PDA

View Full Version : Lots fired

Buffalogic
04-30-2017, 11:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/30/bills-fire-entire-scouting-staff-along-with-doug-whaley/

Monos, Fisher. Overdorf possibly soon.

Buffalogic
04-30-2017, 11:03 AM
Also mentions Whaley ran this draft, not McDermott.

Manwiththeplan
04-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Line em up.

Buddo
04-30-2017, 11:53 AM
This is exactly what I feared would be the case. The Pro-Personnel/FA side of things, have pretty much consistently done good work, and we just throw that away, and have to start again. I'm not too sure wtf the Pegulas were evaluating, but it sure wasn't that.

Just when we might have got the right guy as HC, we stuff things up by giving him the keys to the kingdom, and if he's not up to one part of the job, everyone loses out.

The Pegulas would appear to be in one of those 'two steps forward, one step back' modes.

swiper
04-30-2017, 11:57 AM
The pro personnel folks have done some good work. No more, no less than expected such a team should do. For every player they hit on you can name one if not two they missed on.

Turf
04-30-2017, 11:58 AM
This is exactly what I feared would be the case. The Pro-Personnel/FA side of things, have pretty much consistently done good work, and we just throw that away, and have to start again. I'm not too sure wtf the Pegulas were evaluating, but it sure wasn't that.

Just when we might have got the right guy as HC, we stuff things up by giving him the keys to the kingdom, and if he's not up to one part of the job, everyone loses out.

The Pegulas would appear to be in one of those 'two steps forward, one step back' modes.

I don't see why we should be enamored with mediocrity and failure. We're not losing anything valuable. I think Pegula finally knows what he's looking for.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2017, 12:05 PM
I don't see why we should be enamored with mediocrity and failure. We're not losing anything valuable. I think Pegula finally knows what he's looking for.

Well, if that is true, the DP should be hiring an experienced NFL Football Executive/Guru/VP--Football/Whatever to run this thing because the DP is embarrassing himself.

streetkings01
04-30-2017, 12:07 PM
I highly doubt Whaley ran the draft..........the Pegulas just don't want to totally throw dirt on Whaley so clearly they're throwing him a small bone.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2017, 12:11 PM
I highly doubt Whaley ran the draft..........the Pegulas just don't want to totally throw dirt on Whaley so clearly they're throwing him a small bone.

In return for all the big bone Doug threw in her.

EDS
04-30-2017, 12:42 PM
This franchise is so backwards. Why wouldn't you do this after the season so you can get your new GM to hire the coach and draft the players he wants. Now all this does is give the franchise few years of additional excuses: (a) year 1 recovering from Whaley; (b) year two new GM getting feet wet/fixing prior mess; (c) new GM needs his coach; (d) year four new coach/new schemes need time; etc.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2017, 01:10 PM
WTF?

Who is Lots?

Is he the guy who removes the hair from the drains in the shower?

God Damn it!

He was THE best.

Manwiththeplan
04-30-2017, 02:41 PM
This franchise is so backwards. Why wouldn't you do this after the season so you can get your new GM to hire the coach and draft the players he wants. Now all this does is give the franchise few years of additional excuses: (a) year 1 recovering from Whaley; (b) year two new GM getting feet wet/fixing prior mess; (c) new GM needs his coach; (d) year four new coach/new schemes need time; etc.

if said gm comes from the same place the head coach came from, he already has his coach. I'm not saying it's not a bit backwards. Maybe after McD came in and talked to pegulas and pointed out certain obvious flaws with whaley and then they did some research, they came to the conclusion that in the long run Whaley just isnt helping the team or the coaches. seems to me that whaley has had friction with every coach that we have had.

You can say Whaley had a hand in the draft all you want but look at where players were drafted from under Nix and Whaley in previous years...now look at this draft...totally different.

Plus there is no year recovering from Whaley....draft is over... by next year new scouts and gm will be in place and life will go on.

Night Train
04-30-2017, 03:11 PM
The presser is just a performance and nothing more.

EDS
04-30-2017, 03:21 PM
if said gm comes from the same place the head coach came from, he already has his coach. I'm not saying it's not a bit backwards. Maybe after McD came in and talked to pegulas and pointed out certain obvious flaws with whaley and then they did some research, they came to the conclusion that in the long run Whaley just isnt helping the team or the coaches. seems to me that whaley has had friction with every coach that we have had.

You can say Whaley had a hand in the draft all you want but look at where players were drafted from under Nix and Whaley in previous years...now look at this draft...totally different.

Plus there is no year recovering from Whaley....draft is over... by next year new scouts and gm will be in place and life will go on.

Top two picks were from the south east region, the Bills main draft stomping grounds from Nix through Whaley.

Manwiththeplan
04-30-2017, 03:51 PM
Top two picks were from the south east region, the Bills main draft stomping grounds from Nix through Whaley.

true...though no Clemson, no Alabama.

Interesting to see what the trend is next year.

jimmifli
04-30-2017, 04:01 PM
Overdorf is up to the new GM. That's fine.

It was always weird having him report directly to Russ/Pegs and effectively manage the cap. It left Whaley as a scout with some roster control, but no ability to be strategic longterm.

My bet is the new GM says goodbye to Overdorf, but either way the org structure finally makes sense.

SpikedLemonade
04-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Overdorf is up to the new GM. That's fine.

It was always weird having him report directly to Russ/Pegs and effectively manage the cap. It left Whaley as a scout with some roster control, but no ability to be strategic longterm.

My bet is the new GM says goodbye to Overdorf, but either way the org structure finally makes sense.

More sense

TacklingDummy
04-30-2017, 07:09 PM
So the Bills get an A from most people in the draft and then they go and fire everyone. Only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. Can't make this **** up.

Mace
04-30-2017, 07:20 PM
So the Bills get an A from most people in the draft and then they go and fire everyone. Only in Buffalo, only in Buffalo. Can't make this **** up.

Well, I wouldn't get too dazzled until the picks pan out though either.

whkfc
04-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Mickey Mouse Organization. Actually that's not fair to Mickey Mouse.

sukie
05-01-2017, 12:02 PM
I highly doubt Whaley ran the draft..........

Did anyone see Whaley looking green and perhaps throwing up in his mouth alittle while saying "Nathan Peterman"?

No way he made that milky white selection with the jewy name.