PDA

View Full Version : Report: Maclin’s decision came down to Ravens, Eagles not Bills Ravens

daryls61
06-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Interesting....

Two teams ultimately were in the running for veteran receiver Jeremy Maclin (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin). The Bills reportedly weren’t one of them.
Josina Anderson of ESPN.com reports that Maclin’s decision came down to the Ravens and the Eagles. Yes, the Eagles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/report-maclins-decision-came-down-to-ravens-eagles/

Thurmal
06-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Percy Harvin says he can come back on a one-year guaranteed deal and give us the best 2.25 games of his life.

Skooby
06-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Percy Harvin says he can come back on a one-year guaranteed deal and give us the best 2.25 games of his life.

He's on line 2, Decker is on line 1.

SpikedLemonade
06-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Are you saying that the Buffalo Bills (and for that matter the City of Buffalo) are once again irrelevant?

YardRat
06-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Oh well...

Night Train
06-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Oh well...

I'll give Holmes, Philly Brown and Zay Jones a chance. If Tyrod doesn't have a scheme that he can succeed in, then Jerry Rice in his prime wouldn't help. It's still all about the play calling, QB play and running game.

feldspar
06-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Wonder how many people were wild about Jeremy Maclin until recently...

I wanted him too, but I don't see it as making that much of a difference.

jimmifli
06-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Holmes is good. I think he's an upgrade at WR2 and I liked Woods. He may end up in the slot, but he'll be our #2.

We could use another TE though.

Frenchman
06-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Well hate that the Bills could not get him. But oh well that is the business.

swiper
06-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Interesting...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/12/report-maclins-decision-came-down-to-ravens-eagles/

That's because the Bills suck.

feldspar
06-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Holmes is good. I think he's an upgrade at WR2 and I liked Woods. He may end up in the slot, but he'll be our #2.

We could use another TE though.

Don't be surprised if you see Clay playing the slot now and again, either.

TigerJ
06-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Oh well, we shall see what we have.

Novacane
06-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Good! If he came cheap I'd of loved to have him but apparently he's getting better offers. Oh well.

The Toe Show
06-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Maclin was a very productive receiver before KC. He doesn't want to be a No. 2, especially on a non-perennial team that doesn't throw. Makes sense, I don't think we needed him anyways.

kgun12
06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
That's because the Bills suck.

This is crap, it's a business plain and simple players go where the money is, life in the NFL is short make as much as you can while you can. How many high priced free agents sign with the Steelers and for that matter New England, not many because they hardly ever over pay. As a matter of fact even when their best players ask for too much the trade or don't sign them.

Just like all the talk here about people not wanting to come here to coach, scout or whatever, there's only 32 places to work in the NFL, doesn't matter were you work as long as there is job in the NFL.

swiper
06-12-2017, 08:26 PM
This is crap, it's a business plain and simple players go where the money is, life in the NFL is short make as much as you can while you can. How many high priced free agents sign with the Steelers and for that matter New England, not many because they hardly ever over pay. As a matter of fact even when their best players ask for too much the trade or don't sign them.

Just like all the talk here about people not wanting to come here to coach, scout or whatever, there's only 32 places to work in the NFL, doesn't matter were you work as long as there is job in the NFL.

LOL. Ok. How do you know who offered what? Story in print says it had a lot to do with the fact that his new wife was from the area.

I (https://media1.fdncms.com/riverfronttimes/imager/u/blog/2642969/andrew_zimmern.jpeg?cb=1440911046)an Rapoport ✔
@RapSheet

The #Ravens have felt good about landing Jeremy Maclin since Friday. He just wanted time. His new wife being from the area helps, too.

Mace
06-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Not really too sure why anyone would think he'd realistically want to come here over other jobs where he can achieve better success over a shorter term and maximize his future earnings in a relatively short career window.

2 years of good stats with Flacco/Wentz gets him more than vet minimum over two erratic years of Taylor/whoever on a team fighting to get past 8-8 while rebuilding itself. Was kind of him to give the Bills the time.

kgun12
06-12-2017, 08:40 PM
LOL. Ok. How do you know who offered what? Story in print says it had a lot to do with the fact that his new wife was from the area.

So it wasn't about not wanting to play for the Bills as much as what his wife wants. However I stand by my post the all things being equal, most pro athletes go where the money is, not about wins or loses or as you stated the bills sucked, that's just silly!

When it's all said and done I bet it came down to money, but the numbers each team offered may never come out.

endzone
06-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Oh well...
exactly! Nobody in Buffalo cared about him at all until he became a free agent and he wasn't worth the money in a re-building mode!

Goobylal
06-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Macklin based his decision on where his wife wanted to be. She's from the Baltimore area and Philly's only 100 miles away.

Turf
06-12-2017, 10:19 PM
We got the guy from the Matrix running the team. **** Maclin.

jamze132
06-12-2017, 10:25 PM
Easy decision. Playoffs and a chance to rack up some nice stats for another payday.

stuckincincy
06-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Easy decision. Playoffs and a chance to rack up some nice stats for another payday.

Yep.

Albany,n.y.
06-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Percy Harvin says he can come back on a one-year guaranteed deal and give us the best 2.25 minutes of his life.
corrected

Skooby
06-13-2017, 10:31 AM
corrected

Haha, true.

Goobylal
06-13-2017, 07:02 PM

They're not making the playoffs. They're worse than they were last year.

jamze132
06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
They're not making the playoffs. They're worse than they were last year.

And we're also not making the playoffs so why wouldn't you, if you're a WR, want to have one of the best QBs in the NFL with a proven track record, throwing you the ball?

Goobylal
06-13-2017, 09:03 PM
And we're also not making the playoffs so why wouldn't you, if you're a WR, want to have one of the best QBs in the NFL with a proven track record, throwing you the ball?

Flacco's been pretty bad the past couple years, having almost as many TD's as turnovers. But true, he should catch more passes in Baltimore and reach incentives easier.

feldspar
06-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Flacco's been pretty bad the past couple years, having almost as many TD's as turnovers. But true, he should catch more passes in Baltimore and reach incentives easier.

Did you see the contract Robert Woods just got?

Mr. Miyagi
06-14-2017, 06:49 AM
We know that McD talked to Andy Reid about Maclin. Is it possible that Reid told him the reason that Maclin was released was based on something more than just money, causing McD to shy away from Maclin?

Goobylal
06-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Did you see the contract Robert Woods just got?

Yeah and it was stupid.

We know that McD talked to Andy Reid about Maclin. Is it possible that Reid told him the reason that Maclin was released was based on something more than just money, causing McD to shy away from Maclin?

Perhaps. It appears the Bills didn't offer him near as much money as the Ravens (and probably Eagles) did.

Turf
06-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Flacco is one of the luckiest QB's ever to play the game. His fame is LUCK.