X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Drafting for Need

Seems pretty obvious, that so far, that is exactly what the Bills have done.

Now, it can probably be argued that need and value aligned themselves quite well with our first two picks, White was slotted to the Cowgirls by Mayock in his last 'mock' @ #28, and Jones has NFL bloodlines, and probably the best set of 'hands' in the draft, ,so it's quite easy to see how they could view him highly, especially with his last coach now on board, giving them the full inside info on the kid.

On to Dawkins. I've no real idea of what sort of rating the kid has, but it looks as though the desire to have more competition at the RT position, made them make this move.

I think it w ill be safe to say that the rest of our picks, will show what he coaching staff really thinks about where the holes on the roster are - aside from the obvious, already addressed.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Drafting for Need

We have two picks left, I believe...a fifth and a sixth. They are past 'filling holes' and now into 'can he play special teams?' and 'let's take a flyer on this guy' mode.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

We still have 2 picks in the 5th and 1 in the 6th.

Bills had 4 so called needs I wrote down prior to Thursday. They drafted players for 3 of them. ( DB,WR, RT )

The last concern is OLB. This D allows a hybrid SS/OLB type to play that position and those players have a hard time finding a home. This D fits for them and I see 1 or 2 being picked with one of our 3 remaining picks.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I expect an OLB to be drafted for sure. Maybe Humber will be a pleasant surprise just like Zo was, but you'd think the Bills would want to hedge their bet.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

If we have three picks left, I would think they would at least try to get a LBer and Dback...maybe TE, DE or QB.

I don't see much left available in the LBer market.

DE Lawson, TE Sprinkle, QBs Peterman, Dobbs and Kelly, DBs King and Thompson still available.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            We have two picks left, I believe...a fifth and a sixth. They are past 'filling holes' and now into 'can he play special teams?' and 'let's take a flyer on this guy' mode.
            Yes this draft is over for us unless the Bills trade future assets for more current draft picks.

I was not big on the trade down with KC and the drafting of yet another CB in the first round but I really like our second round picks.

This is a good draft for us.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
              Yes this draft is over for us unless the Bills trade future assets for more current draft picks.

I was not big on the trade down with KC and the drafting of yet another CB in the first round but I really like our second round picks.

This is a good draft for us.
              You're right, it's not bad at all.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Hybrid S/LB types

Nate Gerry - Nebraska
                Josh Harvey Clemons - Louisville
                Rayshawn Jenkins- Miami
                Damarius Travis - Minnesota
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, Chad Kelly, Antony Auclair

Comment

Working...
                  X