PDA

View Full Version : Overall -- Where Are You At? Is This A Play-off Team?

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 04:33 AM
New Coach -- check

New GM -- check

New Assistant GM and/or Personnel Director -- check

New Scouts -- check

New ___________

------------------------------------------------------------

So after the Draft, Free Agency and the other changes where are you at?

Is this a play-off team?

swiper
05-21-2017, 05:30 AM
Don't think any of those are a gimme for play-offs yet. It's May. I'll sit back, be patient, and try to keep an open mind. Let me answer you at the end of September after four games or so are in the books.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Don't think any of those are a gimme for play-offs yet. It's May. I'll sit back, be patient, and try to keep an open mind. Let me answer you at the end of September after four games or so are in the books.

Of course.

However, I am trying to gauge the pulse of the fanbase here now.

I think these are all good changes but the new decision-makers need more time to turn these loser of an organization around.

I don't see the play-offs in 2017 despite an outstanding effort by the new crew.

swiper
05-21-2017, 06:11 AM
All seem to be positive changes. I'm not a Tyrod Taylor fan and think they aren't either. Hopefully they will draft one of these good young QBs in the next draft. This team could certainly look good in 2020.

Novacane
05-21-2017, 06:20 AM
Still missing the most important piece.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Still missing the most important piece.

So is Kim but Doug had to go.

sudzy
05-21-2017, 06:33 AM
No. This is another top ten draft pick team. Maybe, the new front office can get them to the playoffs in a year or two. But, next year this is a 5-7 win team.

swiper
05-21-2017, 06:37 AM
New Coach -- check (http://bngalleries.s3.amazonaws.com/gallery-images/2017/05/18/big_thumbnail/JPM25906.JPG)

YardRat
05-21-2017, 06:43 AM
I'd love to say yes because I really like what's been done over the past six months, but the Realist in me is beating down the Homer so I have to say no for this season. Having said that, I wouldn't be too stunned if we were the surprise wild card team that nobody saw coming.

sudzy
05-21-2017, 06:47 AM
So is Kim but Doug had to go.

Shouldn't this be, Terry was missing the most important piece, so Kim felt like she needed Doug and Russ, but, one of them need to go?

feldspar
05-21-2017, 06:48 AM
Of course.

However, I am trying to gauge the pulse of the fanbase here now.

Shoulda made a poll then.

My answer is maybe, if we're lucky.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Shoulda made a poll then.

My answer is maybe, if we're lucky.

If I created a poll, then your vote would be as valuable as anyone else's.

I don't see it that way.

feldspar
05-21-2017, 07:11 AM
If I created a poll, then your vote would be as valuable as anyone else's.

I don't see it that way.

I don't think my vote is valuable, either.

swiper
05-21-2017, 07:25 AM
So after the Draft, Free Agency and the other changes where are you at?

Main & Bailey waiting for the Metro Bus.

jamze132
05-21-2017, 07:47 AM
This is not a playoff team. The offense is good enough to do their part but the defense is a mess and will be for a season or two until they get more fits for the system. And has anyone seen our schedule?

Forward_Lateral
05-21-2017, 08:09 AM
No.

Luisito23
05-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Not even close, and with the schedule...even farther.

Night Train
05-21-2017, 09:08 AM
New everything usually means a step back to take 2 steps forward long term.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 09:20 AM
I don't think my vote is valuable, either.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Historian
05-21-2017, 09:24 AM
No.

Maybe in two seasons, assuming these youngsters don't fall on their faces

bleve
05-21-2017, 09:36 AM
I believe our offense last year was - not great - but probably good enough to be a playoff team if not for Barnum and Bailey clowns running (ruining) the defense.

So it's conceivable that the defense improve - addition by subtraction. However, id do think the schedule is tougher.

Another 7-8 win team. Imagine that.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Que the Jim Mora "Playoffs?" Clip

justasportsfan
05-21-2017, 09:46 AM
1-16 if Rex was the HC. With a hc that actually cares, 6-8 wins

Albany,n.y.
05-21-2017, 09:47 AM
I hate to say it, but the best thing for this team's long range future is for Tyrod to have a season ending injury before the season starts. That would mean having either a lousy QB in Yates, or a sink or swim situation with Peterman or Jones. Either the team gets a top 5 pick or Jones or Peterman emerges. Playing the season with Tyrod, winning 6-8 games & then not being able to replace him with a better QB doesn't do any good. Remember. they don't "play to win the game", they play to win championships. Getting an opportunity to draft a franchise QB is more important than a few extra victories with Tyrod Taylor in 2017.

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 09:58 AM
1-16 if Rex was the HC. With a hc that actually cares, 6-8 wins

Who's feet and toes did Rex have to lick and suck to get an extra/17th regular season game?

justasportsfan
05-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Who's feet and toes did Rex have to lick and suck to get an extra/17th regular season game?
He would have lost the off-season too

feldspar
05-21-2017, 10:48 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Hey, if I say "maybe," then I'm always right...

cookie G
05-21-2017, 10:49 AM
There's enough talent on the team to reach the playoffs, just like there has been the past 2 years.

I have the feeling the ever-ominous "new scheme" crapola holds it back. In aprticular, I can see the offense regressing from last year. But we'll see.

Albany,n.y.
05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
There's enough talent on the team to reach the playoffs, just like there has been the past 2 years.

I have the feeling the ever-ominous "new scheme" crapola holds it back. In aprticular, I can see the offense regressing from last year. But we'll see.

Reaching the playoffs and getting smoked in the 1st game is meaningless to me. Build a championship contender, not a wild card team.

swiper
05-21-2017, 11:11 AM

Did you mean omnipresent?

cookie G
05-21-2017, 11:45 AM
Reaching the playoffs and getting smoked in the 1st game is meaningless to me. Build a championship contender, not a wild card team.

Ah...so that's what we've been doing all these years!!

cookie G
05-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Did you mean omnipresent?

Ever-ognorant?
Omnisucky?
Repeatedly insane?

It really doesn't matter much anymore.

TigerJ
05-21-2017, 12:28 PM
I think this year it's possible for the Bills to be a better team than a year ago, yet not win quite as many games. It's a pretty tough schedule.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2017, 01:49 PM
The Bills were a good defense and a lack of injury bug luck away from making the playoffs for the past 2 seasons.

If McDermott can fix the Bills defense, I think they make the wild card at 9-7 or 10-6 on New Year's Eve against the fish.

That would be a very fitting way to end the drought!

I forgot which team it was, maybe the Texans with Wade Phillips? but a few years ago their defense was terrible and they turned it around in 1 year to become one of the best in the NFL.

According to recent reports, the Bills defensive players love McDermott's system because it's easy to understand, not complex and allows the players to play football instead of thinking too much on the field.

Marcell Dareus is in his prime and should be super fresh and healthy in 2017 after missing half of last year. He's always played better in a 4-3.

Dareus hated Rex Ryan's defense and wasn't shy about it. Personally, I think that is a big reason why Dareus missed so much time last year, he didn't want to play for Rex.

Same with Jerry Hughes. I think both players are going to flourish in McDermott's defense.

Back to the 4-3, back to what worked under Jim Schwartz but with a better secondary.

Rex liked to run man coverage, McDermott likes to run zone coverage.

The Bills have a young and talented secondary with Darby, Hyde, White, Poyer, and Seymour.

Linebackers are Alexander, Brown, and Reggie Ragland.

If Ragland can come back from his injury, the 6'2 252 lb linebacker is going to make a major difference against the run.

I think McDermott will do an excellent job of using the talent he has to work with on defense.

December 31, 2017 - Bills vs. Dolphins in Miami.

"Where would you rather be than right here and right now?"

SpikedLemonade
05-21-2017, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

BillsImpossible
05-21-2017, 02:01 PM
I love you too, Spikey :-)

swiper
05-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Keys to a better season:

1) Frazier has to turn around last years defensive Ryan-led nightmare. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Even if Frazier gives Mace his Tampa 2.

2) Taylor has to just be his average self and stay healthy.

3) McCoy has to be himself for 16 games.

4) special teams/kicking & punting needs to turn it around.

Skooby
05-21-2017, 03:30 PM
If Tyrod starts, 4-12. Peterman, 8-8.

swiper
05-21-2017, 03:33 PM
If Tyrod starts, 4-12. Peterman, 8-8.

I continually flip-flop as to whether you or BI is the stupider of the two. With this post you take the lead.

BillsImpossible
05-21-2017, 03:57 PM
I continually flip-flop as to whether you or BI is the stupider of the two. With this post you take the lead.

You are a professional insult machine at best. So easy to be a critic.

Great job. Nice contribution to life.

Is thinking positively a sin in your world?

Can't you at least try to act like you want to get along with others?

swiper
05-21-2017, 04:01 PM
You are a professional insult machine at best. So easy to be a critic.

Great job. Nice contribution to life.

Is thinking positively a sin in your world?

Can't you at least try to act like you want to get along with others?

You are a human piece of *****. Just stop posting and go away.

BillsFanCupp38
05-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Nay

SpikedLemonade
05-22-2017, 05:41 AM
I still think this is a 6-10 team.

Joe Fo Sho
05-22-2017, 07:59 AM
I still think this is a 6-10 team.

I thought we were a 6 win team last year, and I think we're a 6 win team this year because of our schedule. My expectations won't change until I see these guys play some football.

sukie
05-22-2017, 09:06 AM
First time unproven HC... Check

First time unproven GM... Check

Same blue endzones...

Playoffs. Nope 6-10

Jimkelly12203
05-22-2017, 09:07 AM
We need the #1 pick in next year's draft. Either because we are the worst team in the NFL, or because we're bad enough to have a pick worthy of packaging with KCs to get to the #1 pick.

This is not a year where we should be trying to win. The coaches should literally treat this year like one big pre-season and just experiment with their playbook and personnel.

psubills62
05-22-2017, 11:23 AM
There is talent on this team. The question as always is how it comes together. Came together very well defensively under Jim Schwartz, not so well under Rex Ryan. Don't know enough about the coaches to know how it will come together, but I'd certainly be surprised if they made the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2017, 02:37 PM
4 win teams rarely make the playoffs, so no.

Bill Cody
05-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Here's a couple fun facts: I just went over one set of point spreads for all of our games this season. We were favored in....none as of right now. You could make more money betting the Bills to win 9 games than you would NE winning 13.

But those are just some betting numbers, mean absolutely nothing:$:. I think we win 9 games but I'm counting preseason. Having said that I can like with 7-9 if it FEELS different this year. I want to see a more disciplined team (should be a given). I want to see a team that looks prepared to play each week (optimistic mostly). And I want to see at least one major upset just to keep my attention. If we do that I'll feel better. But we need the QB still.

SpikedLemonade
05-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Another similar season.....

CRAP!!!!!

NO monkey touching.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay6N33y_UG4

Oaf
05-24-2017, 01:32 AM
Here's a couple fun facts: I just went over one set of point spreads for all of our games this season. We were favored in....none as of right now. You could make more money betting the Bills to win 9 games than you would NE winning 13.

But those are just some betting numbers, mean absolutely nothing:$:. I think we win 9 games but I'm counting preseason. Having said that I can like with 7-9 if it FEELS different this year. I want to see a more disciplined team (should be a given). I want to see a team that looks prepared to play each week (optimistic mostly). And I want to see at least one major upset just to keep my attention. If we do that I'll feel better. But we need the QB still.
How exactly does a team losing 9 games feel or look different? You want them to look more organized pre-snap before being stuffed or run over like previous years?

kishoph
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Unless there's a collapse from the Pats (10 wins or less), I think the Bills would need to win at least 10 games to have a realistic shot at the postseason. With the way the schedule looks right now, I don't see 10 or more wins for the Bills.
Other than not having a "franchise QB", being in a division with such a dominant team has been a main reason the Bills have not had a post season appearance in 17 years. Move New England out of the AFC East, the Bills, Jets and Dolphins deserve a break (maybe not the Dolphins).