PDA

View Full Version : We need KC to completely tank

Skooby
06-21-2017, 03:32 AM
We have a shot at the 2/3 draft pick past the Jets if KC tanks, here's to hoping.

Goobylal
06-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Obviously. Cutting Maclin won't help them and they're probably not going to be as healthy as they were last year. And the rest of the division got better as well.

ICRockets
06-21-2017, 08:21 AM
You should look up the definitions of "need" and "want". You used the wrong one.

Joe Fo Sho
06-21-2017, 08:23 AM
I stopped underestimating Andy Reid a long time ago. He's averaged 11 wins per season for 4 years in KC after taking over for a team that had just won 2 games the year before.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-21-2017, 09:00 AM
We have a chance. Mortgage everything for Mahomes offers that.

I grant that Reid has a better record in selecting QB than most people, but I'm not sure Mahomes can offer much in the first year. I don't see them as a redux of last year's Cowboys. If Alex Smith gets hurt early, I can see them a 6-10 or even worse year.

They are in AFC West (at the outset, I'd say 3-3), get NFC East (pretty good QBs all division), out of division @Texans and host Steelers, then AFC East. Right now the cake walk for them are probably the Jets and Bills.

The Toe Show
06-21-2017, 12:32 PM
Andy Reid is so good on game day, there's no way.

Wally The Barber
06-21-2017, 01:23 PM
The Word TANK should be banned from the board

Albany,n.y.
06-21-2017, 02:49 PM
It's easier for the Bills to tank the season than KC. If Tyrod goes down in preseason this is a 3 win team. Unfortunately, 2 of those wins would be against the Jets, who are in full tank mode.

Bill Cody
06-21-2017, 03:44 PM
We have a shot at the 2/3 draft pick past the Jets if KC tanks, here's to hoping.

So why would they tank? To help us? You make no sense

Goobylal
06-21-2017, 03:46 PM
We have a chance. Mortgage everything for Mahomes offers that.

I grant that Reid has a better record in selecting QB than most people, but I'm not sure Mahomes can offer much in the first year. I don't see them as a redux of last year's Cowboys. If Alex Smith gets hurt early, I can see them a 6-10 or even worse year.

They are in AFC West (at the outset, I'd say 3-3), get NFC East (pretty good QBs all division), out of division @Texans and host Steelers, then AFC East. Right now the cake walk for them are probably the Jets and Bills.

He does?

Skooby
06-21-2017, 06:48 PM
So why would they tank? To help us? You make no sense

KC has had some weird years man, I know not under Reid so far but you all act like Andy has never had a bad season before. Even if we can have him somehow get in the top 15 and can combine our top 5 pick, there's a chance at a top level draft QB.

We are so used to being bad here that when we look up, it's our asses we are looking at. It has to end, talent helps coaching.

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-21-2017, 07:30 PM
KC has had some weird years man, I know not under Reid so far but you all act like Andy has never had a bad season before. Even if we can have him somehow get in the top 15 and can combine our top 5 pick, there's a chance at a top level draft QB.

We are so used to being bad here that when we look up, it's our asses we are looking at. It has to end, talent helps coaching.

i know it's not a popular sentiment but i would love to be bad enough to land a guy like Sam Darnold (should he declare)

to me, that guy can turn a franchise around like Derek Carr.

feldspar
06-21-2017, 07:36 PM

Andy Reid has been a head coach for 18 seasons.

He's had 2 losing seasons.

Skooby
06-21-2017, 08:30 PM
Andy Reid has been a head coach for 18 seasons.

He's had 2 losing seasons.
Which means he's due.

stuckincincy
06-21-2017, 08:37 PM

They finished up 12 and 4, winning the AFC West

Lost their playoff game @PGH by two points.

Why would they tank? :trance:

Skooby
06-21-2017, 09:18 PM
They finished up 12 and 4, winning the AFC West

Lost their playoff game @PGH by two points.

Why would they tank? :trance:

They could, even if not likely. We need as much draft help as we can get.

jamze132
06-21-2017, 09:25 PM
You should look up the definitions of "need" and "want". You used the wrong one.

You should look up the definition of ******* and stop being one.

Skooby
06-21-2017, 10:17 PM
You should look up the definition of ******* and stop being one.
Haha, I agree.

JoeMama
06-22-2017, 08:17 AM
I stopped underestimating Andy Reid a long time ago. He's averaged 11 wins per season for 4 years in KC after taking over for a team that had just won 2 games the year before.

Dude's a good coach. Let no fan doubt it.

Andy Reid will have some more obstacles this year than in the recent past.

Spencer Ware is a solid RB but he's no Jamaal Charles (in his prime) and has concussion/injury problems.

No Jeremy Maclin means Tyrek Hill needs to step up big. It's one thing to be a complimentary WR and sneak under the radar. It's another thing entirely when the defense is gunnin' for you.

The Raiders are the prohibitive favorites in the AFC West. The Chargers should be improved this season. And Denver still has one of the meanest defenses in the league.

I don't expect KC to tank but I do think a slide to mediocrity like 8-8 or 7-9 is a possibility.

feldspar
06-22-2017, 09:29 AM
Which means he's due.

Yeah, and the Bills are even more overdue to make the playoffs. Does that mean it will happen too?

Bill Cody
06-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Which means he's due.

So are the Patriots. Are they tanking also?

TigerJ
06-22-2017, 11:48 AM
KC tanking is highly unlikely. It does them no good in the first round. After that, the cost in terms of fan sentiment is too high. What if they want to start Pat Mahomes? Also highly unlikely. Alex Smith is still under contract. Unless Andy Reid is of the philosophy that rookie QBs are better off starting and get far more out of playing and falling flat on their faces than sitting and watching an efficient and competent game manager, why would he ever start Mahomes out of the gate. You can hope and dream all you want, but this one is probably a pipe dream.

golfball323
06-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Rein extended and Dorsey shown the door today. Does this give Reid a timetable to build a new roster while under the eyes of a new GM?

Also, does this mean that Reid wanted Mahomes and Dorsey didn't??

Interested to see how this plays out.

Skooby
06-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Can't believe it came in, they fired him. Ok, So how's our pick looking now ?? A little better huh ?? Doesn't seems possible that KC might have problems ?? Well look at this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/22/chiefs-fire-g-m-john-dorsey/

feldspar
06-23-2017, 05:13 AM
Can't believe it came in, they fired him. Ok, So how's our pick looking now ?? A little better huh ?? Doesn't seems possible that KC might have problems ?? Well look at this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/22/chiefs-fire-g-m-john-dorsey/

I don't think that firing Dorsey will affect the Chiefs win-loss record this year.

YardRat
06-23-2017, 06:15 AM
So does Dorsey have ties to McD other than mutual relationships with Reid?

Skooby
06-23-2017, 06:36 AM
I don't think that firing Dorsey will affect the Chiefs win-loss record this year.

It's a potential distraction, which gives us a chance.

swiper
06-23-2017, 06:38 AM

It's not a distraction at all. Reid runs the show. You are a fool.

DraftBoy
06-23-2017, 06:52 AM
The Dorsey firing is odd, but I'm not sure how much of an negative effect it will have.

swiper
06-23-2017, 07:07 AM
Being reported as Clark Hunt's decision alone to fire Dorsey.

http://sportsnaut.com/2017/06/report-john-dorsey-fired-not-mutual-decision-part-ways/

feldspar
06-23-2017, 07:19 AM

Who exactly would be distracted by it?

The players could give a rat's ass. Reid is probably glad, because I think there was some kind of internal struggle for this to happen in the first place.

kishoph
06-23-2017, 08:51 AM
So are the Patriots. Are they tanking also?

We could only wish. Forget about KC, they haven't been possibly the biggest reason why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. Whereas the Patriots along with not having a legit starting QB are the biggest reasons for the drought.

Generalissimus Gibby
06-23-2017, 11:00 AM
We could only wish. Forget about KC, they haven't been possibly the biggest reason why the Bills haven't made the playoffs in 17 years. Whereas the Patriots along with not having a legit starting QB are the biggest reasons for the drought.

I'd say poor coaching, bad drafting, poor talent development, pourous defenses, and ****ty qb play has a lot more to do with our drought than playing the cheaties twice a year. I mean we still have fourteen other games a year and we don't play the Pats those games too. We have lost to **** teams, good teams, mediocre teams. To me the three worst losses of this drought have been against teams not named New England.

2000 @ Tampa, this game started the drought
2004 v. Pittsburgh's bench
2014 @ Oakland

Goobylal
06-23-2017, 04:24 PM

Realignment into four divisions and having only two wildcards also hurt the Bills a lot.

YardRat
06-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Only a dumbass would wait until after the draft to fire their GM.

Skooby
06-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Only a dumbass would wait until after the draft to fire their GM.

Bingo.

kishoph
06-24-2017, 03:31 AM
I'd say poor coaching, bad drafting, poor talent development, pourous defenses, and ****ty qb play has a lot more to do with our drought than playing the cheaties twice a year. I mean we still have fourteen other games a year and we don't play the Pats those games too. We have lost to **** teams, good teams, mediocre teams. To me the three worst losses of this drought have been against teams not named New England.

2000 @ Tampa, this game started the drought
2004 v. Pittsburgh's bench
2014 @ Oakland

It's not playing the Pats 2 times a year, it's more of them dominating the division. Every year the Pats won the division left the Bills with a 2 in 12 chance of making the playoffs on a wild card, not good odds. Especially when 6 of the top 7 winning teams of the last 10 years play in the AFC.

MattyNH
06-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Best case scenario is 6-8 wins for the Bills.