PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Beane New GM

kishoph
05-09-2017, 04:53 PM
According to WGR Brandon Beane has been named the Buffalo Bills new GM.

Night Train
05-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Good.

Now get a scouting dept. in place and fire some more old cronies sill lingering.

Luisito23
05-09-2017, 04:59 PM
No $***...

Mace
05-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Said Beane, "Brandon Beane welcomes this opportunity."

Seriously, I think this was the right hire and a good one.

Night Train
05-09-2017, 05:00 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/buffalo-bills-hire-brandon-beane-general-manager/NelK8vtSw7oSFm4ertleXL/

Night Train
05-09-2017, 05:02 PM
https://twitter.com/JoeBuscaglia/status/862064236696129536

YardRat
05-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Coulda had Comey if they'd of waited 5 or 10 minutes.

Night Train
05-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(20, 23, 26); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(230, 236, 240); padding: 4px 12px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top;"> Follow</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

New #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) GM Brandon Beane's contract runs concurrent with that of coach Sean McDermott. They are locked in together.

Albany,n.y.
05-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Coulda had Comey if they'd of waited 5 or 10 minutes.

Since he never worked with McDermott, he would never have been a serious candidate, but it sure would have been nice to have someone with the ability to catch the Patriots cheating on board.

GreedoII
05-09-2017, 05:23 PM
buh bye Overdorf

- - - Updated - - -

buh bye training staff

Mace
05-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(20, 23, 26); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(230, 236, 240); padding: 4px 12px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top;"> Follow</button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
</button>

New #Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) GM Brandon Beane's contract runs concurrent with that of coach Sean McDermott. They are locked in together.

And that's as it should be, imho.

OLDSRIP
05-09-2017, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=YardRat;4329569]Coulda had Comey if they'd of waited 5 or 10 minutes.[/QUOTE

They could always fire Beane. He only has 5 years left on his contract.

Wally The Barber
05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
I hate him already :bravo:

cookie G
05-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Now show me the baby.

No, that was 3 GM's ago.

NM.

YardRat
05-09-2017, 06:39 PM
BEANIE WEENIES FOR EVERYBODY AT THE HOME OPENER !!!

http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/images/497_WW_5.jpg

Mace
05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
BEANIE WEENIES FOR EVERYBODY AT THE HOME OPENER !!!

http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/images/497_WW_5.jpg

Or Whammy Branny's.

Bills have been serving the old foot long with relish to fans between the buns for years anyway. Remember it turns out they had lead paint ? New ones will come with a bag of asbestos to huff.

WagonCircler
05-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Can we do something about his first name?

Mace
05-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Can we do something about his first name?

You can get past that, has a different feel, if you call him Brandonbeane, one word. That's what I've been doing and it makes me feel better.

JoeMama
05-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Okay great, we hired some dude.

Now go out there and MAKE BUFFALO GREAT AGAIN.

Mace
05-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Okay great, we hired some dude.

Now go out there and MAKE BUFFALO GREAT AGAIN.

He's not just some dude, Mama ! He's Brandonbeane and you can make book on it.

http://www.panthers.com/assets/images/imported/CAR/photos/2015/06-June/150617_beane_inside.jpg

JoeMama
05-09-2017, 08:00 PM

http://www.panthers.com/assets/images/imported/CAR/photos/2015/06-June/150617_beane_inside.jpg

Oh great. We hired our GM from The Matrix.

Let's hope he's like the original, not those god damn sequels.

Turf
05-09-2017, 08:47 PM
The fact that we just hired a GM and can't fill two pages of a thread in here is an indictment to the state of the forum and fanbase.

TigerJ
05-09-2017, 09:11 PM
Welcome Mr. Anderson, err Beane.

Luisito23
05-09-2017, 09:20 PM
The fact that we just hired a GM and can't fill two pages of a thread in here is an indictment to the state of the forum and fanbase.

No, it's not...

Everyone with 1/2 a brain already knew he was gonna be the GM a long time ago.

Mace
05-09-2017, 09:39 PM

Not an indictment of Beane though. He's a man who ends player contract belligerence when he takes off his shades and you see his cold dead stare. He's a man who makes the next pot of coffee after someone left just a trace for someone else to make it, thinking he can brew a better beverage. He'll not stuff more garbage into an overflowing bag, but he'll quickly address the bag change, holding his garbage until it can be placed into a clean bag. And he is a man who will move the GM desk from the closet into the hallway and sit there expressionless behind his shades so no one will know what he is really looking at or appraising when forced to walk past. He'll sit there silently thinking of GM stuff, rewarding only the boldest who dare to approach with a subtle nod and a whispered "Brandon Beane greets you."

Brandon Beane prefers a pencil, but has never used the eraser. There is one pencil on his desk, a sharpener, and a state of the art computer so he never has to use either. If you hack his webcam, you'll see his upper lip twitch slightly in disapproval and your power will go off for precisely 3 days, because he believes no issue can't be addressed in more than that. When your power comes back on you'll have learned better because your surroundings will be entirely plaid.

Beane is a man who will have the same flip calendar on his desk through his career, with the same date of his hiring on every segment. And lastly, Beane has a photo on the bottom of his shoe, it is Bill Belichick, who he intends to walk on with every footstep.

It is said by the ancient ones, there is one name Bill Belichick will never speak for fear of the wrath of the fates. Brandon Beane.

Or maybe it was one of the Brian guys. I lost my historical mystic research notes. Might have been the Trey guy, I dunno. Might have been Beane though. Or someone else.

Turf
05-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Not an indictment of Beane though. He's a man who ends player contract belligerence when he takes off his shades and you see his cold dead stare. He's a man who makes the next pot of coffee after someone left just a trace for someone else to make it, thinking he can brew a better beverage. He'll not stuff more garbage into an overflowing bag, but he'll quickly address the bag change, holding his garbage until it can be placed into a clean bag. And he is a man who will move the GM desk from the closet into the hallway and sit there expressionless behind his shades so no one will know what he is really looking at or appraising when forced to walk past. He'll sit there silently thinking of GM stuff, rewarding only the boldest who dare to approach with a subtle nod and a whispered "Brandon Beane greets you."

Brandon Beane prefers a pencil, but has never used the eraser. There is one pencil on his desk, a sharpener, and a state of the art computer so he never has to use either. If you hack his webcam, you'll see his upper lip twitch slightly in disapproval and your power will go off for precisely 3 days, because he believes no issue can't be addressed in more than that. When your power comes back on you'll have learned better because your surroundings will be entirely plaid.

Beane is a man who will have the same flip calendar on his desk through his career, with the same date of his hiring on every segment. And lastly, Beane has a photo on the bottom of his shoe, it is Bill Belichick, who he intends to walk on with every footstep.

It is said by the ancient ones, there is one name Bill Belichick will never speak for fear of the wrath of the fates. Brandon Beane.

Or maybe it was one of the Brian guys. I lost my historical mystic research notes. Might have been the Trey guy, I dunno. Might have been Beane though. Or someone else.

You sound like a guy I work with every day.

Frenchman
05-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Good luck and welcome to Buffalo!

Mace
05-09-2017, 10:25 PM
You sound like a guy I work with every day.

I honestly never say much of anything until I start typing here these days. You should use a napkin on lunch though.

cookie G
05-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Oh great. We hired our GM from The Matrix.

Let's hope he's like the original, not those god damn sequels.

His hair's a little shorter now, there's a little gray in it..but there's no mistaking it..

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/1/11/Skull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140503205421

Kinda fitting, he took out Whaley for McSosa.

Things to know:

He likes to go by Skull, and gets really PO'd when people call him Brandon.

Especially when they drag it out, like a kid would do

"Heyyyyy Braaannndonnn.

DraftCzar
05-10-2017, 03:27 AM
We really don't know much about him.

Except for a couple of brief articles that he worked at the Panthers.

Sure hope he embraces the concept of TRADING DOWN in the draft versus trading up like Dougie liked to do.

I bet Doug Whaley gave away more picks because of trade ups then any GM the Bills have had in the past.

Jan Reimers
05-10-2017, 04:34 AM
If Beane can manage the salary cap and begin to get us out of the mess that Whaley and Overdorf created, he will be a success.

Wally The Barber
05-10-2017, 05:26 AM

Another gum chewing,sunglass wearing phony *******

Maybe the Pegulas's just flipped thru pictures looking for a guy who looks like a GM

SpikedLemonade
05-10-2017, 05:30 AM
I hope Kim is "hands off" this time.

YardRat
05-10-2017, 06:04 AM
I want to see how the personnel departments start filling out.

Historian
05-10-2017, 06:05 AM
And lastly, Beane has a photo on the bottom of his shoe, it is Bill Belichick, who he intends to walk on with every footstep.

:rofl:

Jeez, was everybody drunk last night?????

:rofl:

X-Era
05-10-2017, 06:19 AM
I like the move.

Scanning through the Panthers transactions and cap they manage things pretty well. They re-sign their own good players, aren't afraid to release or trade players, and have solid drafts.

Night Train
05-10-2017, 06:25 AM

But if we start another weekly "Russ Brandon Sucks" thread, we'll get 8 pages of sobbing girls.

DraftBoy
05-10-2017, 06:28 AM
From a Panthers team site on SBNation:
http://www.catscratchreader.com/2017/5/9/15601328/carolina-panthers-assistant-general-manager-brandon-beane-officially-named-buffalo-bills-gm

The moment we all assumed would happen, has indeed actually happened. Brandon Beane has officially been named the new general manager of the Buffalo Bills. This has been confirmed by several sources on Twitter and by the NFL itself.

This hiring marks yet another poaching by Bills head coach Sean McDermott at the expense of his former team, and this one might have the most damaging long-term consequences. It is one thing to steal a coach or two and some players we didn’t want anyway, but this is the future of the Carolina Panthers front office we are talking about.

They have a poll on the site about how much of an impact this move will have, 59% of respondents have rated it either "Very Significant" or "It'll Hurt".

They don't mean anything, but its a good sign.

Turf
05-10-2017, 06:54 AM
I like the hire. No more excuses now lets get it done.

WagonCircler
05-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Another gum chewing,sunglass wearing phony *******

Maybe the Pegulas's just flipped thru pictures looking for a guy who looks like a GM

GM? I think he looks like a Secret Service agent.

DraftBoy
05-10-2017, 07:21 AM
We really don't know much about him.

Except for a couple of brief articles that he worked at the Panthers.

Sure hope he embraces the concept of TRADING DOWN in the draft versus trading up like Dougie liked to do.

I bet Doug Whaley gave away more picks because of trade ups then any GM the Bills have had in the past.

4. Beane is more experience than you think. While he hasn't been assistant general manager for long, he got a taste of being a general manager when he was Carolina's assistant general manager back in 2012 before the team hired Gettleman. In that role, Beane went 6-4. The Panthers also credited Beane with executing draft-day trades that resulted in the Panthers drafting cornerback Bene' Benwikere, receiver Devin Funchess and offensive tackle Daryl Williams the past two years, according to the Panthers.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/who_is_brandon_beane_5_things_to_know_about_buffalo_bills_gm_candidate_bio.html

Funchess - Panthers Traded Up - #41 for #57(2nd), #89 (3rd), and #201 (6th)
Williams - Panthers Traded Up #102 (4th) for #124 (4th), #161 (5th), and #242 (7th)
Benwikere - Panthers Traded Up - #148 (4th) for #168 (5th) and #225 (7th)

Just a few examples, all three trade ups netted the Panthers starting caliber players which is pretty big if you're going to risk moving up.

EDS
05-10-2017, 08:17 AM
The Bills organization now has no one that has any experience in scouting or player evaluation. Sounds like a recipe for success.

k-oneputt
05-10-2017, 08:28 AM
The Bills organization now has no one that has any experience in scouting or player evaluation. Sounds like a recipe for success.

Big deal they haven't had anyone for 20 years. Can only get better.

Joe Fo Sho
05-10-2017, 08:33 AM

Beane and McDermott have never evaluated a player before?

Jimkelly12203
05-10-2017, 09:22 AM

He looks like an Agent from the Matrix. Not a bad thing either.

EDIT: DOH JoeMama beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

EDS
05-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Beane and McDermott have never evaluated a player before?

Beane's experience is as an administrator, not in player evaluation. McDermott is a first time head coach, who I hope was involved with the player evaluation process in Carolina.

Obviously, neither have big shoes to fill so improvement in all aspects of the organization will not be hard to come by.

TacklingDummy
05-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Beanie bought an extra 3 years by coming to Buffalo after the draft. He has the excuse that he inherited Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman. He hasn't been able to pick his guy. So if the Bills do suck again for the next 3 years,McDermott will be looking for a job and Beane gets to stay. If the Bills are good the next 3 years he gets to stay. Brilliant move by getting hired after the draft.

feldspar
05-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Beanie bought an extra 3 years by coming to Buffalo after the draft. He has the excuse that he inherited Tyrod Taylor and Nate Peterman. He hasn't been able to pick his guy. So if the Bills do suck again for the next 3 years,McDermott will be looking for a job and Beane gets to stay. If the Bills are good the next 3 years he gets to stay. Brilliant move by getting hired after the draft.

Are you kidding?

Pegula doesn't give a rat's ass about the length of a coach or GM's contact before he fires him. He's proven that over and over again with the Sabres AND the Bills. In fact, he's liable to extend a contact before it's up, and THEN fire that person very soon. We've seen it so often, that it seems like policy.

Terry Pegula has been the Buffalo Sabres' owner since 2011, and the Bills owner since 2014. Following the firing of Dan Bylsma, the next Sabres' coach will make it eight head coaches under Pegula between the two teams. All but one of those coaches were fired with term left on their contract. Marrone quit. So that makes 5 out of 6 coaches who were fired before their contact was up, so often WAY before.

Hell, even Whaley was recently extended by 4 years. When did they do that? Just last year. They gotta pay him for another three years, too...just add him to the list.

The length of a GM or coach's contact means absolutely nothing as to how long he'll last in Buffalo, whether he was recently extended or not...

Historian
05-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Would it be racist to call him Beaner???

swiper
05-10-2017, 03:40 PM

Probably.

feldspar
05-10-2017, 04:02 PM

I say no, because I used to call a girlfriend of mine Beaner.

But that's because she liked to smoke so many joints...

ICRockets
05-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Thanks for letting us know! I respect you!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you!

swiper
05-10-2017, 04:12 PM
I say no, because I used to call a girlfriend of mine Beaner.

But that's because she liked to smoke so many joints...

Tell the truth. It's because she farted under the covers.

Cali512
05-10-2017, 04:34 PM
My sisters name is Sabrina and her nickname is beaner. The thing I've noticed is up north, beaner is acceptable, but I wouldn't dare say it where I live (Texas)

feldspar
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Tell the truth. It's because she farted under the covers.

OK, I will tell the truth. It had a little to do with this, too.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/krPhj39Tp30?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

feldspar
05-10-2017, 05:05 PM
And, as it turns out...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iZ7sffT9FKE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mace
05-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Beane's experience is as an administrator, not in player evaluation. McDermott is a first time head coach, who I hope was involved with the player evaluation process in Carolina.

Obviously, neither have big shoes to fill so improvement in all aspects of the organization will not be hard to come by.

Not really though.

Beane has played a part in the constructing of Carolina's draft board, evaluating professional and collegiate players and operating budgets for eight departments, according to the Star News profile, including video, equipment, training room and player development. He has also worked on player contracts.

"The great thing about Marty was once he gave you a task he did not look over your shoulder; he let you do it,″ Beane told the Star News. “Over the years, he slowly put more and more over my plate."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/09/five-things-know-new-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane/

Joe Fo Sho
05-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Not really though.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/09/five-things-know-new-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane/

Oh great, so the Bills organization now has no one that has any experience with administrative work..

SpikedLemonade
05-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I hope Kim is not into White Clean Cut Guys.

Mace
05-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Brandon Beane embraces his asexuality. It sharpens his football focus, and it is why no one can beat his Kung Fu.

sudzy
05-11-2017, 06:10 PM

http://storage.ottawasun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297358309770_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

Bill Cody
05-12-2017, 09:05 AM
I want to see how the personnel departments start filling out.

we've decided against that. Peg checked and it turned out we've been wasting money on scouting for 20 years and on draft day high fiveing when we take guys like Aaron Maybin, JP Losman, John McCargo, etc. So we've decided to cancel the whole scouting thing. Instead we've signed up for a 3 year subscription to Dane Brugler's NFL Draft Guide and we've going to put the savings into a better grade of toilet paper at the Ralph.

Albany,n.y.
05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
It's good to have a GM who is allowed to speak in public.

Jeff1220
05-12-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm from NY, where I had several friends nicknamed "beaner." I've lived in Nicaragua for five years and still didn't know that it was a slur until now.