PDA

View Full Version : 5 Bills who could be on the chopping block following 2017 draft...

daryls61
05-04-2017, 12:49 PM
I don't think 12Guage or Wood are in trouble. I would think Yates might go. Now when we draft our Super Bowl QB next season, it's fair game on all QB's. Also, Tate was a solid returner but could get caught up in a numbers game.

Many experts agree that the Buffalo Bills put together a solid 2017 draft class. The team improved their secondary, front seven and receiving corps — areas that desperately needed to be addressed.Tre’Davious White, Zay Jones and Dion Dawkins will undoubtedly be key players for Buffalo in the near future. Their arrival could signal the departure of a number of players that have been with the organization for years.While it’s always upsetting to see people lose their jobs, it’s just part of today’s NFL. The entire Bills roster has been revamped this offseason, something that will continue as the 2017 season approaches.Here are five players that the Blue and Red could cut in the wake of the draft:

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/04/5-buffalo-bills-who-could-be-cut-following-2017-nfl-draft/

swiper
05-04-2017, 01:12 PM
Let the pre-season competition see the cream rise to the top.

Luisito23
05-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Get rid of them all and embrace the tank...or, keep them all and embrace the 7-9.

SpikedLemonade
05-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Get rid of them all and embrace the tank...or, keep them all and embrace the 7-9.

I will take door #1 Monty.

swiper
05-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Oh ****!

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/hnames-nf/Hall+Monty

The King
05-04-2017, 02:25 PM
Let Wood restructure and support Groy in the transition.

poplarbluffman
05-04-2017, 04:07 PM
when I see words like penultimate used in a sports story have a rule to look up the writers resume...always find a writer not a jock behind the words....never pay much attention to thoughts of writers...

like Peterman but no teams plans on cutting any player because they used a 5th rd pick on another player playing at the same position....5th rd picks are "well what players do we need to fill our 90 man roster" picks. Odds are long he won't see the field till mid/late 2018 at the earliest

YardRat
05-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Wood would be on my list also, but he has the kind of character McD may want to keep around for another year or two.
Henderson or KuJo. Maybe both.
Colton Schmitt. Brandon Tate. Cardale, I guess. Those would be my five.
There really aren't that many guys left at this point that would really qualify.

Historian
05-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Wood has been the face of the franchise for several years, I don't think he's going anywhere. Henderson either.

The Cardale experiment lasted one game. He's done here.

Tate's probably gone in a numbers game.

I believe Darius will be on a very short leash with McDermott.

swiper
05-05-2017, 05:19 AM
when I see words like penultimate used in a sports story have a rule to look up the writers resume...always find a writer not a jock behind the words....never pay much attention to thoughts of writers...

But you'll listen to an illiterate jock who can't string two thoughts together. Ok, you're legit.

swiper
05-05-2017, 05:21 AM
#6 could be the punter could change in the aftermath of the UDFA signings. See Rehkow.

poplarbluffman
05-05-2017, 05:44 AM
jocks played sports...writers are only posting stories about sports as a way to pay the bills as they write the Great American novel....don't waste my time with them

those illiterate jocks earned the right to be respected when they talk about their sport...takes countless hours of hard work/practice to be successful in any endeavor

Night Train
05-05-2017, 06:34 AM
Before some beat their chest and declare certain players unworthy, look at their salary structure and dead cap hit.

Whether you like a player or not doesn't mean a damn thing to anyone that can read and apply logic.

feldspar
05-05-2017, 09:36 AM
jocks played sports...writers are only posting stories about sports as a way to pay the bills as they write the Great American novel....don't waste my time with them

those illiterate jocks earned the right to be respected when they talk about their sport...takes countless hours of hard work/practice to be successful in any endeavor

Including being a writer...

ParanoidAndroid
05-05-2017, 04:56 PM

I guess professional sports writers/journalists don't work hard to get better at their craft. I'm not sure I trust your opinion on writers since I haven't seen your resume.

swiper
05-05-2017, 06:21 PM

So stupid. That's exactly the same as saying Van Miller was never a good Bills announcer b/c e didn't play. Or Larry Felser or Vic Carruci are no good.

Like I said. You are stupid.

swiper
05-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Mike Lupica

Peter King

on and on and on again....

DraftCzar
05-06-2017, 03:13 PM
There is a lot of roster turnover every year, but most happens at the 2nd and 3rd string level.

At the 1st string level, it would be a surprise to see Eric Wood go anywhere. We don't need the Cap Space now, that window has pretty much passed.

Henderson and Kouandjio, if healthy should stick for depth and competition. But, if their skills are not up to par they could be late cuts.

Wally The Barber
05-07-2017, 04:05 PM
The whole team is overpaid

I remember making $16 per week

feldspar
05-07-2017, 04:38 PM
The whole team is overpaid

I remember making $16 per week

5 cents a hand-job?

Wally The Barber
05-07-2017, 05:19 PM
5 cents a hand-job?