PDA

View Full Version : Not Getting Option Can help Sammy make more $$

BuffaloBlitz83
05-02-2017, 08:55 PM
If he has a good year he'll get the franchise which will be a massive deal or hit free agency. Odell Beckham will make 8 Million next year in comparison. I'm pretty confident Watkins will make more than 8 Million next year.

TacklingDummy
05-02-2017, 09:10 PM
If he has a good year he'll get the franchise which will be a massive deal or hit free agency. Odell Beckham will make 8 Million next year in comparison. I'm pretty confident Watkins will make more than 8 Million next year.

Well it would have cost the Bills $13 million to pick up the option. $5 million saved if he signs for $8.

OpIv37
05-02-2017, 09:15 PM
It's a risk for either side. If he gets hurt and/or doesn't play well, the Bills win. If he plays well and stays healthy, Watkins wins.

Kenny
05-02-2017, 09:41 PM
It's a risk for either side. If he gets hurt and/or doesn't play well, the Bills win. If he plays well and stays healthy, Watkins wins.
agreed with not signing him to the extension... but lets face it. It's a lose lose for the Bills. If Watkins gets hurt and/or doesnt produce, he's likely gone and we wasted an extra first rounder on him. If he plays well, we'll have to franchise him.

OpIv37
05-02-2017, 09:47 PM
agreed with not signing him to the extension... but lets face it. It's a lose lose for the Bills. If Watkins gets hurt and/or doesnt produce, he's likely gone and we wasted an extra first rounder on him. If he plays well, we'll have to franchise him.

Using the extra pick on him is completely indefensible.

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't announce this until Whaley was fired. Gives Brandon the chance to blame the guy who isn't here anymore.

Kenny
05-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Using the extra pick on him is completely indefensible.

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't announce this until Whaley was fired. Gives Brandon the chance to blame the guy who isn't here anymore.

Yup... thought we were going after Khalil Mack.
Reminds me a few years ago when we traded back into the first and got McCargo? Could of had Mangold.

feldspar
05-03-2017, 06:41 AM

I really don't think the Bills hope he gets hurt and/or plays poorly.

SpikedLemonade
05-03-2017, 06:58 AM
I agree with this decision.

Sammy has NOT earned the right to be franchised.

Buffalogic
05-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Best case scenario for everyone is that he plays unbelievably well next year and we do a long term deal. Stay healthy Sammy.

JoeMama
05-03-2017, 07:29 AM
If you're a betting man, you put your money on Sammy getting injured in 2017.

He's been injured every single year in Buffalo. That's reality regardless of how you feel about him as a player.

I trust in numbers. They're more plain than emotional arguments. Less open to interpretation.

sukie
05-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Sammy isn't worth a franchise tag OR 8 million a year. Period. If he has 1 good season... Let someone else pay him stoopid money. We got his extra draft pick back.

Mahdi
05-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Sammy isn't worth a franchise tag OR 8 million a year. Period. If he has 1 good season... Let someone else pay him stoopid money. We got his extra draft pick back.

Which we would then turn around and spend on a true #1 WR in 2018 draft.

If Sammy plays well this year you keep him on a tag or sign him to a decent contract and build.

sukie
05-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Which we would then turn around and spend on a true #1 WR in 2018 draft.

If Sammy plays well this year you keep him on a tag or sign him to a decent contract and build.

It's still tenuous even if he plays well... His healthy, non fragile body of work doesn't exist.

OpIv37
05-03-2017, 11:11 AM
I really don't think the Bills hope he gets hurt and/or plays poorly.

I'm not saying they want it to happen. I meant they protected themselves financially if it does.

feldspar
05-03-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm not saying they want it to happen. I meant they protected themselves financially if it does.

I get it.