PDA

View Full Version : TE Barnidge visiting

Buffalogic
05-03-2017, 07:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/03/gary-barnidge-visiting-the-bills-today/

No gm, no problem?

JoeMama
05-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Gary Barnidge is a good ball player.

If we do sign him, it's going to be hilarious to watch Tyrod miss TWO wide open tight ends on the regular.

Night Train
05-03-2017, 08:17 AM
He's 31 but would only be getting a 1-2 deal at this point.

Yes, he's a very good option. Hopefully, a QB who can actually find an open TE is playing.

starrymessenger
05-03-2017, 08:54 AM
He's 31 but would only be getting a 1-2 deal at this point.

Yes, he's a very good option. Hopefully, a QB who can actually find an open TE is playing.

Yeah I'm not at all sold on Tyrod being a good fit for a WCO. Seems to play to his weaknesses since you have to get the ball out fast (TT holds the ball longer than any other starting QB), make quick decisions and have enuf chemistry with your receivers that they can actually improvise their route running while staying in sync with the QB. It will be interesting to see exactly how that works out.

Jimkelly12203
05-03-2017, 09:20 AM
The GM is McDermott.

We will bring in someone with the title "GM" to do GM things like putting together a scouting team and managing player personnel matters, salary cap, contracts, etc... but the buck is going to stop at McDermott until he is fired or quits.

Saratoga Slim
05-03-2017, 10:52 AM
While I do like Barnidge, we can find cash for Mike Tolbert and another TE, but couldn't find $900K for the running back who would've probably ended up starting 4-5 games for us this season?

Seems like the Gillislee thing was much more a bad gamble that no one would match the 5th round tender than a lack of ability to offer the 2nd round tender

Thurmal
05-03-2017, 11:40 AM
While I do like Barnidge, we can find cash for Mike Tolbert and another TE, but couldn't find $900K for the running back who would've probably ended up starting 4-5 games for us this season?

Seems like the Gillislee thing was much more a bad gamble that no one would match the 5th round tender than a lack of ability to offer the 2nd round tender
Tolbert over Gillislee is a huge downgrade. I think he only has 1 TD over the last three years.

Buffalogic
05-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Losing Gillislee was a mistake. Hopefully Jonathan Williams will make us forget easily.

JoeMama
05-03-2017, 12:09 PM
Jonathan Williams ain't half the RB Mike Gillislee is. Losing him to the Pats is going to haunt us, mark my words.

We have no competent backup for when McCoy gets hurt.

Buffalogic
05-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Jonathan Williams ain't half the RB Mike Gillislee is. Losing him to the Pats is going to haunt us, mark my words.
We have no competent backup for when McCoy gets hurt.You're really taking a leap of faith saying it's going to haunt us, like it hasn't happened multiple times already.

Gilmore I couldn't care less about but the Gillislee ordeal was a big mistake.

JoeMama
05-03-2017, 02:37 PM
You're really taking a leap of faith saying it's going to haunt us, like it hasn't happened multiple times already.

Gilmore I couldn't care less about but the Gillislee ordeal was a big mistake.

Right, and that's what's sad. Screwing up is such the norm in Buffalo that we all sound redundant when we point it out.

But whatever, we're gonna get Chris Hogan'ed again. I'm officially using his name as a verb now. Losing a big contract FA like Gilmore is one thing. Losing an underrated RFA for cheap who will thrive elsewhere is another thing altogether.

It's frustrating that we're stuck with a bum like Jonathan Williams who isn't fit to carry Gillislee's jock strap, let alone a football. McCoy is pushing 30 and always misses significant time. We needed Gillislee a lot more than people are willing to acknowledge. They'll sure as **** notice when Williams is out there stinking up the joint with a lousy 3 ypc average.

streetkings01
05-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Tolbert over Gillislee is a huge downgrade. I think he only has 1 TD over the last three years. When your QB is Cam Newton and the starting RB is Stewart how many touchdowns are there to go around?

kgun12
05-03-2017, 05:48 PM
When your QB is Cam Newton and the starting RB is Stewart how many touchdowns are there to go around?

Don't confuse them with facts, they're on a roll!

Some time this board is like watching John "Bluto" Blutarsky (animal house John Belushi) rant at the end of the movie

"Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!" :lmao:

BLUTO
05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Don't confuse them with facts, they're on a roll!

Some time this board is like watching John "Bluto" Blutarsky (animal house John Belushi) rant at the end of the movie

"Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!" :lmao:

That's what I'm talking about my man!!!!

Turf
05-03-2017, 08:27 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/03/gary-barnidge-visiting-the-bills-today/

No gm, no problem?

Makes you wonder what Whaley did. Maybe Pegula's idea of running a team is having 20 people discuss it.

Goobylal
05-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Why do you need a GM? That's what pro personnel guys are for.