• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

PFT - Bills Were Wise To Wait Until After Draft

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: PFT - Bills Were Wise To Wait Until After Draft

I don't have any problem with the timing.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      The Buffalo News Sports dept. just tore up your resume.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I have 2 issues with the timing.

First, they are forcing the coach on the new GM instead of allowing him to pick the coach he wants. Yeah, you could say "wall anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to take the job." But there are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the entire world and this is the only one open right now. No one who aspires to be an NFL GM is going to turn down the opportunity because they may never get another one.

Second, everyone who was getting ****canned knew before the draft last week. How hard would you be working if you knew your employer was kicking you out the door on Friday?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          The Buffalo News is worth less than the toilet paper I use to wipe my ass with.

Less than $1 per roll as opposed to the $1 per day read of the Buffalo News.

They should just call it the New York Times Buffalo New York Washington Post.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            I have 2 issues with the timing.

First, they are forcing the coach on the new GM instead of allowing him to pick the coach he wants. Yeah, you could say "wall anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to take the job." But there are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the entire world and this is the only one open right now. No one who aspires to be an NFL GM is going to turn down the opportunity because they may never get another one.

Second, everyone who was getting ****canned knew before the draft last week. How hard would you be working if you knew your employer was kicking you out the door on Friday?
            The comment about the personnel department knowing before the draft that they were dead men walking is certainly valid. On the other hand Chris Trapasso over at Buffalo Rumblings did an article on potential GM candidates. There were three on the list. All three had strong links to McDermott. Two were from the Panthers and one as from the KC Chiefs, whose connection with McDermott goes back to Philly. The implication is clear. Pegula might be doing the hiring, but Trapasso is making the assumption that McDermott has significant input. "Mr. McDermott, would you like to suggest a list of acceptable GM candidates for Kim and I to interview?" "Why sure, Terry. You can stop by my office in the morning and I should have some suggestions, if I don't get caught up doing something else. I might have engaged in a little hyperbole there, but it looks like Pegula is placing a great deal of trust in McDermott, and it's reasonably certain Pegula will make sure whatever GM he hires knows, likes and repects his head coach and vice versa
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Why didn't Pegula do the same with Murray ? Same logic would apply.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Wouldn't be the first time.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Kim will be Kim.

Comment

• Manwiththeplan
                    • Aug 2014

Whoever ends up being the new GM should know before hand exactly what they are getting into. It's not like it's going to be a big surprise who the head coach is or how things are expected to be ran.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

the important work was already done at that point.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

So let's get this straight here, you guys expect a person with a GM title to simply accept that there's already a head coach in place and certain meddling parameters upfront ?? Think that will net us the best available GM candidate or the one most willing to accept the job ??

Folks, the Bills are looking for a figurehead to take a fall and wreck their future under a clueless ownership group with Russ Brandon handling the details (why is beyond me). So we are trying to fit a wedge between egos while putting their reputation on the line, that's just wonderful. I bet Doug Whaley lands as a scout master somewhere and never even sniffs a GM job unless it's another sad *** franchise like we have. He's totally SOL, so do expect someone to just step right into this ignorance ?? Let's call Overdork for $ commitments and blessings, hahaha.

Pray for a stadium to ground the team, the owner is more than lost and the sihtstorm surrounding them is going to get worse. Doing things backwards gets you backwards results in the standings, like it's been since Ralph past our only real GM (who went to Indy).
                        Last edited by Skooby; 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• sukie
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          So let's get this straight here, you guys expect a person with a GM title to simply accept that there's already a head coach in place and certain meddling parameters upfront ?? Think that will net us the best available GM candidate or the one most willing to accept the job ??

Folks, the Bills are looking for a figurehead to take a fall and wreck their future under a clueless ownership group with Russ Brandon handling the details (why is beyond me). So we are trying to fit a wedge between egos while putting their reputation on the line, that's just wonderful. I bet Doug Whaley lands as a scout master somewhere and never even sniffs a GM job unless it's another sad *** franchise like we have. He's totally SOL, so do expect someone to just step right into this ignorance ?? Let's call Overdork for $ commitments and blessings, hahaha.

Pray for a stadium to ground the team, the owner is more than lost and the sihtstorm surrounding them is going to get worse. Doing things backwards gets you backwards results in the standings, like it's been since Ralph past our only real GM (who went to Indy).
                          yup... Especially if it is a guy that knows McDermott.

Comment

• ICRockets
                            Childish Fake Voter
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Why didn't Pegula do the same with Murray ? Same logic would apply.
                            No, the same logic doesn't apply. Not even remotely close. In the NFL, the draft is the end of the offseason player acquisition cycle. In the NHL, you draft before free agency starts. You believe we should have kept GMTM for the draft, then scrambled to find a new GM in the week between the draft ends and FA begins?

I hope you can see why this is the stupidest ****ing thing you've ever said.

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Childish Fake Voter
                              • Jul 2008

Yeah, that last week before the draft is really when scouts are needed the most, what with all that brand new game film coming in.

Seriously, are you all TRYING to be idiots today?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍