X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Jonathan Williams looking to seize backup role

With the New England Patriots stealing away Mike Gillislee in restricted free agency, Buffalo Bills running back Jonathan Williams knows there’s a significant opportunity for him to step up into the prime backup role to LeSean McCoy.
    It’s an opportunity Williams doesn’t intend on squandering.
    You know every day I just come out here and try to do my best,” Williams said, via Jay Skurski of the Buffalo News. “I’m learning from one of the best backs in the league in LeSean McCoy. This offensive scheme is a great scheme for any running back, so every day I’m just taking it one day at a time.
    “You definitely see that opening, but like I said, I’m trying to take it one day at a time and keep getting better.”
    McCoy has also missed five games due to injury over the past two seasons, which would give the occasional spot starting opportunity for Williams as well if such injuries continue.
    Even with McCoy and Gillislee on the roster last year, Williams appeared in 11 games and received 27 carries for 95 yards and a touchdown. He also lost two fumbles in that span, which is an area he’ll need to solidi

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/jonathan-williams-looking-seize-backup-054304909.html?src=rss
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 05-30-2017, 06:20 PM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jonathan Williams looking to seize backup role

I'm pulling for him, but it's a crowded field right now behind McCoy.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Cedric O'Neal
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Hoping somebody steps up...one (or more) of them likely will.

On a related note, I don't think I can ever remember a time when a back-up running back switching teams in free agency created so much buzz. Everybody is so gushing all over the Cheatriots for signing Gillie and hammering the Bills for letting him get out of their grasp. Ridiculous.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I'm hoping that UB guy can come through as well.

Comment

Working...
          X