PDA

View Full Version : Are You Feeling Playoffs?

BillsImpossible
06-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Or are you feeling 5-11?

It's a boom or bust year for the Bills in 2017.

I'm on the boom side.

There's no in between at 8-8 this year.

The Bills are either going to be a playoff team, or they're going to suck.

If you think the Bills are going to suck, back it up without referencing the team's lack of playoff appearances since the turn of the century.

If you think the Bills are a playoff team, state your case.

I think the Bills are a playoff team in 2017.

1. Attention to details.

2. Tyrod Taylor playing in Dennison's offense with a healthy Sammy Watkins.

3. The return of the 4-3 defense.

Skooby
06-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Schedule prevents us from success, if we somehow overcome it we win it all.

Mace
06-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Bust.

1. Tough schedule, new systems going in generating ojt/weeding process under a longer term plan better suited for later success.

2. Tyrod Taylor and his lack of offensive command, hurry up efficiency, crazy legs and poor field vision = problematic passing offense which is required to compensate for a defense in development. They'll again need to abandon running game to catch up and won't be able to.

3. Lack of meaningful roster depth when injuries happen, and injuries always happen.

For once it's nothing to get overly distressed about if you see an enthusiastic team developing discipline, imho. It's ojt, weeding and tuning.

BillsFanCupp38
06-19-2017, 10:06 PM
No chance.

psubills62
06-19-2017, 10:35 PM
For which team?

OpIv37
06-19-2017, 11:01 PM
6-10 is the ceiling.

Skooby
06-20-2017, 03:47 AM
Most of us will be feeling nauseous by Halloween.

BertSquirtgum
06-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Busta bust

Wally The Barber
06-20-2017, 05:09 AM
No

YardRat
06-20-2017, 05:55 AM
SHOCK THE WORLD !!!!!!

Ginger Vitis
06-20-2017, 06:09 AM
You feel the playoffs every year and it never happens

SpikedLemonade
06-20-2017, 06:19 AM
"I am just happy there still are NFL and NHL teams in Buffalo. Pegula is a saint. All praise to Terry"

TigerJ
06-20-2017, 06:59 AM
I would be thrilled with an incremental improvement in the record this year given the schedule. Mostly, I want to see an uptick in the team's competence and consistency. I don't want to see lots of mistakes

coastal
06-20-2017, 07:17 AM

feldspar
06-20-2017, 09:27 AM
It's not "boom or bust."

Most likely, it's another middling endeavor. That could be enough to put us is the playoffs without the Patriots in our division....but they are.

justasportsfan
06-20-2017, 09:43 AM
8-8

Generalissimus Gibby
06-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Paging Jim Mora, paging Jim Mora

sukie
06-20-2017, 11:06 AM
No successful playoff run until schedule becomes a non issue other than "what teams will we be able to see lose LIVE at the Ralph.

Yes it IS "The Ralph".

Wally The Barber
06-20-2017, 11:17 AM
The Bills can make the playoffs IF the win every game in December JUST like every year

Luisito23
06-20-2017, 11:19 AM
LOL...We'll have to read this s*** until they're "mathematically" out of it...:comedy:

kishoph
06-20-2017, 11:33 AM
No successful playoff run until schedule becomes a non issue other than "what teams will we be able to see lose LIVE at the Ralph.

Yes it IS "The Ralph".

I will never call it anything but "The Ralph", I thought it was a dishonor to the man who brought and kept the NFL in Buffalo.

Arm of Harm
06-20-2017, 03:21 PM
This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8) summarizes my feelings quite well.

Night Train
06-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Is there a built girl here named playoffs ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b2/3e/65/b23e6540253a71c4733b9803bf623b21.jpg

JoeMama
06-20-2017, 05:06 PM
I could field a roster of 53 Lhasa Apsos and have a better shot at the playoffs than the Bills.

Yeah, 53 clones of my own dog > Buffalo Bills

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/JoeMama025/GinGar.jpg (http://s138.photobucket.com/user/JoeMama025/media/GinGar.jpg.html)

endzone
06-20-2017, 06:27 PM
I'm not feeling play-offs at all with our schedule and over all roster talent. I am feeling a good start for a rebuild to respectability as a franchise. I'm talking a Chuck Knox rebuild starting with tough, smart players.

jamze132
06-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Use 2017 to get the new system in place and go for it in 18'. No shot this year...best we can hope for is 6-7 wins.

JoeMama
06-20-2017, 10:16 PM
If you're a smart Bills fan, you have a built in presumption the Bills will suck until they prove you wrong. This is what recent history has taught us.

If you're a stupid Bills fan, you start threads about how the Bills are going to make the playoffs despite how ****ing ****ty they've been and continue to be.

There's no credible argument in favor of the Bills making a playoff run this year.

Arm of Harm
06-20-2017, 10:29 PM
If you're a smart Bills fan, you have a built in presumption the Bills will suck until they prove you wrong. This is what recent history has taught us.

If you're a stupid Bills fan, you start threads about how the Bills are going to make the playoffs despite how ****ing ****ty they've been and continue to be.

There's no credible argument in favor of the Bills making a playoff run this year.

Agreed.

The Bills are like a construction project gone awry. A lot of mistakes were made. McDermott is the contractor they brought in to fix the problem. He's not here to provide quick fixes, patch jobs, or blow and go. He's here to do it right, even if doing it right takes time. Which it will.

Fans who expect instant success are setting themselves up for disappointment. A 6-10 season is far more likely than a playoff season--at least for McDermott's first year. And that's fine. We've had 17 years of short-sighted GMs who fervently believed in quick fixes and Band-Aid solutions, and look where that's gotten us. It's time for McDermott's more disciplined approach--even if that approach does not result in instant gratification.

Skooby
06-21-2017, 03:31 AM
When we crush the Jets who are going 0-16 on purpose there will be an outcry of our future greatness, the season stops and ends there for our winning record.

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Is there a built girl here named playoffs ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b2/3e/65/b23e6540253a71c4733b9803bf623b21.jpg

Her nickname is "Play-offs"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOjCrLbbJA&t=23s

GOD I miss her like crazy -- Play-offs that is.

ticatfan
06-21-2017, 02:02 PM
9-7

SpikedLemonade
06-21-2017, 03:14 PM
9-7

Your capacity to be wrong in politics, sports and life in general is truly amazing.

Skooby
06-21-2017, 10:18 PM
9-7

Would you like to wager on that ??

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2017, 05:06 AM
Would you like to wager on that ??

A can of primer?

Skooby
06-22-2017, 05:09 AM
A can of primer?
Yellow primer ??

https://youtu.be/9ikW36TTwL4

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2017, 05:27 AM
Yellow primer ??

https://youtu.be/9ikW36TTwL4

He owns a whole hardware store so I am pretty sure any colour of an one gallon can would be acceptable to him.

Skooby
06-22-2017, 05:35 AM
He owns a whole hardware store so I am pretty sure any colour of an one gallon can would be acceptable to him.
So you've never seen used cars the movie eh ?

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2017, 05:47 AM
So you've never seen used cars the movie eh ?

Nope.

ticatfan
06-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Your capacity to be wrong in politics, sports and life in general is truly amazing.We will see. I see the QB having a break out year if someone can catch the ball.

SpikedLemonade
06-22-2017, 09:05 AM
We will see. I see the QB having a break out year if someone can catch the ball.

The only someones that will catch the ball from TT are our Offensive Line in the back of the helmet because he can't see over them nor throw accurately over the middle.

BillsImpossible
06-22-2017, 07:20 PM
I think the Bills defense will return to 2014 form, but with an even better secondary, a dominant pass rush, and better linebackers.

If Reggie Ragland can return to form, he's going to be super fun to watch this year. Very optimistic, kid's gotta' be hungry as hell to play real football again.

Shaq Lawson gave a great interview the other day in the Buffalo News. He was not a fan of Rex Ryan's defense, and he loves the new defense under McDermott. It reminds him of the defense he played in at Clemson. He won't be playing linebacker and covering wide receivers this year.

I'll take Shaq Lawson over Mario Williams at DE any day.

Expect to see a lot of sacks and a lot of turnovers by the Bills defense.

Rick Dennison and Tyrod Taylor hold the keys to the Bills 2017 playoff success.

I expect to see the same running game, but not as much. He's going to let Tyrod pass more.

Their offensive line is better, especially on the right side. That opens up the pass.

The Bills have the weapons to have an explosive offense - if Sammy Watkins can stay healthy.

When healthy, many teams have 2 or even 3 defensive backs with their eyeballs on Watkins.

When healthy, Watkins has proven to be a game changing dominant WR in the NFL.

Sammy played on a broken foot last year. Team doctors replaced his Firestone wheels for a new pair of Goodyear's. He looked great on video in mini-camp and is good to go according to the guys in the Bills Garage.

Tyrod Taylor played better than anyone expected in 2015 and 2016. He was not great, and he was not bad (like EJ Manuel).

Taylor was good, especially given the circumstances on offense...injuries (Percy Harvin, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin) and a lack of continuity with 2 offensive coordinators in less than 2 years.

He played in a super conservative run oriented offense that rarely let him make plays with his arm on the improvisational run...which is something he was really good at at Virginia Tech.

Tyrod Taylor played behind Michael Vick at V/T. He reminds me of Vick with his athleticism and his arm, but without the bad baggage.

The Bills have an amazing competition going on at wide receiver.

They signed about 432 wide receivers this off season, drafted Zay Jones in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft, and have a couple of undrafted rookies on the team that will make for one hell of a training camp.

GO BILLS!

10-6

Playoffs with a win in Miami in Week 17 on New Year's Eve.

Happy New Year!

BillsImpossible
06-22-2017, 07:25 PM
I am Homer.

I do not drink Bills Kool-Aid.

I funnel it.

camelcowboy
06-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Excited for "in the hunt "season

JoeMama
06-23-2017, 06:20 AM
I think the Bills defense will return to 2014 form, but with an even better secondary, a dominant pass rush, and better linebackers.

If Reggie Ragland can return to form, he's going to be super fun to watch this year. Very optimistic, kid's gotta' be hungry as hell to play real football again.

Shaq Lawson gave a great interview the other day in the Buffalo News. He was not a fan of Rex Ryan's defense, and he loves the new defense under McDermott. It reminds him of the defense he played in at Clemson. He won't be playing linebacker and covering wide receivers this year.

I expect to see the same running game, but not as much. He's going to let Tyrod pass more.

Their offensive line is better, especially on the right side. That opens up the pass.

The Bills have the weapons to have an explosive offense - if Sammy Watkins can stay healthy.

When healthy, many teams have 2 or even 3 defensive backs with their eyeballs on Watkins.

Sammy played on a broken foot last year. Team doctors replaced his Firestone wheels for a new pair of Goodyear's. He looked great on video in mini-camp and is good to go according to the guys in the Bills Garage.

Tyrod Taylor played better than anyone expected in 2015 and 2016. He was not great, and he was not bad (like EJ Manuel).

Taylor was good, especially given the circumstances on offense...injuries (Percy Harvin, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin) and a lack of continuity with 2 offensive coordinators in less than 2 years.

He played in a super conservative run oriented offense that rarely let him make plays with his arm on the improvisational run...which is something he was really good at at Virginia Tech.

Tyrod Taylor played behind Michael Vick at V/T. He reminds me of Vick with his athleticism and his arm, but without the bad baggage.

They signed about 432 wide receivers this off season, drafted Zay Jones in the 2nd round of the NFL Draft, and have a couple of undrafted rookies on the team that will make for one hell of a training camp.

GO BILLS!

10-6

Happy New Year!

Instead of writing 5,000 disjointed sentences, would it kill you to use paragraphs?

SpikedLemonade
06-23-2017, 08:38 AM
I am Homer.

I do not drink Bills Kool-Aid.

I funnel it.

No doubt into your ass.

jamze132
06-25-2017, 10:33 PM

What form are you referring to for Ragland? He's never taken a snap in an NFL game.

What has Shaq Lawson showed us so far?

I think you're over-confident in our defense.

stuckincincy
06-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Instead of writing 5,000 disjointed sentences, would it kill you to use paragraphs?

I *****ed at him a year ago about it, JM, to no avail. There is no hope.

Skooby
06-26-2017, 06:09 AM

Bullet points of madness!!

Figster
06-26-2017, 05:40 PM

GO BILLS!

10-6

Happy New Year!
I like the way you think:urock:

10 - 6 / wildcard

BillsImpossible
06-26-2017, 06:48 PM
What form are you referring to for Ragland? He's never taken a snap in an NFL game.

What has Shaq Lawson showed us so far?

I think you're over-confident in our defense.

Ragland is an excellent linebacker who I think is going to have a very long and very successful career in the NFL.

Shaq Lawson's first career sack in the NFL came against Tom Brady last year.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2016/10/30/bills-rookie-olb-shaq-lawson-gets-first-sack-of-career/

I am over confident in the Bills defense because they have to be better by default without Rex, and with McDermott's 4-3.

The Bills main anchor on defense, Marcell Dareus plays best in a 4-3. He was not shy about how much he hated Rex's exotic hang by your teeth over Niagara Falls while learning Rexanese defense.

You think Ajayi or any other RB is going to tear it up for over 200 yards on the Bills this year?

Gilmore is gone to the Pats, thank goodness. I don't think anyone on this board ever liked him.

Tre'Davious White looks ready to step in and make plays Week 1.

Jerry Hughes is back on the edge where he belongs.

Seymour's got the coaches attention in a good way.

How can anyone think the Bills 2017 defense is going to be worse than what we've seen over the past two years?

BillsImpossible
06-26-2017, 06:55 PM
I *****ed at him a year ago about it, JM, to no avail. There is no hope.

There is hope...

You do it too! So do a lot of other Zoner's.

Post #28 in the thread below.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/238180-Debunking-Russia-gate/page2

Hey now!

It's all good, I forgive you.

BillsImpossible
06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
No doubt into your ass.

Not into enemas, Spike.

Historian
06-28-2017, 06:59 AM
I predict some idiot will set himself on fire by week 12.

Team: 7-9

SpikedLemonade
06-28-2017, 07:52 AM
Not into enemas, Spike.

In your case, that would be gurgling mouthwash.

Forward_Lateral
06-28-2017, 01:11 PM
PLAYOFFS??!!!???!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
06-30-2017, 12:38 AM
The fact that this team's entire offense hinges on McCoy tells me everything I need to know.

My guess is when he gets hurt, and he will, that will end our playoff chances pretty quickly.

BillsImpossible
06-30-2017, 07:12 PM
The fact that this team's entire offense hinges on McCoy tells me everything I need to know.

My guess is when he gets hurt, and he will, that will end our playoff chances pretty quickly.

Mike Gillislee had an excellent year in 2016 as a backup running back.

The Bills won't have any problem running the ball if Shady gets hurt...I don't expect that.

LeSean McCoy turns 29 years old in less than 2 weeks and has at least 2 or 3 great years left in his likely to be Hall of Fame career.

This is a big year for Shady. If he puts up the numbers again, and leads the Bills to the playoffs he's going to retire as a Buffalo Bill.

I can not wait to see what Dennison does with Tyrod Taylor's passing game.

Dennison knows Taylor's abilities better than any previous OC.

I'll say it again, the Bills offense is going to pass a lot more in 2017. Sammy Watkins is chomping on what he knows is an offense that will throw him the ball at least 10 times a game. Sammy is healthy. You better knock on wood, baby....

If I remember correctly, the article I read over at Buffalo Rumblings showed how Tyrod Taylor was better than expected while passing in the pocket.

Another thing to think about is how Sammy Watkins and Tyrod Taylor are both playing for huge contracts in 2018.

Both players are going to go all out in 2017.

BertSquirtgum
07-01-2017, 08:49 AM
Bills stink. 6-10, no better than that. No way, no how. Tyrod Taylor blows Tijuana donkey dick.

BillsImpossible
07-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Bills stink. 6-10, no better than that. No way, no how. Tyrod Taylor blows Tijuana donkey dick.

Okay, you made me do it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1986

Kelly's rookie year. 16 games played. 59.4% completion percentage, 3,593 passing yards, 22 TD's, 17 Int's and sacked 43 times.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs?season=2015

Taylor's "rookie," year. 14 games played. 63.7% completion percentage, 3,035 passing yards, 20 TD's, 6 Int's, 4 rushing TD's, 568 rushing yards, and sacked 36 times.

Kelly's sophomore year....

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1987

12 games played. 59.7% completion percentage, 2,798 passing yards, 19 TD's, 11 Int's and sacked 27 times.

Taylor's second year...

15 games played. 61.8% completion percentage, 3,017 passing yards 17 TD's, 6 Int's, 6 rushing TD's and sacked 42 times.

Very fair comparison. Kelly played in the USFL for 2 years, Taylor rode the pine in Baltimore for 4 years.

To be blunt and honest, Tyrod's got the edge on Jim...so far.

Just for the fun of it...

Kelly's third season with the Bills in 1988....

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1988

16 games played. 59.5% completion percentage, 3,380 passing yards, 15 TD's, 17 Int's, and sacked 30 times.

Playoffs!

Turf
07-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Okay, you made me do it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1986

Kelly's rookie year. 16 games played. 59.4% completion percentage, 3,593 passing yards, 22 TD's, 17 Int's and sacked 43 times.

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/gamelogs?season=2015

Taylor's "rookie," year. 14 games played. 63.7% completion percentage, 3,035 passing yards, 20 TD's, 6 Int's, 4 rushing TD's, 568 rushing yards, and sacked 36 times.

Kelly's sophomore year....

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1987

12 games played. 59.7% completion percentage, 2,798 passing yards, 19 TD's, 11 Int's and sacked 27 times.

Taylor's second year...

15 games played. 61.8% completion percentage, 3,017 passing yards 17 TD's, 6 Int's, 6 rushing TD's and sacked 42 times.

Very fair comparison. Kelly played in the USFL for 2 years, Taylor rode the pine in Baltimore for 4 years.

To be blunt and honest, Tyrod's got the edge on Jim...so far.

Just for the fun of it...

Kelly's third season with the Bills in 1988....

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/gamelogs?season=1988

16 games played. 59.5% completion percentage, 3,380 passing yards, 15 TD's, 17 Int's, and sacked 30 times.

Playoffs!

Back when Kelly played you could tackle QB's with intent to hurt, the passing game wasn't wide open, and you could hold up receivers in their routes. It's a different game today.

BertSquirtgum
07-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Seems pretty legit to be comparing Jim Kelly to Tyrod Taylor.

BillsImpossible
07-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Tyrod has better numbers in his first two seasons compared to the Bills QB God in JK12.

He accomplished those numbers with an injury riddled receiving corps, and a coach that would rather see his dad's defense on the field.

Tyrod Taylor deserves more respect than he is getting by the media and many Bills fans.

GregclubSTH
07-01-2017, 06:47 PM
I stupidly drink the kool-aid every year, then mid season reality kicks in. Until then though, I'm excited to see what could happen. Fingers crossed

kishoph
07-03-2017, 04:21 AM
Tyrod has better numbers in his first two seasons compared to the Bills QB God in JK12.

He accomplished those numbers with an injury riddled receiving corps, and a coach that would rather see his dad's defense on the field.

Tyrod Taylor deserves more respect than he is getting by the media and many Bills fans.

Jim Kelly was a top 10 QB his first 2 years, Tyrod Taylor was holding a clipboard. BTW Kelly threw for 500 more yds. (#6) and 5 more TD's (#5) in his rookie season than Taylor did last season (his 6th) where he ranked 25th in yards and 24th in TD's. That is why one is a "Bills QB God" and the other is, um......Tyrod Taylor.

feldspar
07-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Jim Kelly's first two years were spent in the USFL...

just sayin'