PDA

View Full Version : No matter how good our QB plays next year, grab a QB

Cali512
05-19-2017, 03:14 AM
Next years draft is to good to pass on. Allen reminds me of rivers while Darnolds fundamentals, accuracy and velocity are off the charts. Even that Washington QB looks amazing, just with his ball placement. Baker seems pretty solid as well even though he has a sanchezness about him. We have 2 firsts to work with and even if Tyrod plays great, I still think we need to take advantage of this draft even if the player we take sits 3-4 years

Topas
05-19-2017, 04:19 AM
Agree.
The only option I see that we need not do it is if Peterman starts and plays on a Pro Bowl level.
In all other scenarios I would trade up for a QB. Or if there are enough fine QBs available and we have a high enough pick, then stay and pick one.

Night Train
05-19-2017, 04:32 AM
Russ Brandon will see to it.

Cali512
05-19-2017, 04:47 AM
Agree.
The only option I see that we need not do it is if Peterman starts and plays on a Pro Bowl level.
In all other scenarios I would trade up for a QB. Or if there are enough fine QBs available and we have a high enough pick, then stay and pick one.

Even if he does, draft the QB. We will get reimbursed eventually. Think about it, say we draft a QB with a top 20 pick. We keep him on the bench for 3-4 year games, maybe has some elite preseason games. Once a bad rookie class comes in, their team will be desperate and I guarantee we can get that first back. I feel like its win win

YardRat
05-19-2017, 05:46 AM
Next year's QB class is going to look pretty different at that point, from what it looks like now.

Forward_Lateral
05-19-2017, 07:17 AM
If Peterman somehow gets in, and doesn't let go, you don't draft another QB. You keep a veteran as a backup (Yates type).

Now, this is a gigantic "If", and it's the Bills, so I doubt it will happen.

Topas
05-19-2017, 07:54 AM
Even if he does, draft the QB. We will get reimbursed eventually. Think about it, say we draft a QB with a top 20 pick. We keep him on the bench for 3-4 year games, maybe has some elite preseason games. Once a bad rookie class comes in, their team will be desperate and I guarantee we can get that first back. I feel like its win win
That does not sound great. So we are basically traing our first round pick for a first round pick 4 years later. And get a backup for the that?

Cali512
05-19-2017, 07:56 AM
That does not sound great. So we are basically traing our first round pick for a first round pick 4 years later. And get a backup for the that?

It's an insurance policy. It allows us to have our QB prove for 2-3 years he is the answer, if he is then we get reimbursed

Cali512
05-19-2017, 07:58 AM
Next year's QB class is going to look pretty different at that point, from what it looks like now.

The difference this year is these QB play in pro style offenses and make multiple reads

sukie
05-19-2017, 09:17 AM
Pick a QB every year... Doesn't matter the round until we have our guy. Silly to hold onto "upside" while missing playoffs year in year out.

So let's say the end of the year, garbage time since I see the Bills being out of the playoffs in August... Peterman plays okay and shows a potential "something"... It's still "potential".

Draft a kid, even a highish pick (round 2 or 3 even). What is the harm in that?

cookie G
05-19-2017, 09:29 AM
I wanted to take Mahomes..but that's just me.

We'll see how he works out.

Cali512
05-19-2017, 11:55 AM
I wanted to take Mahomes..but that's just me.

We'll see how he works out.

To be honest there is very little signs that he will be a great QB. His only good trait is how he plays the game and an above average arm. He has horrible fundamentals, makes very bad decisions, most of his good plays are to wide open WRs, he throws across the field into coverage a lot. There is a lot that reminds me of manziel in how he plays

Skooby
05-19-2017, 01:46 PM
Mr. Peterman is taking care of business.

Cali512
05-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Mr. Peterman is taking care of business.

I wouldn't hold my breathe on him being dak. Most people talk about his Clemson game but it wasn't far of from when Colt Mccoy beat the pats. He really didn't do a lot. Most of his tds were thanks to his WRs. Tyrod still I by far our best QB

cookie G
05-19-2017, 06:23 PM
To be honest there is very little signs that he will be a great QB. His only good trait is how he plays the game and an above average arm. He has horrible fundamentals, makes very bad decisions, most of his good plays are to wide open WRs, he throws across the field into coverage a lot. There is a lot that reminds me of manziel in how he plays

He very well may bust..but I'll say this.

Andy Reid, who was there with Brett Favre and helped draft Donovan Mcnabb and John Dorsey, who helped draft Aaron Rodgers, thought enough of him to give up next year's no. 1.

They moved up high enough to jump in front of NO, where future HOF'er Drew Brees made Sean Payton's career. NO wanted him as Brees' successor;
The Giants supposedly wanted him as Eli Manning's successor.
The Texans supposedly wanted him.

The common demoninator (except for the Texans)...the people running the teams that wanted him have acquired, drafted, worked with some pretty good QB's.

SB winners
HOF'ers
future HOF'ers
Fringe HOF'ers.

Of the teams passing him over..

Cleveland..who hasn't had a franchise QB since they came into existence in 1999;
SF- outside of a year or 2 of Kap...no QB since Steve Young;
Jets - haven't drafted a franchise QB since..Namath;
Buffalo- hasn't had a franchise QB since Kelly..and we drafted a ...cornerback...again.

the front office people of some teams are a little better at recognising QB talent than others.

We're not one of those teams.

So tbh, I'll put a little more stock into the opinion of a John Dorsey than someone from Buffalo.

But then, this is a team that passed over Drew Brees for Nate Clements (who went 10 spots after). In a do-over...most Bills fans would STILL take Clements, I think.

endzone
05-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Totally agree! Get a guy in Round 1 or 2 and let him learn the NFL game. Yates is a journeyman and it doesn't appear the staff has much interest in Jones.

YardRat
05-19-2017, 07:36 PM
If Mahomes does turn out to be 'the man' for Kansas City he will be the first 'franchise' QB drafted by the Chiefs...ever.

swiper
05-20-2017, 04:35 AM
If Mahomes does turn out to be 'the man' for Kansas City he will be the first 'franchise' QB drafted by the Chiefs...ever.

You made me look up who drafted Len Dawson.

Wally The Barber
05-20-2017, 05:19 AM
Trade the picks a get a quarterback NOW.

WTF

swiper
05-20-2017, 05:24 AM
Trade the picks a get a quarterback NOW.

WTF

What team would trade you a QB for those picks right now? Silly old man.

Maybe Chicago would give you Mark Sanchez for two firsts. They do have Glennon & Trubisky.

Maybe the Bucs would trade you Ryan Fitzpatrick.

LOL.

PrimeTime
05-22-2017, 04:06 AM
hes not old.. its the game he plays.. its stupid..

What team would trade you a QB for those picks right now? Silly old man. Maybe Chicago would give you Mark Sanchez for two firsts. They do have Glennon & Trubisky.
Maybe the Bucs would trade you Ryan Fitzpatrick.

LOL.

mightysimi
05-22-2017, 04:49 AM
How many QB's do we get to keep on the roster? I am all for value but picking one every year just means you are discarding one from the year or two before without seeing them play. You can't stash them on the practice squad or they will get poached.

sukie
05-22-2017, 08:16 AM
How many QB's do we get to keep on the roster? I am all for value but picking one every year just means you are discarding one from the year or two before without seeing them play. You can't stash them on the practice squad or they will get poached.
Well it could in fact mean the 3rd stringer gets bounced every year... So what?

sukie
05-22-2017, 08:18 AM

Meh, so what?