PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus Says He's Not Blowing Smoke

BillsFever
07-30-2003, 05:36 PM
A league source tells us that the Bills organization privately is fuming regarding statements by Drew Rosenhaus regarding the health of the team's first-round draft choice, running back Willis McGahee.

The Bills believe that Rosenhaus is taking the position that McGahee is ready to practice now in order to force the team to give him a more lucrative contract. The inside opinion, per the source, is that Drew should "shut the f--k up."

Some league insiders are pointing to Drew's draft-day phony phone call to McGahee as evidence of the agent's propensity for puffery. Rosenhaus bragged on camera after McGahee was drafted that he engineered shots of Willis with a telephone to this ear before he was drafted, in order to create the impression that he was on the horn with a team that was thinking about taking him. In actuality, McGahee was talking only to Rosenhaus.

Asked for his side of the story, Rosenhaus told us that "Willis is that he is doing far better than people think. He really feels great and I look forward to him signing his contract and getting into camp so that he can show his improvement."

In our view, none of this matters. McGahee was drafted with the 23rd overall pick, and he should get a contract that fairly reflects his specific draft standing. No more, no less -- regardless of whether he'll run for 2,000 yards this year, or whether he sits out the entire season.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Jan Reimers
07-30-2003, 06:57 PM
I certainly agree that McGahee should get 23rd overall money - no more, no less. But Rosenhaus portraying himself as an honest agent? That's an oxymoron akin to military intelligence or jumbo shrimp.

Novacane
07-30-2003, 07:03 PM
I agree too on the 23rd compensation. If TD is trying for less because Willis is not going to play he should not have drafted him. Rosenhaus is a blowhard though.......I believe TD before I believe him

Ebenezer
07-30-2003, 07:42 PM
...and I have a beautiful head of thick flowing blonde hair.

don137
07-30-2003, 07:43 PM
He may not be blowing smoke but he sure is inhaling it...

Ebenezer
07-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by don137
He may not be blowing smoke but he sure is inhaling it...

:spit:

Throne Logic
07-30-2003, 08:09 PM
give him an appearance / performance based pay scale. If he plays, he get some. If he plays really well, he gets more.

Dozerdog
07-30-2003, 08:13 PM
more profootball talk drivel

always with "un-named sources"

Stewie
07-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Of course its unnamed.. That way they can use Florio as a guniea pig to get their propaganda out.

Florio is a puppet and the NFL "sources" he quotes are the puppeteers

lordofgun
07-30-2003, 09:53 PM
I think he makes it all up.

Jan Reimers
07-31-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
give him an appearance / performance based pay scale. If he plays, he get some. If he plays really well, he gets more.

I disagree completely. We shouldn't have drafted him 23rd if we weren't prepared to offer him a contract befitting that pick. It's not as if his injury were a big secret.

clumping platelets
07-31-2003, 07:13 AM
McGahee's cap number in 2003 can be no higher than $1.018 million, that's what is left in the rookie pool

To me, it doesn't seem to difficult to work it out

Ebenezer
07-31-2003, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
McGahee's cap number in 2003 can be no higher than $1.018 million, that's what is left in the rookie pool

To me, it doesn't seem to difficult to work it out

two words: Drew Rosenhaus.

I told you at the draft that is the one reason we should not have drafted McGahee. The GMs should collude to drum out that a-hole.

BillsNick
07-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Drew, or should I say, Bob Sugar, is the anus of of superagents. I think we should pay Magahee 23 money, but I think the structuring of his contract is what will be of concern. You can't just pay him like a 100% healthy 23rd pick, cuz he is not, but he does deserve that money for being picked where he was.