• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

TE Barnidge visiting

The Bills don't have a General Manager at the moment, but they've managed to line up a visit with a guy coach Sean McDermott knows already.

No gm, no problem?
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: TE Barnidge visiting

Gary Barnidge is a good ball player.

If we do sign him, it's going to be hilarious to watch Tyrod miss TWO wide open tight ends on the regular.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He's 31 but would only be getting a 1-2 deal at this point.

Yes, he's a very good option. Hopefully, a QB who can actually find an open TE is playing.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• starrymessenger
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        He's 31 but would only be getting a 1-2 deal at this point.

Yes, he's a very good option. Hopefully, a QB who can actually find an open TE is playing.
        Yeah I'm not at all sold on Tyrod being a good fit for a WCO. Seems to play to his weaknesses since you have to get the ball out fast (TT holds the ball longer than any other starting QB), make quick decisions and have enuf chemistry with your receivers that they can actually improvise their route running while staying in sync with the QB. It will be interesting to see exactly how that works out.

Comment

• Jimkelly12203
          • Jun 2015

The GM is McDermott.

We will bring in someone with the title "GM" to do GM things like putting together a scouting team and managing player personnel matters, salary cap, contracts, etc... but the buck is going to stop at McDermott until he is fired or quits.
          All Hail Josh Allen! Savior of the Buffalo Bills!

Freedom for the Ukraine. Down with Putin and every traitor in this country that supports him.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

While I do like Barnidge, we can find cash for Mike Tolbert and another TE, but couldn't find $900K for the running back who would've probably ended up starting 4-5 games for us this season?

Seems like the Gillislee thing was much more a bad gamble that no one would match the 5th round tender than a lack of ability to offer the 2nd round tender
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Thurmal
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
              While I do like Barnidge, we can find cash for Mike Tolbert and another TE, but couldn't find $900K for the running back who would've probably ended up starting 4-5 games for us this season?

Seems like the Gillislee thing was much more a bad gamble that no one would match the 5th round tender than a lack of ability to offer the 2nd round tender
              Tolbert over Gillislee is a huge downgrade. I think he only has 1 TD over the last three years.
              "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Buffalogic
                • Feb 2006

Losing Gillislee was a mistake. Hopefully Jonathan Williams will make us forget easily.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Jonathan Williams ain't half the RB Mike Gillislee is. Losing him to the Pats is going to haunt us, mark my words.

We have no competent backup for when McCoy gets hurt.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                    Jonathan Williams ain't half the RB Mike Gillislee is. Losing him to the Pats is going to haunt us, mark my words.
                    We have no competent backup for when McCoy gets hurt.
                    You're really taking a leap of faith saying it's going to haunt us, like it hasn't happened multiple times already.

Gilmore I couldn't care less about but the Gillislee ordeal was a big mistake.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                      You're really taking a leap of faith saying it's going to haunt us, like it hasn't happened multiple times already.

Gilmore I couldn't care less about but the Gillislee ordeal was a big mistake.
                      Right, and that's what's sad. Screwing up is such the norm in Buffalo that we all sound redundant when we point it out.

But whatever, we're gonna get Chris Hogan'ed again. I'm officially using his name as a verb now. Losing a big contract FA like Gilmore is one thing. Losing an underrated RFA for cheap who will thrive elsewhere is another thing altogether.

It's frustrating that we're stuck with a bum like Jonathan Williams who isn't fit to carry Gillislee's jock strap, let alone a football. McCoy is pushing 30 and always misses significant time. We needed Gillislee a lot more than people are willing to acknowledge. They'll sure as **** notice when Williams is out there stinking up the joint with a lousy 3 ypc average.
                      Last edited by JoeMama; 05-03-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                        Tolbert over Gillislee is a huge downgrade. I think he only has 1 TD over the last three years.
                        When your QB is Cam Newton and the starting RB is Stewart how many touchdowns are there to go around?
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                          When your QB is Cam Newton and the starting RB is Stewart how many touchdowns are there to go around?
                          Don't confuse them with facts, they're on a roll!

Some time this board is like watching John "Bluto" Blutarsky (animal house John Belushi) rant at the end of the movie

"Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• BLUTO
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                            Don't confuse them with facts, they're on a roll!

Some time this board is like watching John "Bluto" Blutarsky (animal house John Belushi) rant at the end of the movie

"Over? Did you say ?over?? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!"
                            That's what I'm talking about my man!!!!

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                              Makes you wonder what Whaley did. Maybe Pegula's idea of running a team is having 20 people discuss it.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X