PDA

View Full Version : Bills hire female intern

psubills62
06-07-2017, 12:48 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/buffalo-bills-female-woman-coach-intern-phoebe-schecter-position/1kuc2u44gmfy1r97fkoapirvb?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

One year after hiring the NFL's first full-time female coach, the Buffalo Bills are adding another woman to their staff. Sporting News has learned that Phoebe Schecter will be working as a training camp intern focused on defense.
The Bills later Wednesday announced the addition of Schecter as part of the Bill Walsh Coaching Fellowship, a program designed to expose talented minority college coaches to the methods and philosophies of summer NFL training camps. Buffalo's participants also include Kade Rannings, Lonnie Teasley and Byron Thomas.

feldspar
06-07-2017, 04:28 PM
I like women.

Klaista2k
06-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Why is this news?

OpIv37
06-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Why is this news?

Because after reading about the Jills' lawsuit, it's a miracle any females want to work for this organization.

WagonCircler
06-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Because after reading about the Jills' lawsuit, it's a miracle any females want to work for this organization.

Technically, and really not so technically, it's a different organization. New ownership.

Now, if the Jills' mistreatment could be used to fire Russ Brandon, I'm all for it.

HHURRICANE
06-07-2017, 11:29 PM

I have no empathy for the Jill's lawsuit. NY state is making it a mission to collect taxes on people who hire independent contractors and the Jills are exploiting it. The whole thing is a giant waste of taxpayer money.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 05:47 AM
Do they need a tennis coach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOjCrLbbJA

YardRat
06-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Technically, and really not so technically, it's a different organization. New ownership.

Now, if the Jills' mistreatment could be used to fire Russ Brandon, I'm all for it.

Not to mention, unless I misinterpreted the result, the finding was the cheerleaders were employees, but of the sponsor not the team.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 06:35 AM
Not to mention, unless I misinterpreted the result, the finding was the cheerleaders were employees, but of the sponsor not the team.
I believe that was the end of the court decision but it is wrong -- the team itself clearly was the employer and controlled all relevant aspects of the job.

Arm of Harm
06-09-2017, 07:57 PM
I have no empathy for the Jill's lawsuit. NY state is making it a mission to collect taxes on people who hire independent contractors and the Jills are exploiting it. The whole thing is a giant waste of taxpayer money.

The fact that New York State is attempting to collect taxes on those who hire independent contractors sounds a lot like government narcissism and predation. But I don't see the Jills' lawsuit as a subset of that. The Jills should have been paid minimum wage, but they weren't. Clear violations of minimum wage laws are especially inexcusable when the employer is the recipient of hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars, and when that employer generates a very large and substantial profit. The treatment of the Jills is exactly the type of stuff NFL teams should not be allowed to get away with.

On the other hand, if Company X contracts Company Y to perform a service, it's not necessarily clear that Company X should be liable for Company Y's violations of minimum wage law. The argument of the defense probably hinges on that concept. If the Bills knew that the Jills were in many cases receiving less than the legal minimum level of compensation, and if knowing this the Bills did nothing, then it seems to me (as a non-lawyer) that at that point the Bills should be held liable for the minimum wage violations, and should be forced to pay the Jills for back pay. Plus a penalty, both to punish the bad behavior, and to compensate the Jills for having had to wait years before being fairly compensated.

SpikedLemonade
06-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Do they need a tennis coach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOjCrLbbJA

So NOT a tennis player?

psubills62
06-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Why is this news?
Because it's the offseason.

endzone
06-12-2017, 09:25 PM
who the hell cares! Just win games!!!!!!!!

CommissarSpartacus
06-13-2017, 05:19 AM
I just want to know one thing.

Is she hot?

SpikedLemonade
06-13-2017, 06:19 AM
I just want to know one thing.

Is she hot?

AND does she play tennis?

Wally The Barber
06-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Women are only good for one thing.....

cooking & washing my socks

NYCBillsFan
06-19-2017, 03:30 PM

Why do you like your socks cooked?

SpikedLemonade
06-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Why do you like your socks cooked?

Makes great soup.

casdhf
06-20-2017, 06:36 AM

That's two things.

coastal
06-20-2017, 07:12 AM
Shaved or bush?

SpikedLemonade
06-20-2017, 07:38 AM
Shaved or bush?
Crazy Bush?

coastal
06-20-2017, 07:40 AM
Crazy shaved

JoeMama
06-20-2017, 10:24 PM

If Terry Pegula promised me he'd fire Russ Brandon if I slept with Rosie O'Donnell, I'd take one for the team.

You're all welcome.

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2017, 04:40 AM
If Terry Pegula promised me he'd fire Russ Brandon if I slept with Rosie O'Donnell, I'd take one for the team.

You're all welcome.

You are such a giver Joe.

feldspar
06-25-2017, 08:31 PM
You are such a giver Joe.

I think that any guy that slept with Rosie O'Donnell would be the taker, not the giver.