PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Williams visiting Jaguars

YardRat
05-03-2017, 07:21 PM
http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/03/report-former-bills-safety-aaron-williams-visiting-jaguars/

I wish he'd just hang 'em up, for his health.

Mace
05-03-2017, 07:26 PM
http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/03/report-former-bills-safety-aaron-williams-visiting-jaguars/

I can't see this ending well for him.

Night Train
05-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Marrone, you suck.

Goobylal
05-03-2017, 08:41 PM
He'll never play a full season again and hit next hit could be devastating.

OpIv37
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Great player but damn... go into coaching or broadcasting before you spend the rest of your life blowing through a straw to move down the hallway.

Turf
05-03-2017, 09:16 PM
He could work with Donald Jones and just repeat everything John Murphy says word for word.

Joe Fo Sho
05-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Never give up, is what I always say.

stuckincincy
05-03-2017, 09:32 PM
Let's hope that is a courtesy by the Jags, and gives them an opportunity to consul him.

Luisito23
05-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Never give up, is what I always say.

When your permanent future is at risk, it's definitely time to give (football) up.

swiper
05-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Marrone walked out because of Whaley. He brought us the last winning season since when? Yeah. It's Pegula that sucks. Marrone is a good football coach.

I miss a healthy Aaron Williams.

JoeMama
05-04-2017, 05:52 AM
Marrone walked out because of Whaley. He brought us the last winning season since when? Yeah. It's Pegula that sucks. Marrone is a good football coach.

True.

And I think Doug Marrone was wise to walk away. He didn't want to be saddled with a bad GM (nor his bad GM's pet project, EJ Manuel).

Kyle Orton had just retired and Marrone saw the writing on the wall.

To his credit, the Jags looked like a different team altogether when he took over as interim coach last season. He's probably the right guy to turn that franchise around.

kishoph
05-04-2017, 06:01 AM

I agree. I've always liked Williams and would hate to see him suffer an injury that could affect his life permanently. I can't see how he could pass a physical or why any Dr. (with a conscience) would pass him.

Goobylal
05-04-2017, 08:52 AM
It was a bogus "winning season." Marrone is nothing special.

swiper
05-04-2017, 09:03 AM
It was a bogus "winning season." Marrone is nothing special.

LOL at this POV. Marrone worked hard for 15 games to put his team in position to win that last one. All this with a dysfunctional GM who's mantra was to only draft athletic, black players who had "all the tools." Well you saw up close how wrong that is to do only and all the time. As wagon, and others have said, a great team takes a mixture of player types. The Bills had a GM that didn't understand that.

As for Marrone not being anything special I believe you'll see that you are wrong. As Mularkey is doing well in Tennessee (the only other guy with a winning record in Buffalo since Wade Philips), Marrone's team in Jax is now set-up to have a very good season. And he's the right coach to get them there. He's hungry. Unlike Rex who was only hungry for pizza.

ICRockets
05-04-2017, 02:22 PM
LOL at this POV. Marrone worked hard for 15 games to put his team in position to win that last one. All this with a dysfunctional GM who's mantra was to only draft athletic, black players who had "all the tools." Well you saw up close how wrong that is to do only and all the time. As wagon, and others have said, a great team takes a mixture of player types. The Bills had a GM that didn't understand that.

As for Marrone not being anything special I believe you'll see that you are wrong. As Mularkey is doing well in Tennessee (the only other guy with a winning record in Buffalo since Wade Philips), Marrone's team in Jax is now set-up to have a very good season. And he's the right coach to get them there. He's hungry. Unlike Rex who was only hungry for pizza.
I'm of half a mind to neg rep you for giving pizza a bad name.

Goobylal
05-04-2017, 08:53 PM

The Bills won games in 2014 mostly because of their defense, which was 4th in points allowed (which Rex ****ed up, like I knew he would). And if that last game of the season had any meaning for the Cheaters, they would have played all their starters all game long, not play some for just the first half of the game, and the Bills would have finished 8-8. We'll see what he does in Jax.

As for Mularkey, it helps having a franchise QB (thanks to having the 2nd overall pick in a draft where there were 2 franchise QBs). Which is what the Bills have lacked for years.

feldspar
05-05-2017, 12:18 AM
I can't think of Aaron Williams without being reminded of how much I dislike Jarvis Landry.

Ginger Vitis
05-05-2017, 04:33 AM
Swiper must be suffering from early onset dementia... He conveniently has forgotten about Mularkeys 2-14 record with the Jaguars in 2012

TigerJ
05-05-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm all for people making decisions about their own lives and future, but I hope in the end Aaron decides to join the rest of us as fans. I think he has enough on the ball to make a good life for himself outside of playing.

swiper
05-07-2017, 05:35 AM
Swiper must be suffering from early onset dementia... He conveniently has forgotten about Mularkeys 2-14 record with the Jaguars in 2012

I didn't forget it. So what? How are the Titans' doing now? That's the only thing that matters.

And sure having a good QB makes any coach look good. Pete Carroll is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen - as with the Jets & Patriots. He improved. Mularkey can improve. Marrone likely will given the time he needs to mold a team. The Bills owners didn't give him that.

Goobylal
05-07-2017, 08:46 AM
I didn't forget it. So what? How are the Titans' doing now? That's the only thing that matters.

And sure having a good QB makes any coach look good. Pete Carroll is one of the worst head coaches I have ever seen - as with the Jets & Patriots. He improved. Mularkey can improve. Marrone likely will given the time he needs to mold a team. The Bills owners didn't give him that.

Again the Titans are doing well because they have a franchise QB who they were able to get with the 2nd overall pick in a draft that featured 2, and only 2, good QBs, who are looking like franchise QBs. That has nothing to do with Mularkey because he had nothing to do with drafting him. And you're right about the QB making the coach, WRT Carroll. Even Belchick was a dud before the Cheaters dumb-lucked into Brady.

Now the Jags OTOH took Bortles 3rd overall in 2014 and he was the first QB taken. But he's looking like a bust. Derek Carr, who was taken 33 picks later, looks like a stud. Such is the way it does when it comes to drafting QBs.

- - - Updated - - -

And again, Marrone quit. He tried to parlay that "winning season" into "give me full control and extend all my assistants" and he lost. Again he's nothing special and until he gets a franchise QB, will continue to be nothing special.

Wally The Barber
05-07-2017, 10:50 AM
The guy is a pain in the neck