB's are starters in this D )

Gets an extra 3rd in a draft showing lots of quality well into Saturday.

Snags a coveted 1st round pick in next years draft, when the QB pool is FAR stronger and gives us trade leverage. Worked the trade with his old boss and maybe could have gotten another late pick (up for debate).. but that will play well with all teams down the road wishing to call the Bills. Teams will be willing to talk to us.

YardRat
04-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Just FYI, on the John Murphy Show this afternoon Whaley was getting a ton of love for being behind this deal, including from the GM of the Chiefs.

Night Train
04-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Just FYI, on the John Murphy Show this afternoon Whaley was getting a ton of love for being behind this deal, including from the GM of the Chiefs.

McDermott seem to indicate this conditional trade ( Providing Mahomes was still there at #10 ) was set up a week ago. I heard Bama CB Humphrey was the supposed fallback if it fell through.

So we got a good CB anyhow and valuable extra picks.

YardRat
04-28-2017, 04:35 PM
McDermott seem to indicate this conditional trade ( Providing Mahomes was still there at #10 ) was set up a week ago. I heard Bama CB Humphrey was the supposed fallback if it fell through.

So we got a good CB anyhow and valuable extra picks.
Yeah, the way they were talking there was more than one conditional deal in the works, depending on how the board fell. The KC GM mentioned that he had talked to Whaley on a daily basis once the details were in place, just to make sure nothing had changed..."You still good?" "Yeah, I'm still good...You?" "Yep. Talk to you tomorrow."

Mace
04-28-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm pro trade. We needed more picks.

OpIv37
04-28-2017, 05:21 PM
I like the move. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have traded so far down into the first round, but it takes two to tango. I'll do something I don't usually do and give them the benefit of the doubt: I'm assuming they weighed the offers and took the best one. And I'm happy with the picks we got in return.

The last buffalo fan
04-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Good move, wanted:

M. Williams
Howard
Mahomes
Njoku

This particular order ..... :ill:

Buddo
04-29-2017, 03:58 AM
It was a good move. As I've said elsewhere, I think they should have got another later round pick to go with what they got, but it was still a move that needed to be made.

I honestly don't see the point of drafting a CB at #10, if you aren't going to use all of his skill set, due to scheme. It becomes a ''luxury' pick, imho.

Taking White at #27, is getting a guy who should be a starter, you get the 5th year option on him, and you might just be able to afford to pay him past his rookie deal, and you shouldn't really see any drop off in play due to scheme.