• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

La Canfora - Major front office shake-up

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora 7m7 minutes ago

Continue to hear a major shake-up of Bills front office is very possible if not probable. Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane top candidate
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: La Canfora - Major front office shake-up

I don't think it's any coincidence that Buffalo jumped in front of Carolina, not once, but twice. Both times they took a player at the same position. :scratch::yle:

Looks like Hammer and KingJofNYC called it.

Comment

• Night Train
      • Jul 2005

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora 6m6 minutes ago

Bills scouts and personnel men told to be in the office in the AM where news of GM change could be revealed according to sources
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Hopefully rainman and the bunch take a hike. The fact the we are contemplating not picking up Watkins option for the fifth year is astounding to me.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Turf View Post
          Hopefully rainman and the bunch take a hike. The fact the we are contemplating not picking up Watkins option for the fifth year is astounding to me.
          I agree with the Watkins thought but odd we're ready to toss Whaley aside after having one of the better drafts the last three days.

Comment

• Night Train
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Turf View Post
            i believe that's a separate issue based on his foot progress.

Bills would be on the hook for 13 + Mil in 2018. They still have time to gather info and make a final decision. Drafting Jones helped ease the pain. If they decline and he's hurt again this year, they owe him nothing.

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              i believe that's a separate issue based on his foot progress.

Bills would be on the hook for 13 + Mil in 2018. They still have time to gather info and make a final decision. Drafting Jones helped ease the pain. If they decline and he's hurt again this year, they owe him nothing.
              Its quite an indictment on Whaley either way you go.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                I agree with the Watkins thought but odd we're ready to toss Whaley aside after having one of the better drafts the last three days.
                I'm sensing in regards to Pegula's growth as an owner he's hyper impressed with McDermott and wants that reflected in both the Sabres and Bills.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

I think Doug Whaley stays with the Bills, but not as GM.

Comment

• Klaista2k
                    • Mar 2017

Why the **** does the new GM have to be from Carolina though?

I just hate how the league works like this. Everyone just seems to make hires based on who they know... Not on who the best candidate would be.

Comment

• PIZ
                      • Apr 2003

Not sure he would know this, but Jerry Sullivan weeted this;

"False report, Pegula wants to right the ship. Whaley back to scouting and McDermott will handle 53."

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PIZ View Post
                        Not sure he would know this, but Jerry Sullivan weeted this;

"False report, Pegula wants to right the ship. Whaley back to scouting and McDermott will handle 53."
                        When I saw this curious post by Sullivan I thought to myself, what a great way to find out who the mole is leaking all this info to the media.

So lets get the show rolling here.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Saw this today:

Buffalo Bills GM Doug Whaley could be fired as soon as Sunday (report), which focused on LaCanfora's report.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Klaista2k View Post
                              Why the **** does the new GM have to be from Carolina though?
                              Trust me, Brandon Beane is more than qualify to take over as the new GM...

Panther have been grooming him for a while now to take over when their other guy leaves.

Fans seem to love him and would hate to see him go...Personally, I would easily welcome him here.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X