PDA

View Full Version : So lets talk football..

PrimeTime
05-16-2017, 02:08 PM
So I am looking forward to watching these 5 players.

Reggie Ragland
Tre'Davious White
Zay Jones
Dion Dawkins
and ill throw in Nathan Peterman

Who are you looking forward to watching? who will be the best talent among the best?

for me any time there is a new QB in the mix no matter what draft pick.. I get a little excited.

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Zay Jones for me.

I think we got a steal with him.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Zay Jones

He has the best hands I've ever seen out of a prospect. I see so many plays where the defender has amazing position or the ball is totally thrown inaccurate and he makes the only possible play to catch the ball. He's incredible and I honestly think he has the ability to be a top 5 WR in the NFL. The more I watch the more I'm impressed

Ragland is the same but with hitting. I loved him pre draft and never seen a LB in the draft where every single hit drove the offensive player back. It doesn't matter who has the momentum or angle, he manages to make a huge hit no matter what the circumstances are

Peterman, Dawkins, and White all seem like just solid players

Also that white WR who we signed UDFA looks amazing. He has amazing ball skills

Kenny
05-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Out of the rookies, Zay Jones for sure.
But I really hope we get to see a lot of Cardale during preseason... he's got the physical skills, so hopefully the light turns on for this kid. I cant see us carry 4 QBs, so I figure TT and Peterman are safe bets. Really interested to see if we found someone with Jones.

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Why did Zay drop into the 2nd round again?

Joe Fo Sho
05-16-2017, 02:44 PM
I'm interested in watching whichever 11 guys line up on defense. Hopefully that unit doesn't get too much worse after getting rid of the defensive genius we had for a coach last year.

On offense, I'll be watching to see if Tyrod grew a set of balls.

cookie G
05-16-2017, 02:49 PM

Its not that he dropped to the 2nd, he moved up to the 2nd.

He had that small school/lack of competition stigma to overcome. But a very good Senior Bowl week showed he could compete with the bigger school guys, and his combine showed why he could compete with them.

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Its not that he dropped to the 2nd, he moved up to the 2nd.

He had that small school/lack of competition stigma to overcome. But a very good Senior Bowl week showed he could compete with the bigger school guys, and his combine showed why he could compete with them.

1997 Marshall is much better than 2016 East Carolina?

Because this guy was drafted with the 21st overall pick....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmR3kltOsA

OpIv37
05-16-2017, 02:57 PM
The problem with Zay Jones is the guy throwing him the ball.

I'm actually more intrigued by last year's draft class. I want to see what Ragland has and what Lawson can do with a full off season.

Skooby
05-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Dareus, let's see if he comes in overweight again and unable to run.

The Toe Show
05-16-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm excited to see some of the Bills core play hangry.

Tyrod, Sammy, and Lesean all have something to prove this year.

Only Bills fans know how Tyrod and Sammy were actually mediocre, despite flashes of brilliance and decent stats. It is possible the previous regime held them back and they are elite players.

The Bills may have have a ton of unrealized talent on both sides of the ball, just needs to be properly deployed.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:10 PM
What's actually funny about zay is I've watched all of his vs tape, and even with 160 catches, he was massively under-utilized. There are so many times where they would throw two passes to him, he'd make amazing catches, then they would stop throwing to him. Or he'd be obviously wide open, then throw to a contested WR. Also they like never threw on the goaline, which is dumb when Zay had such amazing ball skills. They also did play decent competition in college,he just had poor measurables

Night Train
05-16-2017, 03:12 PM
DT Nigel Williams.

With Kyle and Jonathan probably here, we need Nigel to make the team and retain our lucrative Williams bonus.

Joe Fo Sho
05-16-2017, 03:16 PM
What's actually funny about zay is I've watched all of his vs tape, and even with 160 catches, he was massively under-utilized. There are so many times where they would throw two passes to him, he'd make amazing catches, then they would stop throwing to him. Or he'd be obviously wide open, then throw to a contested WR. Also they like never threw on the goaline, which is dumb when Zay had such amazing ball skills. They also did play decent competition in college,he just had poor measurables

Well he's going to be right at home with Tyrod.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:19 PM
Well he's going to be right at home with Tyrod.

Actually tyrods issues is not really accuracy at all. It's missing open WRs and running to fast. So its not really going to help him. See Zay can do wonders with an ej sadly enough, and maybe with Tyrod running a west coast type offense.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:20 PM
DT Nigel Williams.

With Kyle and Jonathan probably here, we need Nigel to make the team and retain our lucrative Williams bonus.

Watch Nigel in college ad you will see the softest DLmen in NFL history

I saw a small RB put him on his ass, he's pretty pathetic

Bill Cody
05-16-2017, 03:23 PM
Zay Jones for me.

I think we got a steal with him.

A steal would be getting him without paying to move up

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:28 PM

False. A steal is a steal if his value proves greater than a 2nd. Which I think everyone is seeing he is going to be a star. Watch him, its incredible that he "fell" to the second. I know its bad to second guess teams, but holy **** its amazing the balls he comes down with. Odel beckum like

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 03:28 PM

6' 2" and 201 lbs.?

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:29 PM
6' 2" and 201 lbs.?

I mean his combine numbers

Skooby
05-16-2017, 03:29 PM

Unless he becomes a top 5 WR in the league, then he's a steal.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Mitch i think you wrote that wrong

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 03:32 PM
How is 6' 2" and 201 lbs. a poor measurable for a NFL WR unless he runs the 40 in over 5 seconds?

Joe Fo Sho
05-16-2017, 03:32 PM
Actually tyrods issues is not really accuracy at all. It's missing open WRs and running to fast. So its not really going to help him. See Zay can do wonders with an ej sadly enough, and maybe with Tyrod running a west coast type offense.

I'm not saying accuracy is Tyrod's problem. I'm saying that Zay will have the same problems in Buffalo with Tyrod that you said he had in college, being underutilized and ignored while being open.

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:41 PM
How is 6' 2" and 201 lbs. a poor measurable for a NFL WR unless he runs the 40 in over 5 seconds?

He had an average combine, and played in a small school. He dropped to the second round because of those things. Are you really arguing this? It already happened!

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 03:47 PM
He had an average combine, and played in a small school. He dropped to the second round because of those things. Are you really arguing this? It already happened!
I guess it was the small school stigma despite my Randy Moss example.

Zay had a good Combine as well....

Jones (6-foot-2, 201 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds at the Combine, adding a 36.5-inch vertical jump, 133-inch broad jump, and 4.01-second 20-yard shuttle.
Coming off a strong showing at the Senior Bowl, Jones kept his momentum going by putting forth one of the best Combine performances at his position. Jones' film didn't make his athleticism obvious -- he generally comes off as a possession wideout -- but evidently he had more raw burst than the optics let on.....

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/zay-jones-excellent-numbers-at-combine/

Cali512
05-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Tbh I didn't even look it up. I was arguing your points to Draftboy and that's what he told me and I usually take his word for things. I guess he did have a good combine, but its crazy he dropped none the less

Bill Cody
05-16-2017, 03:56 PM
False. A steal is a steal if his value proves greater than a 2nd.

Well to be fair we've already paid more than a 2nd. The deal was Zay and a 5th for our 2nd and a 3rd. Zay has to play more like a 1st rounder for him to be a "steal". To be honest if it looks like we got fair value I'm more than fine with it. I'm used to the Bills taking players that end up as a word rhyming with "lust".

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Well to be fair we've already paid more than a 2nd. The deal was Zay and a 5th for our 2nd and a 3rd. Zay has to play more like a 1st rounder for him to be a "steal". To be honest if it looks like we got fair value I'm more than fine with it. I'm used to the Bills taking players that end up as a word rhyming with "lust".
I agree with that and I think he will.

Bill Cody
05-16-2017, 04:14 PM
I agree with that and I think he will.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-04-19-jerry-rice-cowboys-49ers_N.htm

I hope you're right. Maybe he's Jerry Rice. Now THAT would be a steal.

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 04:19 PM
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-04-19-jerry-rice-cowboys-49ers_N.htm

I hope you're right. Maybe he's Jerry Rice. Now THAT would be a steal.

Jerry was slow compared to Zay.

ParanoidAndroid
05-16-2017, 04:59 PM
DT Nigel Williams.

If he doesn't make it, the Lewises can catch up to the Williamses.

justasportsfan
05-16-2017, 06:02 PM
The undrafted punter

- - - Updated - - -

The undrafted punter

Wally The Barber
05-16-2017, 06:23 PM
So I am looking forward to watching these 5 players.

Reggie Ragland
Tre'Davious White
Zay Jones
Dion Dawkins
and ill throw in Nathan Peterman

Who are you looking forward to watching? who will be the best talent among the best?

for me any time there is a new QB in the mix no matter what draft pick.. I get a little excited.

Stephon Gilmore, Chris Hogan & Zach Brown

Oh wait, we can always find replacement players in the draft during our yearly REBUILD project

Freaking bastards

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Stephon Gilmore, Chris Hogan & Zach Brown

Oh wait, we can always find replacement players in the draft during our yearly REBUILD project

Freaking bastards

LOL!!!!!

swiper
05-16-2017, 06:59 PM
After better WRs, proven WRs on the pro level like Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, and Charles Clay have become ghosts of themselves b/c Tyrod Taylor can't get them the ball, why would anyone all the sudden get excited over an unproven 2nd round draft pick WR? You think some magic is going to happen and Taylor will all the sudden find him where he failed to find the others? Ridiculous magical thinking Bills fans.

swiper
05-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Jerry was slow compared to Zay.

Like Richard Simmons is straight compared to you.

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 07:04 PM
After better WRs, proven WRs on the pro level like Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, and Charles Clay have become ghosts of themselves b/c Tyrod Taylor can't get them the ball, why would anyone all the sudden get excited over an unproven 2nd round draft pick WR? You think some magic is going to happen and Taylor will all the sudden find him where he failed to find the others? Ridiculous magical thinking Bills fans.

Who said anything about Taylor succeeding?

I assume Zay will struggle in his rookie year like the majority of rookie WRs, but I do not expect Taylor to be our starting QB by December.

In Zay's 2nd year, the starting QB will have had a full off-season with him as the #2 WR and I expect Zay to do very well.

Sammy is a goner.

swiper
05-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Who's going to be our QB in December?

SpikedLemonade
05-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Who's going to be our QB in December?

I am not sure but I am betting it is not TT.

He may not even be on the roster right now.

swiper
05-16-2017, 07:30 PM
I am not sure but I am betting it is not TT.

He may not even be on the roster right now.

I don't like him, but there's not one even close to his level of play on the roster. Anyone thinking a Peterman or Cardale Jones is ever going to be close is just magical thinking. The wild-card is Yates who showed a little then got hurt. But even he isn't going to be the ultimate answer. In reality, to me, the Bills could go out and resign Fitzpatrick and he would be more effective than anyone on this roster. And he was terrible last year. But we have seen him will his way to making plays.

ICRockets
05-16-2017, 07:55 PM
I'm very excited to see what Tre White and Reggie Ragland can bring to this defense. A lot of people are saying Ragland might not fit in McDermott's scheme, but I'm confident he will silence his critics.

Assuming he gets healthy in time for camp, I'm also pretty psyched for Kolby Listenbee. He's got the skill set to replace Goodwin as a speedy deep threat, and we're going to need that to take advantage of Tyrod's arm strength. Without the personnel at WR to exploit one of the best facets of our QB, we will struggle to move the ball. Listenbee is instrumental in that regard.

ParanoidAndroid
05-16-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm always interested in rookies but I'm looking forward to seeing some of the new vets this year.
1. Logan Thomas - wondering if he can make the transition to TE.
2. Lorenzo Alexander - another transitioning player...to 4-3 OLB
3. Ramon Humber vs. Preston Brown vs. Matt Milano
4. Micah Hyde - hopefully the best safety we've had since Milloy
5. Patrick DiMarco - we're paying good money so I hope there is a good plan for him.

YardRat
05-16-2017, 08:48 PM
I want to see all of the players in the new systems, the vets have just as much to prove, gain or lose as the rookies. I still say this roster has talent, even with the large turnover this year there is a core, and with all of the new additions I want to see this staff putting these players in positions to succeed.

DraftBoy
05-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Tbh I didn't even look it up. I was arguing your points to Draftboy and that's what he told me and I usually take his word for things. I guess he did have a good combine, but its crazy he dropped none the less

That's not what I said, but ok...

sukie
05-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Looking for a breakout year from Gillislee. THAT guy has something. No wait! Aw crap.

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2017, 12:31 PM
IIn reality, to me, the Bills could go out and resign Fitzpatrick and he would be more effective than anyone on this roster. And he was terrible last year. But we have seen him will his way to making plays.
You have lost all credibility in my eyes.

sukie
05-17-2017, 12:53 PM
The fact that Swiper had credibility in your eyes, and this is the camel back break moment is concerning? Seriously, are you alright being around metal eating utensils?

elroy16
05-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Zay Jones
Adolphus Washington
Shaq Lawson
Reggie Ragland
Dion Dawkins
Marcell Dareus

If we don't see much from Adolphus, they'll need to keep working on finding Kyle's future replacement. I think/hope Dareus is going to be fine and should excel in this defense. He just turned 27 so should have a number of productive years ahead of him.

Basically I'm hoping we see both lines start to take shape and become strengths of this team. If the O-line can take shape, we can finally properly evaluate Tyrod without having to factor in a revolving door at RT.

Both the top two WR's excelled at screens and quick passes. Will the offense finally utilize their skills properly?

PrimeTime
05-17-2017, 07:39 PM
So ill take these one at a time.

Spiked I think his problem was his combine numbers.. I mean everyone can have a bad day but question is.. was it a bad day or was it his best combine?

The undrafted punter

- - - Updated - - -

The undrafted punter
punter good one

Who said anything about Taylor succeeding?

I assume Zay will struggle in his rookie year like the majority of rookie WRs, but I do not expect Taylor to be our starting QB by December.

In Zay's 2nd year, the starting QB will have had a full off-season with him as the #2 WR and I expect Zay to do very well.

Sammy is a goner.
so you lost all faith in Taylor? I am actually looking forward to see him play in a proper system that fits his style.. this year we will see his ceiling.

Agreed lol

Zay Jones
Adolphus Washington
Shaq Lawson
Reggie Ragland
Dion Dawkins
Marcell Dareus

If we don't see much from Adolphus, they'll need to keep working on finding Kyle's future replacement. I think/hope Dareus is going to be fine and should excel in this defense. He just turned 27 so should have a number of productive years ahead of him. Basically I'm hoping we see both lines start to take shape and become strengths of this team. If the O-line can take shape, we can finally properly evaluate Tyrod without having to factor in a revolving door at RT. Both the top two WR's excelled at screens and quick passes. Will the offense finally utilize their skills properly?

I think you hit the nail on button.. Here is the way I look at it... You never no how good a QB is till he plays in the NFL.. How many of you would **** your pants if Peterman came out flying hard in preseason?

The Jokeman
05-18-2017, 05:07 AM

Small school prospect with questionable speed.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2017, 07:07 AM
I think Peterman has as outside shot of starting at some point this year.