PDA

View Full Version : Bills Hire VP of Personnel - Brian Gaine

DraftBoy
05-15-2017, 04:31 PM
Buffalo's front office is coming together quickly at the top. A day after announcing the hire of Jim Schoen as Assistant general manager, GM Brandon Beane confirmed the hiring of Brian Gaine as Vice President of Player Personnel.

Gaine interviewed for the Bills general manager position when the Pegulas were trying to fill that post a couple of weeks ago, but Beane, who has known Gaine for the past five years took what he called a "shot in the dark" to land the Houston personnel executive.

"It's generally a pretty lateral move, but Brian was excited about building this and starting this," Beane told Buffalobills.com. "I think partnering with me and Joe was attractive. I know Brian and who he is to the core and trust that he's going to be a big time asset."

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-name-Brian-Gaine-Vice-President-of-Player-Personnel/c233bd51-777f-4588-b136-a95b2656602f

SpikedLemonade
05-15-2017, 04:44 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

DesertFox24
05-15-2017, 04:55 PM
I honestly have no idea how these guys compare to Fischer and Monus. I was under the impression those two guys were held in high regard as well at the time we hired them. That said I do not remember either them getting GM interviews, which these two guys have been too.

The fact that both of them have been to multiple GM interviews at least tells me the league knows about them and respects them. Hopefully they can help us develop a winner.

Night Train
05-15-2017, 05:03 PM
In true message board form, we should blame him solely for the Brock Osweiler trade and destroy him right off the plane.

swiper
05-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Kim Pegula gloating about this. Just STFU already. No one cares what Kim Pegula thinks. She has no experience to make such statements. Put a winning team on the field before making stupid proclamations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_5gM_RXkAAtHi3.jpg:large

- Kim Pegula

SpikedLemonade
05-15-2017, 05:08 PM
Kim Pegula gloating about this. Just STFU already. No one cares what Kim Pegula thinks. She has no experience to make such statements. Put a winning team on the field before making stupid proclamations.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_5gM_RXkAAtHi3.jpg:large

- Kim Pegula

Kim knows what kind of men she likes.

swiper
05-15-2017, 05:10 PM
She hasn't called you apparently.

SpikedLemonade
05-15-2017, 05:18 PM
She hasn't called you apparently.

NOT yet.

Mace
05-15-2017, 06:55 PM
I was pleased to see this. Being Buffalo, you never know how it works out, but it looks to me like they're putting together a competent, ascending FO of targeted candidates with ties and mutual vision.

endzone
05-15-2017, 07:54 PM
I was pleased to see this. Being Buffalo, you never know how it works out, but it looks to me like they're putting together a competent, ascending FO of targeted candidates with ties and mutual vision.

Agree! At least they are clearing the deck for new views!! At last!

Klaista2k
05-16-2017, 01:55 AM
Seems like a damn good hire.

I almost like him over Beane for GM.

elroy16
05-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Beane is excited about it.

“I’ll be honest with you,” Beane told Buffalobills.com. “I had hoped to get one of these two guys and I got them both. It was no guarantee I could get either one of them, but to get them both… I’m floating as much as when I got the job. I’m happy for them.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Beane-quickly-assembling-powerhouse-front-office/abfecc36-40ba-48ae-bf93-e94ee419b23e

Here's something from when Gaine interviewed for the GM job.

The Eagles were eyeing Gaine for a high-profile position prior to the 2015 season and the Texans gave him a promotion to keep him from leaving. Since then, Gaine has been linked to a number of GM vacancies. With Rick Smith in charge, Houston might not have a higher title left to keep Gaine from wanting to bolt.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/brian-gaine

Sounds like he was close to a GM job, seems like an odd time to move laterally. Regardless, sounds like a very solid #3.

TigerJ
05-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Seems like a damn good hire.

I almost like him over Beane for GM.Beane has a more rounded background as a GM, having done almost everything in an NFL front office that there is to do. Gaine's experience is exclusively in player personnel, and Beane has hired him to continue doing what he's already shown he can do.

Saratoga Slim
05-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Beane has a more rounded background as a GM, having done almost everything in an NFL front office that there is to do. Gaine's experience is exclusively in player personnel, and Beane has hired him to continue doing what he's already shown he can do.

Beane said he wanted to assemble his 'Dream Team.' I'm honestly encouraged by this. Seems like a group of young guys with strong credentials that want to work together. Honestly, absent the possibility of one of the blue chip GMs in the league suddenly becoming available, it's probably the best case scenario. I'm much more interested in the possibility here than if we had just signed a re-tread, or if Beane was going it along with a bunch of unknowns. He's done a great job of filling the personnel evaluation gaps in his own resume.

justasportsfan
05-16-2017, 06:20 PM

I heard he was very highly regarded in Houston. Another workaholic

- - - Updated - - -

I heard he was very highly regarded in Houston. Another workaholic

psubills62
05-16-2017, 09:31 PM
I'm good with this. Seems like an impressive get, considering he was interviewing to be our GM.