PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady and the Pats in hot water....again

Forward_Lateral
05-17-2017, 03:19 PM
His big mouth wife basically admitted that he's had several concussions that they "don't talk about".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-suffer-concussion-last-year-gisele-says-132941059.html

Bill Cody
05-17-2017, 03:35 PM
that's a lot of mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's

if this surprises you about any QB you're pretty naïve, I'll bet most QB's get at least one a season. The concussion issue is massively under reported in my opinion.

Thurmal
05-17-2017, 03:38 PM
She's probably exaggerating. If Brady, who sits behind a brick wall of an offensive line and is always protected by refs from being tackled, is still getting numerous concussions a year, that would mean that guys that get drilled all the time like Roethlisberger and Newton are getting them weekly.

feldspar
05-17-2017, 04:33 PM
Non-story.

OpIv37
05-17-2017, 04:52 PM
The jackass cheated his way to fame, money, sports glory and a hot wife and acted like a douche while doing it.

I hope this is true because it would be poetic justice if his brains were scrambled by age 45 and he was too ****ed in the head to enjoy any of it.

feldspar
05-17-2017, 05:00 PM
The jackass cheated his way to fame, money, sports glory and a hot wife and acted like a douche while doing it.

I hope this is true because it would be poetic justice if his brains were scrambled by age 45 and he was too ****ed in the head to enjoy any of it.

That's a ****ed-up take.

Brady is a top-five QB in the history of the NFL, ask me. Cannot deny that, as much as you would like to because of the grief he has has caused you.

Cheating is not what caused all of his success to happen by a long shot...but continue to think so. It amuses me when people piss the Patriot Way off like that. I love it. Brady is a fantastic QB. That's it. I don't like it either, but it's undeniable.

If you want to see him all screwed up physically or mentally and call that karma, you are taking all of this WAY too seriously and should watch out for your own karma.

OpIv37
05-17-2017, 05:12 PM
That's a ****ed-up take.

Brady is a top-five QB in the history of the NFL, ask me. Cannot deny that, as much as you would like to because of the grief he has has caused you.

Cheating is not what caused all of his success to happen by a long shot...but continue to think so. It amuses me when people piss the Patriot Way off like that. I love it. Brady is a fantastic QB. That's it. I don't like it either, but it's undeniable.

If you want to see him all screwed up physically or mentally and call that karma, you are taking all of this WAY too seriously and should watch out for your own karma.

He got what he had from a combination of cheating and Bellicheck's system, and he made me and millions of other Bills fans miserable in the process. I'm no saint but I'm much better than that, so I'll risk whatever karma may come my way for hoping he gets what he deserves.

YardRat
05-17-2017, 05:24 PM
His old lady hasn't held up very well, she's looking a little bit ragged.

feldspar
05-17-2017, 05:29 PM
He got what he had from a combination of cheating and Bellicheck's system.

He made EIGHT Super Bowls because of that?

OpIv37
05-17-2017, 05:32 PM

Yes, plus lots of talent around him

feldspar
05-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Yes, plus lots of talent around him

:rofl:

OpIv37
05-17-2017, 07:27 PM
:rofl:
Laugh all you want. Football hasn't been enjoyable for 15 years. The biggest reason for that is the incompetence of the Bills organization. The second biggest reason is those ****ing cheaters. It isn't bad enough for us to suck. We have to watch the most deplorable team of my lifetime win to rub salt in the wound.

We know about Spygate and Deflategate. We know they steal the play scripts. There were numerous reports of them ****ing with the headsets of the other teams that the NFL somehow squashed. And that's just what we know about.

Think about it: with them in our division, nothing less than 12 wins was going to get it, and most years that wouldn't have been enough. If they hadn't cheated, they wouldn't have been as good. Maybe, if they weren't cheating, we beat them once or twice and an 8 or 9 win season becomes a 10 or 11 win season and we get a wild card. Or maybe they have an off-year and 9-7 is good enough to win the division- it seems to happen in at least one ****ty division every year. But their cheating eliminated that possibility for us for a decade and a half.

So, **** the Patriots and **** Tom Brady. I never thought I could have so much disdain for someone I've never met until Tom Brady came along. The only other person on the planet I despise that much is Donald Trump.

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
He got what he had from a combination of cheating and Bellicheck's system, and he made me and millions of other Bills fans miserable in the process. I'm no saint but I'm much better than that, so I'll risk whatever karma may come my way for hoping he gets what he deserves.
I hate Tom Brady. I wish the worst things in life for him. I hope someone hits him so hard he literally drops dead on the field on national TV.

I'm not sorry that I feel this way. I hate him this much. So Op, you're not the only one going to hell. I'll see you there.

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2017, 08:25 PM
And before some of you Brady lovers come running out to defend him, I'm not jealous of his success. Lots of other players have success and I don't hate them. In fact I even like Rapistberger a little bit. Brees is a class act. So is Manning. I hate Brady because of his arrogance and douchiness. He and that big ass douchebag supreme Edleman. I hate them because they're ****ing *******s.

OpIv37
05-17-2017, 08:25 PM
I hate Tom Brady. I wish the worst things in life for him. I hope someone hits him so hard he literally drops dead on the field on national TV.

I'm not sorry that I feel this way. I hate him this much. So Op, you're not the only one going to hell. I'll see you there.

It'll be worth it if they let us help torture Brady during the breaks from our own torture sessions.

MattyNH
05-18-2017, 06:18 AM

7 but who's counting

Joe Fo Sho
05-18-2017, 07:17 AM
These new allegations taint what I thought was going to be their 1st legitimate Superbowl victory. I guess we're all still waiting for that.

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-18-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm no brady lover but I feel this is an overblown non story.

Skooby
05-18-2017, 08:19 AM
When Brady didn't play, even the Bills could beat them in a shutout on their home field (16-0) during their championship last season. Tell me exactly how them not reporting serious head injuries like concussions (which I personally was scolded for questioning as a serious injury in the Sabres zone) not cheating the league or giving them an huge advantage ??

Imagine if we had a player with a serious injury, hid all material facts about it and simply rested him (or worse for the player and play him) instead of putting him on IR ?? It just goes to show you how low the Pats will go, winning at all costs. It's sickening.

kingJofNYC
05-18-2017, 08:23 AM
OpIv is just a miserable ****.

psubills62
05-18-2017, 08:39 AM
This feels like lukewarm water at best.

feldspar
05-18-2017, 08:41 AM
7 but who's counting

Lol, you're right.

Hard to keep track.

Ingtar33
05-18-2017, 09:39 AM
As much as I want to jump on this to insult the pats, I can't.

I suffered probably 4 or 8 concussions in high school alone playing a variety of sports (never in college, but then in college I played a quarter of football in a game that counted in 5 years); never missed a play/down/shift. Of course it was a different time in the 80s. No one cared about "getting your bell rung". Brady's only a few years younger than me. He probably grew up in the same environment. I'm sure he's aware of the "dangers" of concussions, but he probably has always played through them, never cared about getting one, and only really *****ed about the "headache" hours after the game.

Concussions can be hard to spot. There are "levels" of concussion, only the most serious have symptoms which are easy to notice (if you're looking for them). Half the NFL's concussion protocol in the NFL is based on how hard a hit looks and the other half is if the player seems dazed after it. Basically meaning the concussion protocol is mostly based on guesses made by the ref. If the player doesn't self report a minor concussion no one would know better unless the player was clearly knocked out or became "punch drunk" on the field.

Before blaming the Pats for covering it up, I suspect his wife probably should be asking her husband why he didn't report them. Without the self reporting aspect only the most severe concussions would be found by the current NFL protocol.

Skooby
05-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Trying to justify the Pats circumventing the rules is about as stupid as it gets, are most of you going to lay down and continue to get porked ?? It sure seems that way.

streetkings01
05-18-2017, 03:27 PM
She's the bread winner.........she can say what she wants.

OpIv37
05-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Btw nothing will come of this. At worst, the NFL will give Brady and the Pats a lecture about the concussion protocol behind closed doors. The only reason the league even cares is because they are trying to downplay the concussion issue and this bimbo blew it back in their faces accidentally.

Night Train
05-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Russ Brandon

He needs to be in every thread and accept some sort of blame.

HHURRICANE
05-19-2017, 02:56 AM
The Pats are winners. Period.

YardRat
05-19-2017, 05:58 AM

You guys realize that hell is going to resemble the last 17 years, magnified by infinity, right? You two are going to have to watch, and re-live, every Brady vs Buffalo blowout...all NE wins, regular playoff and Super Bowl...every Brady post-game comment...etc, etc, etc...every day, all day, for eternity. Over and over. You'll probably be employed by Brady and BB as their personal Hades *****es to boot.

It'll be worth it if they let us help torture Brady during the breaks from our own torture sessions.

OpIv37
05-19-2017, 10:33 AM
You guys realize that hell is going to resemble the last 17 years, magnified by infinity, right? You two are going to have to watch, and re-live, every Brady vs Buffalo blowout...all NE wins, regular playoff and Super Bowl...every Brady post-game comment...etc, etc, etc...every day, all day, for eternity. Over and over. You'll probably be employed by Brady and BB as their personal Hades *****es to boot.
Meh. We've already lived through that.

Wait, maybe we're all dead and this actually is hell already!!!

No, wait, hell doesn't have smartphones.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-19-2017, 10:59 AM
His big mouth wife basically admitted that he's had several concussions that they "don't talk about".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/tom-brady-suffer-concussion-last-year-gisele-says-132941059.html

You know, that is going to be sad for him and Giselle in coming years. He will probably and up a talking vegetable like Terry Bradshaw. When he does step away from the game he will be a broken hulk of a man.

kishoph
05-20-2017, 04:18 AM
Meh. We've already lived through that.

Wait, maybe we're all dead and this actually is hell already!!!

No, wait, hell doesn't have smartphones.

Smartphones are an invention from hell.

BertSquirtgum
05-21-2017, 08:46 PM
This will be forgotten about in two weeks and nothing will come of it. Mark it down.

OpIv37
05-21-2017, 09:18 PM
This will be forgotten about in two weeks and nothing will come of it. Mark it down.

Of course. First, the Pats have gotten away with so much **** in the past- if Spygate and Deflategate and stealing the scripted first 20 plays and ****ing with opponents' headsets didn't bring them down, this certainly won't.

Second, the NFL doesn't want any negative news regarding concussions. They want this to go away as quickly as possible. Brady and Bellicheck will get a lecture behind closed doors on the concussion protocol, then an "off the record" talking to about how this is bad for publicity. That's it.

PrimeTime
05-22-2017, 04:09 AM
Btw nothing will come of this. At worst, the NFL will give Brady and the Pats a lecture about the concussion protocol behind closed doors. The only reason the league even cares is because they are trying to downplay the concussion issue and this bimbo blew it back in their faces accidentally.
they wont be penalized for it but the doctors upstairs sure will be watching him closer..

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 07:42 AM

The Patriots cheating isn't news anymore.

feldspar
05-22-2017, 08:14 AM
Of course. First, the Pats have gotten away with so much **** in the past- if Spygate and Deflategate and stealing the scripted first 20 plays and ****ing with opponents' headsets didn't bring them down, this certainly won't.

Second, the NFL doesn't want any negative news regarding concussions. They want this to go away as quickly as possible. Brady and Bellicheck will get a lecture behind closed doors on the concussion protocol, then an "off the record" talking to about how this is bad for publicity. That's it.

Gisele doesn't seem qualified to diagnose a concussion, ask me.

You?

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 08:30 AM
Gisele doesn't seem qualified to diagnose a concussion, ask me.

You?

She diagnosed the concussions, too?

feldspar
05-22-2017, 08:38 AM
She diagnosed the concussions, too?

This is all about something Brady's wife said.

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 08:48 AM
This is all about something Brady's wife said.

I think everybody knows that.

feldspar
05-22-2017, 09:00 AM
I think everybody knows that.

Is Gisele a doctor now?

Or did she make a fortune posing in panties?

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Is Gisele a doctor now?

Or did she make a fortune posing in panties?

When Tom Brady tore his ACL, did she talk about that? Did she diagnose that herself, too?

feldspar
05-22-2017, 10:15 AM
When Tom Brady tore his ACL, did she talk about that? Did she diagnose that herself, too?

No, I think Russ Brandon did that...

What's your point?

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 10:41 AM
No, I think Russ Brandon did that...

What's your point?

My point is that she doesn't have to diagnose his concussion to know that he had one, which seems to be what you're arguing.

feldspar
05-22-2017, 10:49 AM
My point is that she doesn't have to diagnose his concussion to know that he had one, which seems to be what you're arguing.

How did she know he had one then, and to what severity?

Some guys get on protocol by actual experts and play the next week too.

But I guess sometimes it takes a panty model...

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 11:58 AM
How did she know he had one then, and to what severity?

Who cares?

Don't pretend like Giselle doesn't make Tom tell her every single thing about every single day of his life. She is the bread winner of the family...she wears the pants, he wears the Uggs.

Some guys get on protocol by actual experts and play the next week too.

Yeah, and some guys cheat by hiding that information from the 3rd party unbiased medical professionals who are in charge of that protocol process.

chris66
05-24-2017, 09:13 AM
Laugh all you want. Football hasn't been enjoyable for 15 years. The biggest reason for that is the incompetence of the Bills organization. The second biggest reason is those ****ing cheaters. It isn't bad enough for us to suck. We have to watch the most deplorable team of my lifetime win to rub salt in the wound.

We know about Spygate and Deflategate. We know they steal the play scripts. There were numerous reports of them ****ing with the headsets of the other teams that the NFL somehow squashed. And that's just what we know about.

Think about it: with them in our division, nothing less than 12 wins was going to get it, and most years that wouldn't have been enough. If they hadn't cheated, they wouldn't have been as good. Maybe, if they weren't cheating, we beat them once or twice and an 8 or 9 win season becomes a 10 or 11 win season and we get a wild card. Or maybe they have an off-year and 9-7 is good enough to win the division- it seems to happen in at least one ****ty division every year. But their cheating eliminated that possibility for us for a decade and a half.

So, **** the Patriots and **** Tom Brady. I never thought I could have so much disdain for someone I've never met until Tom Brady came along. The only other person on the planet I despise that much is Donald Trump.
Stealing play scripts? Thats a new one. As far the headsets go the Nfl takes care of those not the team.
Deflategate was a witch hunt that backfired.
Bills ineptitude. Cant argue that one.

Arm of Harm
05-24-2017, 06:50 PM
There are two different stories here.

1) The story about concussions, and about what the NFL is doing to protect players from concussions.

2) The story of Patriots cheating.

Item 2) is not news. We already know the Patriots cheat, and are constantly searching for new ways to cheat. Item 1) is what needs more attention. The NFL has done its best to bury the concussion thing for years. "Protect the shield" and all that. They've refused to use better helmets--helmets designed to deflect lateral blows--on the theory that improving helmets now would be an admission that their old helmets weren't good.

I've read articles about former players experiencing concussion-related mental problems. So much so that some are driven to suicide. Typically, the player will shoot himself in the chest, or in some area other than the head. The player doesn't want to destroy his own brain, so that after he's dead they can examine his brain and see the extensive scarring in his brain tissue.

Brain trauma can happen to any football player, and it does happen to plenty. Making this about Brady's merits or demerits is pointless, because this is a league-wide problem, not a Brady-specific problem.