• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Rosenhaus Says He's Not Blowing Smoke

A league source tells us that the Bills organization privately is fuming regarding statements by Drew Rosenhaus regarding the health of the team's first-round draft choice, running back Willis McGahee.

The Bills believe that Rosenhaus is taking the position that McGahee is ready to practice now in order to force the team to give him a more lucrative contract. The inside opinion, per the source, is that Drew should "shut the f--k up."

Some league insiders are pointing to Drew's draft-day phony phone call to McGahee as evidence of the agent's propensity for puffery. Rosenhaus bragged on camera after McGahee was drafted that he engineered shots of Willis with a telephone to this ear before he was drafted, in order to create the impression that he was on the horn with a team that was thinking about taking him. In actuality, McGahee was talking only to Rosenhaus.

Asked for his side of the story, Rosenhaus told us that "Willis is that he is doing far better than people think. He really feels great and I look forward to him signing his contract and getting into camp so that he can show his improvement."

In our view, none of this matters. McGahee was drafted with the 23rd overall pick, and he should get a contract that fairly reflects his specific draft standing. No more, no less -- regardless of whether he'll run for 2,000 yards this year, or whether he sits out the entire season.

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I certainly agree that McGahee should get 23rd overall money - no more, no less. But Rosenhaus portraying himself as an honest agent? That's an oxymoron akin to military intelligence or jumbo shrimp.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

I agree too on the 23rd compensation. If TD is trying for less because Willis is not going to play he should not have drafted him. Rosenhaus is a blowhard though.......I believe TD before I believe him

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

...and I have a beautiful head of thick flowing blonde hair.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

He may not be blowing smoke but he sure is inhaling it...

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
            He may not be blowing smoke but he sure is inhaling it...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

give him an appearance / performance based pay scale. If he plays, he get some. If he plays really well, he gets more.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

more profootball talk drivel

always with "un-named sources"

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

Of course its unnamed.. That way they can use Florio as a guniea pig to get their propaganda out.

Florio is a puppet and the NFL "sources" he quotes are the puppeteers
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  I love Weiner.
                  Originally posted by mercyrule
                  also cheese

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I think he makes it all up.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                      give him an appearance / performance based pay scale. If he plays, he get some. If he plays really well, he gets more.
                      I disagree completely. We shouldn't have drafted him 23rd if we weren't prepared to offer him a contract befitting that pick. It's not as if his injury were a big secret.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• clumping platelets

McGahee's cap number in 2003 can be no higher than $1.018 million, that's what is left in the rookie pool

To me, it doesn't seem to difficult to work it out

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                          McGahee's cap number in 2003 can be no higher than $1.018 million, that's what is left in the rookie pool

To me, it doesn't seem to difficult to work it out
                          two words: Drew Rosenhaus.

I told you at the draft that is the one reason we should not have drafted McGahee. The GMs should collude to drum out that a-hole.

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

Drew, or should I say, Bob Sugar, is the anus of of superagents. I think we should pay Magahee 23 money, but I think the structuring of his contract is what will be of concern. You can't just pay him like a 100% healthy 23rd pick, cuz he is not, but he does deserve that money for being picked where he was.

Comment

Working...
                            X