PDA

View Full Version : Gadsen and Chambers injuries

Morgoth
07-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Good news from Dolphins camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinschambersleav&prov=fanball&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-dolphinsgadsdenbadly&prov=fanball&type=lgns

WG
07-31-2003, 09:19 AM
That's a shame!

Ebenezer
07-31-2003, 09:23 AM
somebody want to tell me how many people at Finheaven have jumped out their window.

WG
07-31-2003, 09:25 AM
LMAO

Where's echo_bravo...?

Probably leading the charge...

BillsNick
07-31-2003, 09:28 AM
Miami had recievers?!? wow, I was not informed of this.

WG
07-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Not anymore...

WG
07-31-2003, 09:30 AM
Such unfortunate news could be our ticket to a walkover in the AFCE!!

lordofgun
07-31-2003, 09:46 AM
They both sucked anyway. I'm sure they'll have no problems plugging a couple more scrubs in.

Bulldog
07-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Very good news indeed!

Bulldog
07-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Since they signed Seau, maybe they want to give Duper and Clayton another shot. Just a thought.

BillsNick
07-31-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Since they signed Seau, maybe they want to give Duper and Clayton another shot. Just a thought.

Nice, maight not hurt them to try!:rocket: :squish:

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
More excuses that finfans were waiting for.

Thailog80
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Gadsden is as good as done. Brilliant strategy by him and his agent. Hey Oronde better practice this line...."Would you like to supersize that for .50 cents more?"

TypicalBill
07-31-2003, 10:25 AM
"his ankle swelled to 1.5 times its normal size in a matter of minutes." :eek:

Morgoth
07-31-2003, 10:39 AM
What's the probability that Ricky will be temporarily paralyzed from the waist down for the season to cap off the good news?

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 10:40 AM
OG was a ligament injury

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/thursday/sports_f382f91e43050179009b.html

"his ankle swelled to 1.5 times its normal size in a matter of minutes."

I had the same injury...mine swelled(swole?) up to the size of a tennis ball in 3 seconds. Guess I'm not as fast. But I was clocked a 4.5 in the 40. :rolleyes:

TypicalBill
07-31-2003, 10:57 AM
its not just those two...

Receiver Oronde Gadsden injured his ankle in the morning and did not return. Defensive ends Jason Taylor (sick) David Bowens (knee, active nonfootball injury list) and Lamanzer Williams (shoulder, NFL Europe's injured list); linebacker Tommy Hendricks (knee/lower leg contusion); cornerback Patrick Surtain (knee); guard Nails (shoulder); and receiver James McKnight (stinger) did not practice. Defensive tackle Tim Bowens (knee) only practiced in the afternoon. Fullbacks Deon Dyer (groin) and Marco Battaglia (personal reasons) missed the afternoon practice. Receiver Chris Chambers (hamstring), linebacker Morlon Greenwood (hamstring) and cornerback Jamar Fletcher (groin) left practice early in the afternoon.

link (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6424097.htm)

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 12:12 PM
You guys are a classy bunch, wishing bad on a person, truth is Chambers is OKay, slight stain of goin, OG, while most of you known isn't my fav WR, but it's too bad, but we do have depth this year for a change, how be it, young. But I'm looking forward to seeing Baker, Simmons, Jackson, and Newson get some time. Tolver our draftee, was going to make it anyway, this kid is good, Baker and Newson led NFLE as WR as the 1st and 2nd Best WR in receptions this year, and both are looking good in camp..Simmons whom your guys don't know because he was hurt much of last year is actually outshining the 2 in camp..CC and Derrius Thompson are our starters anyway with Mcknight being our 3rd, then there Tolver and the Last spot will go to Baker\Newson, Simmons, or Chris Jackson who led the Arena league with over 1700 yards and 147 catches. While I didn't want OG to be cut this way, I can't say I'm sad to see him go, if indeed he doesn't recover, but he was behind most of these other players on the depth chart..If he was our starter, I would be concerned, but the depth this year and add playmakers of the young guys has me excited, I hope their TC performances carry over to the games..

Ebenezer
07-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
You guys are a classy bunch, wishing bad on a person,

we have never once wished bad on any player...fins fans are another matter.

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

we have never once wished bad on any player...fins fans are another matter.

Okay you're celebrating his misfortune, you can wish all you want on a fin fan, we don't play the game, we just make it what it is, the best sports game in America..Period.

:jump:

TypicalBill
07-31-2003, 12:25 PM
This Fish fan is kinda cool ... he's ok in my book

Ebenezer
07-31-2003, 12:26 PM
Okay you're celebrating his misfortune, you can wish all you want on a fin fan, we don't play the game, we just make it what it is, the best sports game in America..Period.

:jump:

true...you don't really want to see players injured but if Drew and Eric went down for the season you'd celebrate, no?

JefftheBillsfan
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Ideally, I would like to see nobody get hurt. I like seeing all teams at full strength.

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

true...you don't really want to see players injured but if Drew and Eric went down for the season you'd celebrate, no?

No I wouldn't, I wouldn't enjoy beating you if your best wasn't in the game, I want to beat you at your best..any thing less is pissant to me. Then I can come on here and really celebrate..:freako:

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
This Fish fan is kinda cool ... he's ok in my book

Clump trained him well before bringing him over. Try holding a fish up, you'll see he can do a few tricks. He'll even roll over and play dead like his team does around December.

TypicalBill
07-31-2003, 01:23 PM
:rofl:

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Clump trained him well before bringing him over. Try holding a fish up, you'll see he can do a few tricks. He'll even roll over and play dead like his team does around December.

:priest:

I missed this one, Clump doesn't have what it takes to train me, but I have made him better in presenting his arguments, he had to be sound to discuss anything with me, now if I could just get as much mileage out of you, this board would be really rockin. :biggrin:

bernielivsey_1
07-31-2003, 01:39 PM
YOU CANT BEAT US WITH OUR BEST DOPY. SO YOU BETTER PRAY FOR INJURIES. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. THE FINS STINK (BOY I WISH WE HAD FIEDLER AND WANNDSTADT ON OUT TEAM............THERE KOOL).

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
YOU CANT BEAT US WITH OUR BEST DOPY. SO YOU BETTER PRAY FOR INJURIES. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. THE FINS STINK (BOY I WISH WE HAD FIEDLER AND WANNDSTADT ON OUT TEAM............THERE KOOL).

:lol:

Get a life, you couldn't begin to explain why you will beat us this year homer.

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 01:53 PM

:priest:

I missed this one, Clump doesn't have what it takes to train me, but I have made him better in presenting his arguments, he had to be sound to discuss anything with me, now if I could just get as much mileage out of you, this board would be really rockin. :biggrin:

Did I say clump? My bad...I did :D

Here Flipper...... Now jump on the bed specially made to keep you warm, no it's not a hot grill . No , this isn't marinade, it's dolphin sunblock.

bernielivsey_1
07-31-2003, 02:01 PM
I' LL TRY. ADAMS, SPIKES, POSEY, FLETCHER, NATE, WINFIELD, WILLIAMS, M. JONES. AND BLEDSOE, HENRY, MOULDS, REED, GASH (I LOVE THAT NAME), LINDELL, JETT, SHAW. WORKS FOR ME. ALSO, YOUR COMING HERE IN DEC. BRRRRRRRRRR ITS COLD. AND WE BEAT YOU LAST YR IN THE SWELTERING HEAT AT PRO ROBBIE WITH OUR LOWLY 8 & 8 TEAM.

BY THE WAY, PLEASE RESIGN LUCAS I LIKE HIM.

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 02:10 PM

Did I say clump? My bad...I did :D

Here Flipper...... Now jump on the bed specially made to keep you warm, no it's not a hot grill . No , this isn't marinade, it's dolphin sunblock.

http://graceumcftwash.org/teepost.jpg

:redgun:

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
I' LL TRY. ADAMS, SPIKES, POSEY, FLETCHER, NATE, WINFIELD, WILLIAMS, M. JONES. AND BLEDSOE, HENRY, MOULDS, REED, GASH (I LOVE THAT NAME), LINDELL, JETT, SHAW. WORKS FOR ME. ALSO, YOUR COMING HERE IN DEC. BRRRRRRRRRR ITS COLD. AND WE BEAT YOU LAST YR IN THE SWELTERING HEAT AT PRO ROBBIE WITH OUR LOWLY 8 & 8 TEAM.

BY THE WAY, PLEASE RESIGN LUCAS I LIKE HIM.

We've beat Adams before, and that D was better than yours right now.

Spikes: Only stood out because their was no one else on that D. Played soft teams, all of the AFCE beat them.

Posey::he he

Flecther: Good LB.
The rest are supporting cast, that won't make a difference to us, as I've stated before, your D isn't as good as Denver's was, or the Pats, or last year's Balt. Ravens, or last year's Charger's D, and none of them stopped our O, this is the first year for Spikes, Posey and Adams in your D, they've got to jell, Our players on O has play against each addition on your D, and have had success, so their names along is not a measure of an automatic victory. Try finding out how well they play as a unit first, remember a lot of teams have put together allstar rosters, only to come up empty. Your prediction right now means nothing, it's on the field that will tell the story, but I can't blame you as a fan for being excited for your teams chances, just don't point that keyboard towards me..:dink:

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 02:33 PM

We've beat Adams before, and that D was better than yours right now.

Spikes: Only stood out because their was no one else on that D. Played soft teams, all of the AFCE beat them.

Based on you logic, does this mean Seau sucks? we beat the hell out of the chargers last year. :confused2

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 02:39 PM

Based on you logic, does this mean Seau sucks? we beat the hell out of the chargers last year. :confused2

It means it's one player that you know that you can have success on..Seau, can't stop you by himself, you guys need to stop focusing on him. He's only a part of the overall story this year, it's our depth on D that has me excited..The starters are the starters, but we can actually rest some of the starters in games this year is what have me excited. Those little things like that gives a team an edge...will it work week in and week out, remains to be seen. But I'm, like you guys, hoping.

ryven
07-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Does this mean we can beat your whole D since we spanked them twice last year I mean this is going by your logic.

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 02:57 PM

It means it's one player that you know that you can have success on..Seau, can't stop you by himself, you guys need to stop focusing on him. He's only a part of the overall story this year, it's our depth on D that has me excited..The starters are the starters, but we can actually rest some of the starters in games this year is what have me excited. Those little things like that gives a team an edge...will it work week in and week out, remains to be seen. But I'm, like you guys, hoping.

So what's your beef ( how Ironic ) w/ Adams then. I was particularly pointing out that Line "we beat Adams....."

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 03:11 PM

So what's your beef ( how Ironic ) w/ Adams then. I was particularly pointing out that Line "we beat Adams....."

I had to throw that in, because so many Bills fans use him as to why they will stop us..BTW, I read on the Phins Board, that you went to the phins TC and Bills TC this year...you stated that both teams were equally strong, Were there no areas you didn't feel that one team was better than the other in?

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 03:19 PM

I had to throw that in, because so many Bills fans use him as to why they will stop us..BTW, I read on the Phins Board, that you went to the phins TC and Bills TC this year...you stated that both teams were equally strong, Were there no areas you didn't feel that one team was better than the other in?

Not enough to put a wise bet on one beating the other easily. It's so close IMO that I would only pick the bills only because of our advantage at qb and added w/ bias.

No one is saying that Adams will singlehandedly beat the fins. It's the combination of Adams, Pat, Spike, Fletch and Posey.

I would rather we try and stop RW and let Fiedlers arm try and beat us in the air.

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 03:25 PM

Not enough to put a wise bet on one beating the other easily. It's so close IMO that I would only pick the bills only because of our advantage at qb and added w/ bias.

No one is saying that Adams will singlehandedly beat the fins. It's the combination of Adams, Pat, Spike, Fletch and Posey.

I would rather we try and stop RW and let Fiedlers arm try and beat us in the air.

So with the way Jay is throwing in TC, you weren't impressed..Fro the highlights I've seen and reading all the reports on him, he seen better than ever in the pocket..Do you really think trying just to stop Ricky will be a smart move?

Novacane
07-31-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ryven
Does this mean we can beat your whole D since we spanked them twice last year I mean this is going by your logic.

Don't you remember Fiedler was out..........thats why their D sucked against us last year:up:

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ryven

Yes you can, you're a divisional rival and can beat any other divisional rival, no matter the records, but the same can be said this year , that Miami can sweep you. You were the only divisional rival to beat Miami twice last year, but you ended up being last in the division...I think that's enough to back up my statement.

justasportsfan
07-31-2003, 03:42 PM

So with the way Jay is throwing in TC, you weren't impressed..Fro the highlights I've seen and reading all the reports on him, he seen better than ever in the pocket..Do you really think trying just to stop Ricky will be a smart move?

He seems to have gotten better but it doesn't mean that makes him an elite passer yet. It's camp. No one is going all out to try and sack their own qb and accidentally hurt him. I'll base my opinion of him based on his past in an actual game. Based on his last performance he wasn't beating anyone with his arm.

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 03:52 PM

He seems to have gotten better but it doesn't mean that makes him an elite passer yet. It's camp. No one is going all out to try and sack their own qb and accidentally hurt him. I'll base my opinion of him based on his past in an actual game. Based on his last performance he wasn't beating anyone with his arm.

Come on Justa, you know his thumb wasn't working in that game, even through I was impress that he threw as well as he did. but there was no zip on his ball, this TC he's firing it...Jay under pressure is a natural...that has never been a problem for him. His weak arm of the past has been a problem, but not his presents in the pocket. When you look at our D, who have to show me a lot, before I jump on their bandwagon, I think you had to see the depth, more guys looking like the 1st stringers, even though they were 2nd and 3rd stringers..We've not had that in the past. Our O is a strong unit, 1st team, we defintely have more depth at WR. Robert Edwards is returning to his rookie form when he had 1300 yards with the Pats, our TE's are decent, with Mcmicheals being a stud..the only real area of concern for me is the OL depth, and a consistent D effort on the road like they do at home.

TigerJ
07-31-2003, 06:37 PM
Personally, I hope that the Dolphins are fully healthy when Buffalo plays them (and the Bills too). That's the best test of where the teams are at the moment. It also can take away at least some of the many FinFan excuses for their team's losses.

Morgoth
07-31-2003, 11:49 PM

Yes you can, you're a divisional rival and can beat any other divisional rival, no matter the records, but the same can be said this year , that Miami can sweep you. You were the only divisional rival to beat Miami twice last year, but you ended up being last in the division...I think that's enough to back up my statement.

I don't think that's enough to back up your statement. We were last in the division and one game out of first. If we were last and 4 games out then maybe that holds water. Miami won't sweep us, I just don't see it happening. Maybe you win at home, more likely you don't.

StanMarino13
08-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Well lets face it our division is the best in football and anyone can sweep anyone. Hell u guys lost that tough game in week one to the Jets due to special teams!!! Our division has the best games in football and who knows who will finish where.

JoeMama
08-01-2003, 12:28 AM
Chambers is a stud, I can't figure out why his numbers weren't better in 2002.

StanMarino13
08-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Injury to him and the great ray lucas didnt help much either. He still is unproven, he really has yet to prove hes a #1 reciever.