PDA

View Full Version : Brian Gaine. Just a question. Why did he not get hired for 4 other GM spots?

DraftCzar
05-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Last year Brian Gaine was interviewed for the San Francisco 49ers general manager post, but was not hired.

Previously he has interviewed for the Eagles, Bears and Jets GM openings.

I am not trying to be negative about him being a possible candidate, just wondering if someone has interviewed for 4 different GM openings but was not hired - what were the reasons?
Was it that he was considered "too young"?

Below is his NFL resume. He spent about 5-6 years with the Dolphins (probably not helping his cred) and the last 3 years with the Texans (that should be considered a good thing....assuming he was opposed to signing Brock Osweiler!)

<tbody>
Houston Texans
Director of Player Personnel
2015 - 2016

Houston Texans
Director of Pro Personnel

Miami Dolphins
Assistant General Manager
2012 - 2013

Miami Dolphins
Director of Player Personnel

Miami Dolphins
Assistant Director of Player Personnel
2008 - 2010

Dallas Cowboys
Assistant Director of Pro Scouting
2005 - 2007

New York Jets
Assistant Director of Pro Scouting

New York Jets
Pro Scout
2001 - 2003

New York Jets
Manager of Pro Development/NFC

New York Jets
College Scout

</tbody>

SpikedLemonade
05-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Certainly not a heavy weight.

I hope we go in the Panther direction instead.

Gaine has done nothing to impress.

jamze132
05-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Too close to the Osweiler deal Stay away...

Night Train
05-05-2017, 06:56 PM
We know NOTHING about him.

And yet, we have opinions..

The internet rules.

Buffalogic
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Didn't McDermott go through the same exact thing?

Mace
05-05-2017, 08:51 PM

The internet rules.

He has shifty eyes and a weasel smirk pasted over his choirboy mug, and who knows what puerile pap spews from his piehole when he saunters in on a wave of bad vibes and insincere salesman shtick. He radiates disharmonious vapors and ill humors, I tell you. He's a man who leaves a trace of coffee in the pot because he doesn't want to make the next one, stuffs one more thing into the overflowing trash because someone else should change the bag, and he'll get what someone else does on order out night just to complain about how terrible it is with an offhanded arrogance just as they appear to be enjoying it.

The foul swine should not be allowed within 100 yards of the sacred Bills GM desk in the closet.

DraftCzar
05-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Age 44

He is the youngest of five brothers born to Irish immigrants Jim and Alice Gaine. His brothers include John, a firefighter in Queens; James, a retired New York City police officer; Patrick, a Bronx firefighter; and Brendan, a businessman in St. Louis who was an assistant football coach at UMaine in 1993.

“We’re a blue-collar family and some of the lessons learned were hard-knocks lessons,” Brian Gaine said. “None [influenced me] more than my dad, watching and learning what it was to work hard. Nothing worth having comes easy and with hard work and dedication, you can achieve a lot of great things in life.”
Gaine was a standout tight end at Don Bosco Prep in Ramsey, N.J. There, he showed promise as a 6-foot-4 200-pounder.

Building off the determination and perseverance learned from his parents and coaching mentors along the way, Gaine has worked his way up through the ranks in the NFL.
Gaine is quick to point out he has received a lot of help along the way.

One of his mentors included former New York Giants, New England Patriots, New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, who from 2008-2010 was the executive vice president of football operations for the Dolphins.
Other front-office gurus who have aided Gaine’s development include longtime Pittsburgh Steelers personnel head Dick Haley and Ireland.

One moment, Brian Gaine was still technically a finalist for the Dolphins’ general manager job.
Three days later, he was out of a job — and some with direct knowledge of the situation believe that it was because his new boss, Dennis Hickey, no longer wanted him around.

The Dolphins fired Gaine on Wednesday after six years with the organization. He had risen as high as assistant general manager under Jeff Ireland, and twice interviewed with Stephen Ross for the team’s top personnel job in recent weeks.

feldspar
05-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Brandon Beane was turned down for the 49ers GM spot, too.

DraftCzar
05-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Correct, he interviewed 4 times to be a GM:

Eagles, Bears, Jets and 49ers all interviewed him, but he was not hired.

feldspar
05-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Correct, he interviewed 4 times to be a GM:

Eagles, Bears, Jets and 49ers all interviewed him, but he was not hired.

I was talking about Brandon Beane.

You are talking about Brian Gaine.

Beane was only interviewed once before, I think...by the 49ers

Mace
05-07-2017, 06:03 PM

That's because Jed York is only 15 and an inexperienced judge of character.

feldspar
05-07-2017, 06:34 PM
That's because Jed York is only 15 and an inexperienced judge of character.

Jed York is THE worst...

JoeMama
05-09-2017, 01:33 PM

The internet rules.

LOL yeah I like how we're all experts on a guy we didn't even know existed until a couple days ago.

sukie
05-09-2017, 01:39 PM
LOL yeah I like how we're all experts on a guy we didn't even know existed until a couple days ago.
We know now... He is terrible. Should have kept Doug.