PDA

View Full Version : Why is Russ Brandon still employed?

Bill Cody
05-01-2017, 05:37 PM
Just asking

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2017, 05:39 PM
He is now in charge of the Sabres GM Search.

cookie G
05-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Because of his Oscar worthy performance in Draft Day.

"Then you know the offer is reasonable..." replaced "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse" as the number 1 movie quote of all time.

You don't let talent like that slip away.

cookie G
05-01-2017, 05:58 PM
He is now in charge of the Sabres GM Search.

I'll never forget Ralph's quote on why they picked Buddy as the GM in 2010.

"Well, they gave us a list of potential candidates. I didn't know anyone on the list, I doubt Russ did. So we went with Buddy."

Not sure things have changed all that much, tbh.

Manwiththeplan
05-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Maybe he doesn't stir up **** like Whaley.

Mace
05-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I'll never forget Ralph's quote on why they picked Buddy as the GM in 2010.

"Well, they gave us a list of potential candidates. I didn't know anyone on the list, I doubt Russ did. So we went with Buddy."

Not sure things have changed all that much, tbh.

Made me laugh. It's sad, but made me laugh.

Night Train
05-01-2017, 07:35 PM
He went to all the owner meetings back when Ralph was slipping and probably does a good job on the business side. I doubt he has anything to do with football anymore, with McDermott here.

He's not going away, like it or not. He was offered the Raiders presidency a couple years back but declined.

BillsImpossible
05-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Besides the late Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., Russ Brandon is probably the biggest reason why the Buffalo Bills are still playing in Buffalo.

Russ Brandon was basically put in charge of the franchise in Ralph's last days as owner.

He did a masterful job of keeping the Bills in Buffalo, fulfilling Ralph Wilson's wishes to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Skooby
05-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Besides the late Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., Russ Brandon is probably the biggest reason why the Buffalo Bills are still playing in Buffalo.

Russ Brandon was basically put in charge of the franchise in Ralph's last days as owner.

He did a masterful job of keeping the Bills in Buffalo, fulfilling Ralph Wilson's wishes to keep the Bills in Buffalo.
Collecting $1.4 Billion is sooo hard.... how did he survive the bidding ???!?!!!?? Give me a freaking break.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Just asking

Because he's doing an excellent job selling you suckers tickets.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Because he is an very successful executive with a ton of business savvy. He is involved with many of the Pegula's ventures and apparently does a great job.

SkinnyBully
05-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Because he's doing an excellent job selling you suckers tickets.

THIS

streetkings01
05-02-2017, 08:39 AM
Would you guys stop it with Russ Brandon. It's like a freaking witch hunt with some of you guys..........you guys target one guy and then go all in on him! Russ Brandon handles the business side.........we haven't heard Russ's voice in over 3 years now. Just give it up!

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-02-2017, 08:47 AM
he's a marketing 'genius' that basically sells alcohol to alcoholics and football tickets to football crazed western new Yorkers.

just a genius.

sukie
05-02-2017, 08:59 AM
he's a marketing 'genius' that basically sells alcohol to alcoholics and football tickets to football crazed western new Yorkers.

just a genius.
You don't need marketing to sell alcohol to alcoholics

SpikedLemonade
05-02-2017, 09:22 AM
You don't need marketing to sell alcohol to alcoholics

Any parking lot on a Sunday morning will do.

Historian
05-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Because he's a swarmy little **** who wormed his way into the graces of a senile old man.

He makes Jeff Littman look like Ghandi...

And if he's so great at "the business end" why is it that Forbes lists the Bills as the 32nd most profitable team in the league.

This with no stadium debt.

Forward_Lateral
05-02-2017, 10:21 AM
There must've been a stipulation in the sale of the team, or he own's a portion of it.

SpikedLemonade
05-02-2017, 10:42 AM
There must've been a stipulation in the sale of the team, or he own's a portion of it.

I think so.

The title of Managing Partner denotes some ownership/equity in the team.

Bill Cody
05-03-2017, 08:15 AM
These are all interesting takes. I honestly don't know. I do hope the days of him watching film are over but I think he likes to stick his nose in the football side. My guess would be he's got pics of Kim with a racehorse hanging from a huge harness

SpikedLemonade
05-03-2017, 08:59 AM
These are all interesting takes. I honestly don't know. I do hope the days of him watching film are over but I think he likes to stick his nose in the football side. My guess would be he's got pics of Kim with a racehorse hanging from a huge harness
That was not a racehorse -- that was Doug Whaley.

feldspar
05-03-2017, 09:02 AM
That was not a racehorse -- that was Doug Whaley.

You aren't half as funny as you think you are, old pal.

SpikedLemonade
05-03-2017, 09:12 AM
You aren't half as funny as you think you are, old pal.

Once you actually pay me a cover fee I will care.

trapezeus
05-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Because the apologist believe they are bill's fans because Brandon. Selling football in buffalo is east. They are over spending on a guy who doesn't think winning matters. He just wants to regionalize the team instead of winning and globalizing the team.