PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Bills receiving trade offers for Sammy Watkins

Wally The Barber
05-30-2017, 06:48 PM
The Bill would want minimum a 2nd-rounder potential a late 1st-round pick for Watkins, since the Franchise traded away two first round picks and a fourth round pick back in the 2014 NFL Draft, selecting Watkins with the 4th pick overall.

https://sportstalk360.com/2017/05/26/buffalo-bills-receiving-sammy-watkins-trade-offers/ (https://sportstalk360.com/2017/05/26/buffalo-bills-receiving-sammy-watkins-trade-offers/)

kgun12
05-30-2017, 07:02 PM
For a bag of footballs, to hell with potential and production when healthy, he doesn't stay healthy. If we get a 2nd or third, in a heartbeat!

Wally The Barber
05-30-2017, 07:06 PM
I want a player,not a draft pick

Mace
05-30-2017, 07:09 PM
I want a player,not a draft pick

Not too sure who you think you'll get for Watkins besides someone elses problems (which McDermott evidently doesn't want in his approach), until Watkins has a dazzling healthy season, which will probably mean he'll be available in FA anyway.

Night Train
05-30-2017, 07:24 PM
That is an Australian rules football site.

:rofl:

BillsImpossible
05-30-2017, 07:36 PM
It is understood that new Bills coach Sean McDermott and New General Manager Brandon Beane are not completely sold on Sammy Watkins and are listening to all trade offers that have been made to them since declining their his fifth year contact....

It is reported that the Buffalo Bills have received official trade request for Watkins and are believed to be entertaining the offers seriously as the 2017 season edges closer.

BillsImpossible
05-30-2017, 07:39 PM

https://sportstalk360.com/category/nfl/

Interesting.

OpIv37
05-30-2017, 07:40 PM
Why does no one seem to realize or care that we need WR'S THIS season?

I don't think we are going to do well but trading Watkins is throwing in the towel.

TigerJ
05-30-2017, 07:44 PM
I want a player,not a draft pickYeah! Right now Tyrod is on prove it deal. You trade Watkins for a pick and you're creating a situation where if Tyrod fails nobody will really be sure whether it's because he can't play well enough or he wasn't given enough weapons to succeed.

Scumbag College
05-30-2017, 08:05 PM
I dunno...Granty1983 is the author of that article. Not sure if he (or she?) is a credible source.

bleve
05-30-2017, 08:11 PM

Sports Talk 360 is a privately run website run by a couple of lads who love their Rugby League, Australian Rules Football and NFL. The Sports Talk 360 team are a dedicated couple of lads who seek to bring you all the News and Rumours in the world of Rugby League.

Sounds like they really know their ***!

Night Train
05-30-2017, 08:12 PM
I dunno...Granty1983 is the author of that article. Not sure if he (or she?) is a credible source.

He's also posting reports of the Aussie Footballs Collingswood Magpies.
https://sportstalk360.com/2017/05/30/magpie-to-take-break-from-football/

Conclusion - he lives a bit outside Orchard Park. :up:

Scumbag College
05-30-2017, 08:19 PM
He's also posting reports of the Aussie Footballs Collingswood Magpies.
https://sportstalk360.com/2017/05/30/magpie-to-take-break-from-football/

Conclusion - he lives a bit outside Orchard Park. :up:

The Collingswood Magpies are bloody bollocks wankers.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-30-2017, 08:35 PM
Go get a James Lofton.

Frenchman
05-30-2017, 08:46 PM
Yeah someone and somewhere to James Lofton. Good one!

BillsImpossible
05-30-2017, 09:00 PM
A late 1st rounder or a 2nd round pick for Sammy Watkins?

SOLD

Sammy never got off on the right foot in Buffalo. (That was an intentionally really bad pun....)

A change of scenery would do Watkins good.

Best of luck, mate.

I think trading Watkins would be the best thing for him, his foot, and the Bills.

The shoe in Buffalo never fit Watkins....okay, that was just horrible.

Trade him to the Cowboys for their number 2 and 4 next year.

Best deal wins.

Arm of Harm
05-30-2017, 09:44 PM

I don't think we are going to do well but trading Watkins is throwing in the towel.

Tank the season, get a top 10 draft pick, draft a QB. Use the KC pick to trade up if necessary.

Mr. Miyagi
05-30-2017, 09:50 PM

It doesn't get much more credible than that LOL

kingJofNYC
05-30-2017, 10:06 PM

You answered your own question. Trading Watkins means they don't really care about the season. Tank city.

Not much of a rumor, plenty of fire at this point, they'll ship him at soon as they can.

Turf
05-30-2017, 10:10 PM
You'd have to be ****ing ******ed to trade Sammy for a draft pick. Christ, go load up some software and play draft my team over and over. You people, endless dweebs.

kingJofNYC
05-30-2017, 10:49 PM
You'd have to be ****ing ******ed to trade Sammy for a draft pick. Christ, go load up some software and play draft my team over and over. You people, endless dweebs.

For the record, I want to keep him around. I'm tired of trying to fill holes, most of us are to be honest, but the FO seems to think he's expendable or that his injury history makes him too big of risk to keep long term.

Skooby
05-30-2017, 11:46 PM
Trade him immediately for a first rounder next draft, we are nearly assured top 7 draft & quite possibly top 3. This will get us a devent shot at a franchise QB on a trade up package. Right now, Sammy can't stay healthy and he's walking after next year so it's time for a remaining value grab.

Arm of Harm
05-31-2017, 12:01 AM

I'll grant that Sammy is very good when healthy. Moreover, much of what's gone wrong has not been his fault. It's not his fault his quarterback doesn't see open receivers. It's not his fault that Rex Ryan rushed him back from his injury, before that injury had fully healed. (Thus making the injury more severe.) Watkins should be an important part of some team's long-term plans.

That said, it's telling that the Bills didn't pick up his option. (As you'd expect them to do, if they were certain they wanted to keep him.) If he's not part of their long-term plans, they'd be much better off trading him away, then they would be letting him walk in free agency.

Skooby
05-31-2017, 12:16 AM
I'll grant that Sammy is very good when healthy. Moreover, much of what's gone wrong has not been his fault. It's not his fault his quarterback doesn't see open receivers. It's not his fault that Rex Ryan rushed him back from his injury, before that injury had fully healed. (Thus making the injury more severe.) Watkins should be an important part of some team's long-term plans.

That said, it's telling that the Bills didn't pick up his option. (As you'd expect them to do, if they were certain they wanted to keep him.) If he's not part of their long-term plans, they'd be much better off trading him away, then they would be letting him walk in free agency.
They didn't pick-up his option because it's guaranteed him $13 Million more for next season and right now he's not worth half that. No team is going to bet more into a loss (2 first round picks) that wants to stay viable down the line, Sammy will end up disappearing within ~3 years anyways after bouncing around a bit on name alone. Hopefully we can get some value from a desperate to win now team willing to take a risk, we're just a desperate team.

jamze132
05-31-2017, 12:40 AM

We can win 4-6 games with or without Sammy. Might as well take what we can get for him to help build towards the future.

Skooby
05-31-2017, 12:53 AM
We can win 4-6 games with or without Sammy. Might as well take what we can get for him to help build towards the future.

Top 7 pick right there.

SpikedLemonade
05-31-2017, 05:55 AM
Trade away!

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2017, 08:22 AM
Get him gone now. Before the team is just making strides and he gets hurt and can't play again. He is made of china.

THATHURMANATOR
05-31-2017, 09:16 AM
Wow that is all we would get for him huh?

They we have to watch him get like 1500 yards and 12 Tds with whatever team gets him.......Sad

Seems to me like they should just keep him and resign him next year.

Why are they so gung ho to trade him?

Bill Cody
05-31-2017, 10:00 AM
I seriously doubt anyone is offering a late 1st or early 2nd for Sammy. But if they are I am in.

Pinkerton Security
05-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Im glad we're all overreacting about a rumor that "a couple of lads" started who are about 10,000 miles from One Bills Drive.
How the heck did anyone even find this article???

Bill Cody
05-31-2017, 10:19 AM

They we have to watch him get like 1500 yards and 12 Tds with whatever team gets him.......Sad

1) He's made of glass
2) The second his contract is up next year he has a Corvette idling to drive him the hell out of here
3) We have a QB that can't get 1500 yds and 12 TD's with him. Not this year. Not next year. Not ever.

If an offer like that is out there we have to be realistic and know it's in the long term best interests of the team to take it

k-oneputt
05-31-2017, 11:01 AM
Yep lets trade him.
He's still young and we can watch him get healthy and tear it up like Marshawn did for the prime of his career for another team.
No trade.

Bill Cody
05-31-2017, 11:12 AM
Yep lets trade him.
He's still young and we can watch him get healthy and tear it up like Marshawn did for the prime of his career for another team.
No trade.

You can't force people to stay. Marshawn was a dick when he was here and he acted up until we had to get rid of him. Think of like this: 1 year we have Sammy and then he walks for free or we don't have him but get a nice pick. It's nice to live in fantasy land but eventually you have to wake up.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
05-31-2017, 11:15 AM

Arm of Harm
05-31-2017, 11:17 AM

The underlying mistake was going all-in on a WR when we didn't have a QB. Doug Whaley thought he had a quarterback in the form of E.J. Manuel. That's the sort of mistake which gets a GM fired.

We are now in the process of paying for that mistake. The Bills don't have their QB of the future on the roster this year. Even assuming they're able to draft him next year, he'll be a rookie. Normally you don't expect a QB to hit his stride until his second year, with his third year being better than his second. By the time this quarterback is going into his second year, Watkins will be going into his sixth. Sure, that gives you a few years of this QB of the future throwing to Watkins, while Watkins is still in his prime. You normally expect a very good WR to be useful until his 9th - 12th year. So you're looking at about 4 - 7 years of a non-rookie version of this new QB throwing to Watkins, with the lower number being the more likely.

Of course, those 4 - 7 years imply Watkins would agree to a contract extension at a reasonable rate. I'm not sure why he'd agree to do that. If you're Sammy Watkins, and if you had to choose between playing for the Bills and catching passes from Tyrod Taylor, or playing for a team like the Las Vegas Raiders and catching passes from a QB such as Derek Carr, which would you pick? Odds are a team like the Raiders would provide more money, much better quarterbacking, and a better short-to-intermediate chance of winning the Super Bowl. Even if by this point we've replaced Tyrod with a rookie, we'd still be in a position of trying to sell a WR on wanting to catch passes from an unproven rookie QB. That's typically not an easy sales pitch.

GreedoII
05-31-2017, 11:35 AM
Trade him ASAP. This new regime has no ties to him. Get what you can and move on.

cookie G
05-31-2017, 04:12 PM
Trade him ASAP. This new regime has no ties to him. Get what you can and move on.

Its pretty pathetic to judge a player's worth based on his ties to a current regime.

Especially when the regime changes every 2 years.

SpikedLemonade
05-31-2017, 04:43 PM
If we trade Sammy for merely a pooper scooper, can we at least get one with a wooden handle?

ParanoidAndroid
05-31-2017, 05:02 PM
Sammy has top 5 potential. You don't trade that away if all you're going to get is a 2nd rounder at best. No way will anyone give up any more than that. The Bills played it smart to see if he can stay healthy this year and reach his potential. If he does, there will be an offer. I think the Bills will compete to keep him. That is, unless Zay Jones looks like the next Beckham without the lame attitude.

Bill Cody
06-01-2017, 09:44 AM
If we trade Sammy for merely a pooper scooper, can we at least get one with a wooden handle?

Wood is ok if you keep it indoors all the time but personally I prefer plastic

Pinkerton Security
06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Sammy has top 5 potential. You don't trade that away if all you're going to get is a 2nd rounder at best. No way will anyone give up any more than that. The Bills played it smart to see if he can stay healthy this year and reach his potential. If he does, there will be an offer. I think the Bills will compete to keep him. That is, unless Zay Jones looks like the next Beckham without the lame attitude.

I agree he has the potential but hes not gonna be on our team next year anyways in my opinion, why not try to get something out of him while he is?

Jaybird
06-01-2017, 10:21 AM
If we can get a first I would move him. Having three #1. Picks in a potential big QB draft is great leverage

Mahdi
06-01-2017, 10:31 AM
All I see is a group think mentality here.

One or two guys pushing for Sammy to be traded and 10 more jump on.

Sammy is a top 10 maybe top 5 receiver when healthy. He was rushed back last year out of desperation and it cost him.

One of the best WRs in the league at tracking and getting under a deep ball and is a killer running routes. Not to mention he has amazing hands.

You don't trade a talent like that until he's had a chance to reach full potential injury free.

Jaybird
06-01-2017, 11:21 AM
Doesn't matter how talented a player is. If they aren't available on game day, then you can't rely on them.

Pinkerton Security
06-01-2017, 01:03 PM

Sammy is a top 10 maybe top 5 receiver when healthy. He was rushed back last year out of desperation and it cost him.

One of the best WRs in the league at tracking and getting under a deep ball and is a killer running routes. Not to mention he has amazing hands.

You don't trade a talent like that until he's had a chance to reach full potential injury free.

group think? You do realize he is more than likely gone in the offseason right? Letting him walk after the season gets us what?

Im not saying we trade him for a bag of peanuts, but trading him for a 2nd or 1st rounder is the type of move the Pats make often, and many on this board cream their pants talking about the savvy of their FO.

Joe Fo Sho
06-01-2017, 01:04 PM

That doesn't mean they're wrong.

This is hilarious.

Yes, you do. If these report is right, he should already be gone.