• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Go get Barnidge

With the Maclin fiasco over with, let's get a 2 TE set going. Clay & Barnidge would be a nice combo even though they sound like a law firm.

Or would you rather have Decker?
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Go get Barnidge

Barnidge. I know what the stats say, but I don't want much to do with Decker.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Neither.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I don't see the point in another TE until Tyrod proves he's not afraid to use the middle of the field.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I doubt Decker at this point is a big upgrade over what we already have at WR.
          ( Holmes, Zay Jones, Philly Brown etc. )

Overpaid Clay has been basically ignored for long stretches the last 2 years. Getting another TE with a decent contract to be ignored makes little sense. TT can't find the middle of the field. Maybe our new OC can help but we'll see.

I just don't see any " we must have " player at this juncture. The roster will be tweaked at points due to injuries but it's a scheme watch from this point on.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Tbh, if Decker is cut, as expected, I would think he's well worth a look.

He's a good sized guy who knows how to use that size, and his production has been consistent when healthy.

He's also got a lot more experience than anyone else we have on the roster, at WR, and it's something that isn't to be sneezed at.

He's also not going to be inordinately expensive necessarily, either.

I'd say he would be a sizeable upgrade, over what we currently have, as what we currently have, is largely in the realms of 'potential', as opposed to 'proven'. (Watkins excepted, assuming he gets and stays healthy).

Decker has also proven himself with different teams, QBs and systems.

For sure, he isn't a 'must have' type, but I do think he could make the team better, and by enough to make a 4-5 million investment in, worthwhile.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
              Tbh, if Decker is cut, as expected, I would think he's well worth a look.

He's a good sized guy who knows how to use that size, and his production has been consistent when healthy.

He's also got a lot more experience than anyone else we have on the roster, at WR, and it's something that isn't to be sneezed at.

He's also not going to be inordinately expensive necessarily, either.

I'd say he would be a sizeable upgrade, over what we currently have, as what we currently have, is largely in the realms of 'potential', as opposed to 'proven'. (Watkins excepted, assuming he gets and stays healthy).

Decker has also proven himself with different teams, QBs and systems.

For sure, he isn't a 'must have' type, but I do think he could make the team better, and by enough to make a 4-5 million investment in, worthwhile.
              You can't figure we're gearing up to make a charge this year though, or have a passer to justify the expense, over rolling the money over toward when we can. Decker at this point is a vet situational piece for a contender imho, not a bandaid for a team a couple years away if it works right.

Comment

• JoeMama
                Emotion Sickness
                • Oct 2002

Man I don't like this quitter attitude bull**** that just because TT sucks, we shouldn't try to improve our roster.

TT ain't gonna be the starter forever. Maybe our next QB can use the weapons TT can't.
                Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Nathan will pass to him, bring him in.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Nathan will pass to him, bring him in.
                    Is this the drum you're going to be beating all year? Because it's already getting tiresome.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      Is this the drum you're going to be beating all year? Because it's already getting tiresome.
                      We are humdrum with Tyrod starting so it's time to move on, here's a list of all QB's total passing yards:
                      Check out the 2016 NFL Passing Stats and more on Pro-football-reference.com

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Overpaid Clay has been basically ignored for long stretches the last 2 years. Getting another TE with a decent contract to be ignored makes little sense. TT can't find the middle of the field. Maybe our new OC can help but we'll see.

I just don't see any " we must have " player at this juncture. The roster will be tweaked at points due to injuries but it's a scheme watch from this point on.
                        We have cap room and we are weak at WR...not sure how this isn't an upgrade?

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

**** that. Clay is a talented TE. When TT actually throws to him, he's a monster.

Just because our QB sucks isn't a good reason to stop acquiring talent at WR/TE.

If anything, it you acquire more talent there, so the next guy who steps in when TT is inevitably benched can take advantage of the weapons TT habitually ignores.

Some part of you must know that the best way to make a bad team good again, is NOT to quit trying to improve the roster, right???

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            **** that. Clay is a talented TE. When TT actually throws to him, he's a monster.

Just because our QB sucks isn't a good reason to stop acquiring talent at WR/TE.

If anything, it you acquire more talent there, so the next guy who steps in when TT is inevitably benched can take advantage of the weapons TT habitually ignores.

Some part of you must know that the best way to make a bad team good again, is NOT to quit trying to improve the roster, right???

It should be interesting to see if TT can improve under a different OC and HC. Rex's stupidity has given TT the benefit of the doubt that coaching set him up to fail.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                              It should be interesting to see if TT can improve under a different OC and HC. Rex's stupidity has given TT the benefit of the doubt that coaching set him up to fail.
                              I'm willing to leave the door cracked for that possibility.

The odds don't favor it but hey, weirder things have happened.

And If/when TT sucks, we can cut him loose and use our 2 first round draft picks next year to secure our QB of the future. 2018 will be a good year for it.

Which is why I say stockpile talent at WR/TE now so he steps into a good situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X