PDA

View Full Version : NFL suspends Buffalo Bills WR Walt Powell for four games

Wally The Barber
06-08-2017, 03:54 PM
(WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills don't have a lot of depth at wide receiver as it is, which is why Thursday's news certainly won't help things for the team.
The NFL announced Thursday afternoon that Bills wide receiver Walt Powell has been suspended by the NFL for four games for violating the league's policy on using performance enhancing substances. Powell's suspension will be taking place for the first four weeks of the 2017 regular season, and he'll be eligible to return to the team's active roster on Monday, October 2.
In the meantime, Powell is allowed to participate in all remaining offseason practices, training camp practices, and preseason games before his suspension takes hold.
Powell, 25, issued a statement through the team:
“I was disappointed to recently find out that I had mistakenly used a product that caused a positive result during testing. Although I'm frustrated with the result, I've accepted the league's discipline of a four game suspension. I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the entire Bills organization and the Bills fans for my mistake. I will continue to give the Bills my best effort every day, and help contribute to a successful 2017 season.”
The wide receiver has been with the Bills since the 2015 regular season and caught 14 passes last season for the Bills.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 04:01 PM
It's definitely news however his absence won't be noticed.

Skooby
06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Who ??

kishoph
06-08-2017, 04:19 PM
In his defense Powell should of told the league to look at his stats. It's pretty obvious his performance wasn't enhanced.

JoeMama
06-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Bye bye roster spot. Bye bye!

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 06:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXzAAXOBsY

OpIv37
06-08-2017, 06:25 PM

Also Maclin's price tag just went up $500k

TigerJ
06-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Although the Bills are thin at the top of their WR depth chart, Walt Powell's absence from the roster doesn't affect it at all. He won't count against the roster at the start of the year. They'll stick him of the Reserve Suspended list, or whatever it is called, and he can serve as an emergency callup after four games if need be. Really, this doesn't hurt the Bills at all. Just cross your fingers in hopes that Marcel Dareus has been keeping his nose clean.

SpikedLemonade
06-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Although the Bills are thin at the top of their WR depth chart, Walt Powell's absence from the roster doesn't affect it at all. He won't count against the roster at the start of the year. They'll stick him of the Reserve Suspended list, or whatever it is called, and he can serve as an emergency callup after four games if need be. Really, this doesn't hurt the Bills at all. Just cross your fingers in hopes that Marcel Dareus has been keeping his nose clean.

AND his weight down

Wally The Barber
06-08-2017, 07:29 PM
no good bastard

YardRat
06-08-2017, 07:51 PM
What 'product' did he 'mistakenly use'?

Bill Cody
06-09-2017, 09:21 AM
What 'product' did he 'mistakenly use'?

Winstrol. He thought the shot goes in your arm not the butt, he messed up