PDA

View Full Version : Former Bills WR James Hardy found dead in Indiana

Dr. Lecter
06-08-2017, 01:19 PM
The body of former Buffalo Bills wide receiver James Hardy was found in an Indiana river.

According to police in Fort Wayne, Ind., officers responded to Hosey Dam upon a report of a body observed in the Maumee River. "Once on scene officers observed a body floating on the north side of the dam entangled in a log jam," according to a death investigation released Wednesday by the Fort Wayne PD. "The Fort Wayne Fire Department’s Water Rescue Team was summoned to the scene and with their resources the body was removed from the river and then taken to the Northeast Indiana Forensic Center where an autopsy will be performed to determine an identification, cause and manner of death."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/08/former-bills-wr-james-hardy-found-dead-indiana/

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 01:24 PM
They need to drain that river to remove any debris left there by this POS.

Thurmal
06-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Very sad. I had high hopes for the guy, though you could see that he had some trouble brewing in his life when he reportedly pull a gun on his own estranged father shortly after we drafted him. I remember when he made a great game-winning catch on a jump ball in Jacksonville in '08 maybe? Thought we'd run that play with him for years, given that he was 6'6". Of course, knowing the Bills, the play worked like a charm, so they never ran it ever again.

Bill Cody
06-08-2017, 01:39 PM
They need to drain that river to remove any debris left there by this POS.

that's a little harsh, no? He was a bust and mentally unstable but POS may not be fair. Anyway dead at 31 is always sad so I guess I would prefer not to cast stones right now. I suppose if you're found in the river you can rule out natural causes. Maybe he owed the wrong folks $

Pinkerton Security
06-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Terribly sad, no matter your thoughts on the dude's time with the Bills.

Skooby
06-08-2017, 01:47 PM
I met him in Miami before a game there because of my friendships (including OC Steve). James was very nice and classy, he wasn't going to win any spelling bees but he was a nice guy. No one deserves this and I think any negative talk about this guy is just wrong, he wasn't our guy but he did try.

WagonCircler
06-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Very sad. Awful news.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 02:12 PM
that's a little harsh, no? He was a bust and mentally unstable but POS may not be fair. Anyway dead at 31 is always sad so I guess I would prefer not to cast stones right now. I suppose if you're found in the river you can rule out natural causes. Maybe he owed the wrong folks $
It was his domestic assault that provoked my reaction.

Not his brief time here in Buffalo.

Nonetheless, I agree that it is sad when a 31 year old dies.

He was not a good human being.

feldspar
06-08-2017, 02:17 PM

Are you?

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Are you?
Yes sir!

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 02:33 PM
"Hardy played two seasons for the Bills after the team drafted him in the second round in 2008. He finished his NFL career with 10 receptions for 96 yards and two touchdowns."

http://www.tsn.ca/former-bills-wr-hardy-dead-at-31-1.773863

W-O-W!!!!!

cookie G
06-08-2017, 02:36 PM
It was his domestic assault that provoked my reaction.

Not his brief time here in Buffalo.

Nonetheless, I agree that it is sad when a 31 year old dies.

He was arrested a few years ago for trying to take on 3 police officers. The court found him incompetent to stand trial and he was committed to a psychiatric hospital. That was in December '14.

I don't about the not a nice human being statement, but he had his issues.

swiper
06-08-2017, 03:15 PM
"Hardy played two seasons for the Bills after the team drafted him in the second round in 2008. He finished his NFL career with 10 receptions for 96 yards and two touchdowns."

http://www.tsn.ca/former-bills-wr-hardy-dead-at-31-1.773863

W-O-W!!!!!

He, too, had no QB to get him the ball. He was drafted to be the tall set of hands in the end zone and suffered from the perennial Buffalo Bills malady - no decent QB.

Cali512
06-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Spikey. I literally just lost every ounce of respect I had for you. Which wasn't much, but damn I'm half tempted to hope your dead body is found next. That's just a horrible horrible ****ed up thing to say. I really really hope you have a very very bad life.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Spikey. I literally just lost every ounce of respect I had for you. Which wasn't much, but damn I'm half tempted to hope your dead body is found next. That's just a horrible horrible ****ed up thing to say. I really really hope you have a very very bad life.

Hey any 31 year old dying is sad but this was one bad dude.

Skooby
06-08-2017, 06:23 PM
He was arrested a few years ago for trying to take on 3 police officers. The court found him incompetent to stand trial and he was committed to a psychiatric hospital. That was in December '14.

I don't about the not a nice human being statement, but he had his issues.
The spelling bee crack I made wasn't nice as well, I'm sorry I did that but it was a way of saying Hardy has some learning developmental issues. I'm ashamed and should be a better person.

Night Train
06-08-2017, 07:19 PM
RIP - 31 is way too young to die.

feldspar
06-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Hey any 31 year old dying is sad but this was one bad dude.

You just don't know when to shut up, do you?

swiper
06-09-2017, 04:48 AM
Geez I can't believe it. Nine years ago he was drafted. I remember that like it was yesterday. And yet the Bills have been through what? Like 4 incantations of crap since hardy was drafted?

Bills 2008 draft:

Round Pick Overall Pos. Player College
1 -- 11 -- 11-- CB Leodis McKelvin Troy
2 -- 10 -- 41 -- WR James Hardy Indiana
3-- 9 -- 72 -- DE Chris Ellis Virginia Tech
4 -- 15 -- 114 -- CB Reggie Corner Akron
4 -- 33*-- 132- - TE Derek Fine Kansas
5 - 12 -- 147 -- OLB Alvin Bowen Iowa St.
6 -- 13 -- 179 -- RB Xavier Omon Northwest Missouri State
7 -- 12 -- 219 -- OT Demetrius Bell Northwestern State
7 -- 17**-- 224-- WR Steve Johnson Kentucky
7 -- 44* -- 251-- CB Kennard Cox Pittsburgh

DraftBoy
06-09-2017, 06:37 AM
Very sad.

Historian
06-09-2017, 06:45 AM
RIP - 31 is way too young to die.

Indeed.

The guy should still be playing.

Bill Cody
06-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Dude what you just posted is no better, maybe worse since Hardy is already dead.:horsecrap

Generalissimus Gibby
06-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Sad

Jaydog57
06-09-2017, 11:49 AM
To die at 31, I'd say he's paid whatever he owed to whoever he wronged in his short life. All the things we've done past the age of 31, he'll never get to do. I say let the dead rest in peace.

SpikedLemonade
06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Dude what you just posted is no better, maybe worse since Hardy is already dead.:horsecrap

Leave the new buttholes with young children alone.

He is probably sleep deprived from waking up and feeding and changing diapers.

You just know this guy is being pussy whipped right now.