PDA

View Full Version : Next weekend, Friday August 8th..

Valerie
07-30-2003, 08:16 PM
I was thinking for a pre-pre get together, the people who will be around and in town we should all meet up next Friday night at the Fish Market in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. I was thinking around 6:30 or so. Any thoughts? Any interest? Please let me know. :)

The_Philster
07-30-2003, 08:30 PM
It's an idea...so long as those of us not from the area know how to get there or something.

G. Host
07-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon - it is also a Bills Bar on Sundays.

Wys, Rich and I have talked about it. I do not know else who else they talked to.

I hate Old Town - I live too close to it and I dislike restaurant taxes. Terrible parking and abusive meter people.

Either way I can make a map like I did for tailgate. Some actually swear by my maps.

WG
07-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Anyone coming won't be put to the test driving in this area. I'll be happy to drive.

As well, the DoubleTree hotel, very, very nice BTW, is available for ~$60/night at Tyson's Corner if anyone is interested.

Also, if anyone wants a nickel tour of D.C., please let me know. It's awesome by night.

As to Jimmy's, we'll see who's comin' and what's goin' on. Old Town, D.C., Georgetown, and Jimmy's are way too much for one summer evening featuring D.C. summer Friday traffic.

So we'll see who's interested, what they want to do, etc.

Valerie
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
What kind of food and drinks does Jimmy's have? The Fish Market has AWESOME margaritas and the wings are pretty decent too.

WG
07-31-2003, 08:47 AM
Jimmy's has good food generally speaking. Jimmy and I are constantly "discussing" which sauce he should use. He currently uses Anchor Bar sauce whereas I am trying to get him to use mine. It'll boost wing sales if he does, but man, tryin' to get an "old animal" to do new tricks...

LOL

He's a great guy. He said I can come do something there sometime, events, fliers for BZ, he's really cool and a lot of fun.

WG
07-31-2003, 08:49 AM
BTW Jaded, the wings at the FM are marginal. They're not good by any stretch. The margheritas are awesome however.

Other fun places to meet that may be more central are the Tombs in Georgetown or Crystal City Sports Bar.

I can't think of any good wing places in the Rockville area of Md.

Jimmy's is an easy 20 min. drive from where the Toll Road hits the beltway.

Sabre Ally
07-31-2003, 08:54 AM
Sorry I can't make it, I was looking forward to it. I would like to say that I'll be thinking of y'all, but that'd be a lie........I'll be at the Bob Dylan/Grateful Dead concert. :insane:

Valerie
07-31-2003, 08:57 AM
I'm still sad that you're not coming, Ally. :(

Wys, I guess it's up to you guys since I'm usually out voted. Just let me know. Georgetown on a Friday night will be a ***** as far as parking. Worse than Old Town, IMHO. As long as Jimmy makes frozen drinks, I'll go there. I need my frozen drink fix. :D

Sabre Ally
07-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Well, if he doesn't have frozen drinks, you could always do BJs. :D

Valerie
07-31-2003, 09:00 AM
This is true, Ally. I'm good at those. ;)

Sabre Ally
07-31-2003, 09:04 AM
:chuckle:

R. Rich
07-31-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by G. Host
Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon - it is also a Bills Bar on Sundays.

Wys, Rich and I have talked about it. I do not know else who else they talked to.

I hate Old Town - I live too close to it and I dislike restaurant taxes. Terrible parking and abusive meter people.

Either way I can make a map like I did for tailgate. Some actually swear by my maps.

Yep, I'm planning on going to Jimmy's that Friday night, especially since he's not coming to the tailgate/game now. I will probably bring a date for that too.

WG
07-31-2003, 09:08 AM
Jaded, don't forget, you came down early last time. starting at 5 p.m. a normally 30 min. trip to Old Town took me more than an hour. G-Town parking up a the Tomb's isn't bad at all. It's right over the Key Bridge too. Over the Bridge, RIGHT, first LEFT and it's a snap from there. It's also counter rush, OT isn't.

WG
07-31-2003, 09:10 AM
Ally,

If you need a ride down, call me. I may be up there for biz the day prior to the Ravens game.

SW Air is currently running a $39 ea. way sale to/from BUF/BWI.

1 ticket for flying and a ride from me, and you're all set. Call me to discuss if interested. I think you need to purchase the tick today or tomorrow however. I'll look into it if you're interested.

Sabre Ally
07-31-2003, 09:11 AM
You didn't read my post very well, did you. :D

I'm going to be wasted at the Dylan/Dead concert. ;)

WG
07-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Actually, I just checked and it appears that that special is off. Call tho. But for only $33 more, you can get it.

Flights Departs Arrives Stops
Refundable Anytime
$73
87 11:00am 12:00pm N/S

2876 2:25pm 3:25pm N/S

1822 4:30pm 5:35pm N/S

2360 6:10pm 7:15pm N/S

2128 8:35pm 9:40pm N/S

So essentially it'd be me driving you from Roch if you can get a ride there presumably, then flying back.

WG
07-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I read it. Wasn't sure if you'd bought concert tix already...

It would have been good to have ya down for it!!

BTW, comin' to the wing fest this year?

No cookin' this time. They went way outta there way gettin' all sorts of hired fry options. They're not even bringing out cookers or setting aside space for it. Should be a LOT more fun. 'specially for me on two good legs. Or at least relatively speaking... LOL

Sabre Ally
07-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Yep, a friend already has the tickets bought. I get one of his since I'm driving everyone there. :D
I usually have one weekend day off from work, so yeah, maybe I can come on one of the days. That was a LOT of fun last year. :)

Throne Logic
07-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry, I'm not up for fighting both Beltways at 6:00 on a Friday. I'll see you all on Saturday afternoon.