PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hamilton: O'Reilly is Canada's best player @ World Championships

swiper
05-22-2017, 05:05 AM
(WGR 550) - What a great championship game between Canada and Sweden at the IIHF World Championship, but unfortunately it was ruined by being decided in a shootout. Henrik Lundqvist of the Rangers stopped all four shots he faced in the shootout to give Sweden a 2-1 victory.

The Sabres' Ryan O’Reilly had Canada’s only goal and hit the post in the shootout. From start to finish, O’Reilly was Canada’s best player. He was that team’s player of the game three different times and finished the tournament with six goals and three assists for nine points in 10 games. In Sunday’s game, he played 26:24 and had five shots on goal.

So GM Tim Murray at least did that.

JATMtheJATM
05-22-2017, 09:23 AM
So GM Tim Murray at least did that.

I remember being against that trade for the simple reason that I liked the idea of all these youngsters coming into their primes at the same time. This time, I was wrong

Night Train
05-25-2017, 07:08 AM
I believe it was the Sabres beat writer for the News, Harrington..who just recently wrote it was a failed trade.

Because the Sabres failed doesn't mean EVERY move during the Murray tenure failed.