PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day- Here's Your New Jag

Night Train
05-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Come on...we've all done this..

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/27979/lesean-mccoy-surprises-mom-new-jaguar-for-mothers-day

Cali512
05-15-2017, 12:08 AM
She's young. If you said it was his wife i wouldn't of questioned it

HHURRICANE
05-15-2017, 05:11 AM
That's why 99% of these guys are broke eventually.

And the writer is awe struck over 6 million in salary.

YardRat
05-15-2017, 05:33 AM
I'm with LeRon....I've got the bow covered.

jamze132
05-15-2017, 05:56 AM
XJL? Can be bought for under $100k. Don't think Shady is going to miss it. Besides, it's for his moms.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-15-2017, 09:21 AM
I see nothing wrong with it. Buying the watches for his blockers, well didn't Kelly buy some high end cowboy boots for his O line during the glory years? Athletes don't go broke by buying high end gifts. They go broke by blowing their money on wine, women (and later child support), and entertainment and living larger than life. Also, bad investments, bad agents, and just plain bad luck.

sukie
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
So he bought a Jag... Does that mean Shady is going to Jacksonville? Any Tweets? Oh Noes!!!!!

OpIv37
05-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Jaguar makes some bad ass cars but I hear the maintenance on them is a *****.

If I ever become wealthy, I'd buy one as a toy to drive on weekends in good weather maybe but I can't see using one as a daily driver.

feldspar
05-15-2017, 11:58 AM
If I ever become wealthy, I'd buy one as a toy to drive on weekends in good weather maybe but I can't see using one as a daily driver.

If I ever become wealthy, I'd buy a nice reliable new car. Just one for myself.

Nothing extreme. I just want to get from point A to point B. that's what a car is for.

swiper
05-15-2017, 12:07 PM

Nothing extreme. I just want to get from point A to point B. that's what a car is for.

K car. A nice, reliable automobile. These guys told me so...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V8zdNe_l3M8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OpIv37
05-15-2017, 12:09 PM

Hmmm. All this time I thought you were a dude. Just realized that you're a chick.

feldspar
05-15-2017, 12:46 PM
Hmmm. All this time I thought you were a dude. Just realized that you're a chick.

I can prove otherwise, smartypants, although neither one of us would likely enjoy that.

WTF would I need a Jaguar for? To go way too fast, or to become a target for thieves or whoever? I'm more of a fan of people who aren't generally stuck on appearances. I see a $100,000 car (or whatever) as a status symbol and totally unnecessary. I want to park my car at the 7-11 and not look over my shoulder, if you see what I mean. I'd like to remain inconspicuous.

I'd get a very good car. Don't worry, I'll get to the party on time.

OpIv37
05-15-2017, 01:28 PM
I can prove otherwise, smartypants, although neither one of us would likely enjoy that.

WTF would I need a Jaguar for? To go way too fast, or to become a target for thieves or whoever? I'm more of a fan of people who aren't generally stuck on appearances. I see a $100,000 car (or whatever) as a status symbol and totally unnecessary. I want to park my car at the 7-11 and not look over my shoulder, if you see what I mean. I'd like to remain inconspicuous.

Yeah, I get the status symbol bull****. I'll go with name brand if I truly believe it does something better than what the lesser brands do, but I'll never buy a name brand or luxury label just for appearances.

I drive an Infiniti Q50. I would have no problem driving an Altima but the Infiniti has a faster engine and the Altima doesn't have AWD (they can't plow for **** around here). I bought it used and had a huge down payment from the insurance check when my old car got totaled. My wife has a Murano that's roughly the equivalent in features (she has a few things that mine doesn't and vice versa).

But sometimes I don't even like telling people what I drive because of all the pretentious people who buy cars as status symbols. No one would ever think someone was snobby for driving a Murano, but they might for people driving an Infiniti, even though they have roughly the same features.

It drives me crazy when people buy things for status symbols and don't even realize what they have. It happens everywhere but I see it a lot in the D.C. area cuz people have so much expendable cash. Every other car is $75k plus, then you see people driving 60 in 300 hp cars looking at Google maps on their phone cuz they don't know how to work the nav system. They have no idea what that car can do, but it's got a BMW or Mercedes or Acura or Lexus or Land Rover logo on the outside for everyone to see.

OpIv37
05-15-2017, 01:30 PM
The one that kills me is when people buy $80k range rovers then put rims and low profile tires on them.

They buy a car that's expensive because of it's off-road ability then immediately make it useless off-road.

Valerie
05-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Good for him! I think it's sweet what he did for his mom! I got 10 boxes of bottle caps (candy) :lmao: It's all relative.

bleve
05-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Should've been a Tesla

jamze132
05-15-2017, 08:27 PM

Some folks chose to spend their money on cars and view them differently than someone who just needs some reliable transportation. I personally love to drive and enjoy driving something fast and luxurious which is why I love BMW. I'm currently driving a new F-150 since my Stingray was literally killing my knees to shift gears. My meniscus feels much better. Now I really miss the Stingray and am looking to get into a ZO6 but the BMW ///M bug is buzzing around...

stuckincincy
05-15-2017, 09:06 PM
If I got a windfall, I'd become a citizen of The Isle of Man, a self-governing crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Northern Ireland.

The Lieutenant Governor that runs the place is a part-timer...his main job is running a hardware store. The tax rate? Maximum of 20%, and it is capped.

Then I would buy a Renault Twingo - rear engine, rear wheel drive. Removed from the CV joint restrictions of FWD , it's turning circle is a mere 28 ft. My 2015 Camry clocks in at 37 feet, IIRC.

Isle of Man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man#Economy

Renault Twingo:

https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/new-vehicles/twingo.html

Homegrown
05-17-2017, 02:58 PM
the great thing about being a black fella .... no fathers day gifts to shell out for

jlgarsh
05-21-2017, 01:33 PM
the great thing about being a black fella .... no fathers day gifts to shell out for

Apparently you missed the instagram posts where they said their parents had been married for 28 years....