PDA

View Full Version : Sad news for longtime Bills booster Chris Berman

ckg927
05-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Berman, who recently became an anchor emeritus at ESPN as he stepped down from-among other duties-hosting Sunday NFL Countdown, lost his wife in a car crash yesterday in Connecticut. Chris got the news from the NYPD while he was watching the Giants-Mets game at CitiField last night, per the Hartford Courant. Multiple outlets are now reporting the story.

Some good thoughts and karma for the Swami and his family, if you please.

WagonCircler
05-10-2017, 09:12 AM
Very sad. I know Chris. He's a very nice man. Exactly the same guy off the air as he is on the air. Awful to hear this. Prayers for the Berman family.

Jimkelly12203
05-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Terrible news. I'm a big fan of Berman. Thought it was a big mistake to take him and TJ off countdown in favor of a bunch of talking head windbags like Trey Wingo, etc...

Turf
05-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Oh no.

Skooby
05-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Terrible news, he has a home down here in Sanibel and I've talked with him a few times. Really nice guy and he loves the Bills, all my condolences and prayers sent his way.

TigerJ
05-10-2017, 03:28 PM
So sad. Unfortunately life events don't go through any sort of fairness screening before they can happen. Sometimes, all you can do is pick up the pieces.

ICRockets
05-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Berman, who recently became an anchor emeritus at ESPN as he stepped down from-among other duties-hosting Sunday NFL Countdown, lost his wife in a car crash yesterday in Connecticut. Chris got the news from the NYPD while he was watching the Giants-Mets game at CitiField last night, per the Hartford Courant. Multiple outlets are now reporting the story.

Some good thoughts and karma for the Swami and his family, if you please.
Great post, Carl!

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible news. I'm a big fan of Berman. Thought it was a big mistake to take him and TJ off countdown in favor of a bunch of talking head windbags like Trey Wingo, etc...
I agree! I respect you!

YardRat
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Tragic. Condolences to the family.

DetDannyWilliams
06-22-2017, 07:21 PM
Berman opened up about how hard it has been after losing his wife of 34 years, especially given how their son got married last month, only weeks after her death.

Kathy, 67, was killed in a two-car crash in Woodbury, Conn., on May 9. Doug, the couple’s son, had his wedding on May 22.
“Our son got married, she never saw it,” Berman said, via the Hartford Courant (http://www.courant.com/sports/golf/hc-jacobs-column-berman-traveles-0621-20170620-column.html). “We were kind of figuring out what semi-retirement was for us. We’ll probably go to Maui, January, February, March. We’ll see what the year brings. Now, people ask me: ‘What are you going to do?’ I don’t know. Are you kidding? We’re just trying to process it.
“She had waited all this time, this is what I said at the eulogy, never complaining and she never saw it. Here it was, our son’s going to get married, there’s our daughter [Meredith], I’m semi-retired. That’s what makes me the saddest. This was right at the doorstep. Doug had a wonderful wedding. It was great, upbeat. But there’s the song my son never got to dance with his mother. That’s rough.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/chris-berman-discusses-life-after-wife%e2%80%99s-fatal-car-crash/ar-BBD2OHV?ocid=spartanntp