The future of the Pegulas ownership of the Bills and Sabres, are you concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

The future of the Pegulas ownership of the Bills and Sabres, are you concerned?

Here's a question, do you think that the Pegulas will ever get to the point that they will grow tired of the Bills and Sabres sell the teams in the future? The reason I asked is that right now Terry is having a rough time managing two franchises and I know he's a great guy for buying the teams and I hope he doesn't get so so frustrated that he wants out of ownership and I know Buffalo fans don't want that. Thoughts?
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The future of the Pegulas ownership of the Bills and Sabres, are you concerned?

Kim is from Buffalo. Doing anything that allows either team to leave would be a de facto lifetime ban because she'd never. E able to appear in public in WNY again safely. They may get tired of ownership but they won't sell without some guarantee that the teams will stay.

With the way they've managed things, I'm more worried that they will keep the teams.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

Re: The future of the Pegulas ownership of the Bills and Sabres, are you concerned?

No.

They'll get it right eventually.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think the Pegulas are competitive and success-driven, and will try like Hell to make both teams into champions. They won't give up. I doubt if Terry was an overnight billionaire, but rather studied his business, learned from his mistakes and applied his intelligence and drive to create a multibillion dollar company. I believe he will get a handle on both teams sooner than later, hire the right people, and have on-field and on-ice success.
        Last edited by Jan Reimers; 05-04-2017, 08:32 AM.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
          I think the Pegulas are competitive and success-driven, and will try like Hell to make both teams into champions. They won't give up. I doubt if Terry was an overnight billionaire, but rather studied his business, learned from his mistakes and applied his intelligence and drive to create a multibillion dollar company. I believe he will get a handle on both teams sooner than later, hire the right people, and have on-field and on-ice success.
          I'd like to believe that, but he made the same mistakes when he first bought the Bills that he did with the Sabres, and he refuses to hire a hockey czar. So far, there is no evidence that he is progressing.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            I'd like to believe that, but he made the same mistakes when he first bought the Bills that he did with the Sabres, and he refuses to hire a hockey czar. So far, there is no evidence that he is progressing.
            Read this article. I think it makes a strong case that he's adapting, not regressing. His mistakes were the same when he first bought the Bills as they were with the Sabres because he didn't have time yet to learn from them.

General manager Doug Whaley and his staff’s removal immediately after the draft surprised many in Buffalo. Here’s a GM’s view of the housecleaning in Orchard Park.

This makes the potential for the Sabres' HC hire a lot more interesting than the GM hire, I think.

Comment

• Buffalogic
              Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
              • Feb 2006

There's a learning curve. This year they are adapting to what they have painfully learned to this point.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Kim is from Buffalo. Doing anything that allows either team to leave would be a de facto lifetime ban because she'd never. E able to appear in public in WNY again safely. They may get tired of ownership but they won't sell without some guarantee that the teams will stay.

With the way they've managed things, I'm more worried that they will keep the teams.
                Sure, but they chose to now live in Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                No.

They'll get it right eventually.

Oh, boy. You went and did it. You just ate that slice of cheese that fell on the floor, didn’t you? You might be wondering what you should do next. Well, this is a great time to reflect on yourself and your actions so you can make sure you’re not sinking to a new low here.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I like that he is willing to get rid of what isn't working. Almost like he is accepting his mistakes by firing Rex (his choice) Whaley and Murray (who he both extended) even though he has to eat the money he paid them and rather than ride it out until their contracts expires.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim is from Fairport
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    I like that he is willing to get rid of what isn't working. Almost like he is accepting his mistakes by firing Rex (his choice) Whaley and Murray (who he both extended) even though he has to eat the money he paid them and rather than ride it out until their contracts expires.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim is from Fairport
                    Born in Seoul, South Korea.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                      Born in Seoul, South Korea.
                      Surprised you didn't say anything sexual about Kim.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        Surprised you didn't say anything sexual about Kim.
                        She bangs GMs.

Did you get over the surprise?

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          Sure, but they chose to now live in Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they be their legal residence in Florida because of the state income tax in NY. Plus the nice weather in the winter, of course.
                          If I had their money I wouldn't claim NY as home either.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/05...t-used-better/

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                            Great. You'll be dead by the time he gets it with the sports teams.

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

Hey Spiked, some how I edited your post.

Not sure how I did it. But I apologize.

Ill try to pay attention next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X