• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

CBS Sports - Maclin Being Recruited By McCoy, Taylor

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Night Train
    • Jul 2005

Re: CBS Sports - Maclin Being Recruited By McCoy, Taylor

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

What does this say about Sammy Watkins?

Two of his teammates, QB Tyrod Taylor and RB Shady McCoy are trying to recruit a wide receiver to play in Buffalo.

If the Bills sign Maclin, I think the future of Sammy Watkins' days in Buffalo are in doubt.

Watkins cap hit in 2017 is $6.34 million. If the Bills cut Watkins, the dead cap hit is $6.34 million.

If the Bills trade Watkins, dead cap hit is $3.2 million.

Bottom line is, which receiver do you think will be more productive in 2017 and 2018?

Maclin or Watkins?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

I would trade Watkins for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd+5th, sign maclin on a one yr deal then start over next yr with Jones and whoever steps up this yr at WR
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          I would trade Watkins for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd+5th, sign maclin on a one yr deal then start over next yr with Jones and whoever steps up this yr at WR
          Who in your fantasy league would make that trade ?

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Who in your fantasy league would make that trade ?

The report was the bills are shopping Watkins for a possible 1st or second, so you could of saved that sarcastic post to ***** out professionals. Secondly, a 3rd and 5th is very reasonable, so if you want to pat yourself on the back for your post go ahead, but the bills are more than likely looking for this in the market
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

The report was the bills are shopping Watkins for a possible 1st or second, so you could of saved that sarcastic post to ***** out professionals. Secondly, a 3rd and 5th is very reasonable, so if you want to pat yourself on the back for your post go ahead, but the bills are more than likely looking for this in the market
              No. You and BI are just stupid. So what that the QB and McCoy are courting Maclin? So what? Watkins cannot play the X, the Y and the Z receiver. Talk about them being down on Watkins because they are talking to Maclin is just stupid.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

I think it means they want to win and would love having the two receivers.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Maclin would make a great decoy to draw defenders away from Tyrod's scrambles.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Zero chance we get a first for Sammy, late second at best for him. Sorry to say but it is was it is.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                      Zero chance we get a first for Sammy, late second at best for him. Sorry to say but it is was it is.
                      That's right.

Sammy will be a free agent soon.

He comes with great risk.

Comment

• Cali512
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        No. You and BI are just stupid. So what that the QB and McCoy are courting Maclin? So what? Watkins cannot play the X, the Y and the Z receiver. Talk about them being down on Watkins because they are talking to Maclin is just stupid.

Your putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying if we are trading Watkins, itd be smart to get the most out of him, start high but don't accept less than a 3rd+5th (which I was saying to Mitch who was to stupid to catch on), than sign Maclin for a year, clear cap room next year and use our picks for a QB and WR.

It's not that hard to comprehend

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                          • Mar 2013

Maclin or Watkins?

Who would you rather have for $6 million a year?

I have to go with Maclin because he has demonstrated over a longer period of time that he can be a more productive wide receiver.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Your putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying if we are trading Watkins, itd be smart to get the most out of him, start high but don't accept less than a 3rd+5th (which I was saying to Mitch who was to stupid to catch on), than sign Maclin for a year, clear cap room next year and use our picks for a QB and WR.

It's not that hard to comprehend
                            Be happy it is only words in your mouth rather than his arm up your _____.

Swiper has his own parking spot for a reason....

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

So would the rest of us. To bad no NFL GM would!

Comment

Working...
                              X