PDA

View Full Version : GM Candidate From Texans Interviewing

Night Train
05-03-2017, 11:49 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/report-bills-interviewing-texans-executive-gm-post

DraftBoy
05-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Doesn't appear to have any direct connection to McDermott, so it's nice to see they are looking outside of the circle.

sukie
05-03-2017, 12:23 PM
When are the bruthas gonna be paraded in?

ParanoidAndroid
05-03-2017, 03:12 PM
When are the bruthas gonna be paraded in?

Seriously with this?

JoeMama
05-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Seriously with this?

Rooney rule, man. Gotta go through the motions.

Maybe we can dial up OJ on the prison phone, talk to him about the vacancy, then hang-up.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that counts as an interview.

SpikedLemonade
05-03-2017, 03:36 PM
THE biggest Texans fan I know is my youngest son.

He is 26.

Last year med school.

He has been a fan since Texans inception.

I want to know who this GM interviewee is.

jimmifli
05-03-2017, 05:27 PM
THE biggest Texans fan I know is my youngest son.

He is 26.

Last year med school.

He has been a fan since Texans inception.

I want to know who this GM interviewee is.

I enjoyed this humble brag.

Crazy Legs
05-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Gaine, a native of Pearl River, N.Y

.......Gaine has done a terrific job with the Texans since hired by general manager Rick Smith in 2014 as director of college scouting. He was promoted to director of player personnel and has earned a reputation as one of the best scouts in the league.....

Gaine is very respected around the NFL as he’s done a great job when it comes to evaluating talent and helping out with contracts and free agency decisions.
Those won’t be the first general manager position that Gaine has interviewed for. He interviewed for the Chicago Bears general manager opening before they hired Ryan Pace.

Mace
05-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Doesn't appear to have any direct connection to McDermott, so it's nice to see they are looking outside of the circle.

Depends who "they" are. Not a lot of football savvy on hand besides whatever McDermott brings to the table.

Frenchman
05-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Well need to be picking a GM that knows what they are doing. And the players they pick up!

psubills62
05-03-2017, 10:08 PM
Hope he wasn't the one who told Rick Smith to give Osweiler a huge contract.

Snark aside, Texans have collected a good amount of talent. I do think Smith has made a number of questionable decisions, but sounds like a decent interview at least.

SpikedLemonade
05-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I enjoyed this humble brag.

LOL!!!

The oldest is an Internal Medicine doctor close to you in Northern Alberta.

So there.

The youngest said that Brian Gaine is a nobody since it is respected Rick Smith that built the current version of the Texans.

He thinks Gaine may just be riding the coattails of Smith.

He is pretty much a lightweight.

jamze132
05-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Gaine, a native of Pearl River, N.Y

.......Gaine has done a terrific job with the Texans since hired by general manager Rick Smith in 2014 as director of college scouting. He was promoted to director of player personnel and has earned a reputation as one of the best scouts in the league.....

Gaine is very respected around the NFL as he’s done a great job when it comes to evaluating talent and helping out with contracts and free agency decisions.
Those won’t be the first general manager position that Gaine has interviewed for. He interviewed for the Chicago Bears general manager opening before they hired Ryan Pace.
Yeah if he had anything to do with bringing in the scrub QB from Denver and paying him a **** ton, count me out.

DraftCzar
05-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Yeah if he had anything to do with bringing in the scrub QB from Denver and paying him a **** ton, count me out.

I hope the Pegulas knew enough to ask that question.................