PDA

View Full Version : The Most Ridiculous Historic Spin on a Bills Player by Bills Management

SpikedLemonade
06-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Every year there is some stupid angle spun by Bills Management about a player.

Which one do you look back at and piss your pants laughing?

For me, it has to be after we drafted JP Losman and we were told by Bills Management what a "gym rat" he was.

LOL!!!!!!!!

It gets me chuckling every time.

What is your favourite?

Skooby
06-24-2017, 09:19 AM
Linebacker mentality.

SpikedLemonade
06-24-2017, 10:48 AM
Linebacker mentality.
Who?

Jimbo?

Skooby
06-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Who?

Jimbo?
J/K.

Historian
06-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Chris Kelsay's high motor....

:puke:

OpIv37
06-24-2017, 11:53 AM
What about Fitzpatrick's "gunslinger mentality"? Guy has an Ivy League education and still tries to force the ball through 3 defenders because he thinks he can, and the FO wants us to believe that's a good thing.

feldspar
06-24-2017, 12:03 PM
EJ Manuel "has all the tools."

kscdogbillsfan1221
06-24-2017, 12:15 PM
What about Fitzpatrick's "gunslinger mentality"? Guy has an Ivy League education and still tries to force the ball through 3 defenders because he thinks he can, and the FO wants us to believe that's a good thing.
not that it's great or even good, but if I had a choice of ****ty to mediocre QB's, I prefer a QB with a set of testicles to a check down, take no chances kind of guy. at least i'll be entertained while losing.....

SpikedLemonade
06-24-2017, 12:40 PM

LOL!!!

Code word for White and unathletic.

Mr. Miyagi
06-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Bill Walsh pimping Trent Edwards as a steal of the draft.

Yasgur's Farm
06-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Bill Walsh pimping Trent Edwards as a steal of the draft.Plenty of posters repeated that a million times.

The Toe Show
06-24-2017, 05:04 PM
HOW BOUT 1 MEANINGLESS GAME OVER A 10-5 RUN???!!!!!!!

Flutie topped his performance from the previous season, going 10-5 and clinching a playoff spot. Phillips sat Flutie in a meaningless final game to get him healthy for the playoffs. After Johnson had his best game as a Bill, Wilson again called telling Phillips to start Johnson over Flutie, despite the diminutive quarterback’s record. Phillips backed the decision, he says.“It wasn’t a bad idea, considering the Titans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/tennessee-titans) were unbeaten at home and won all their games there by big scores,” Phillips writes. “We had just played one of our best games of the whole season, and Rob played tremendously. Plus, if we weren’t playing well, Flutie could come in and give us a spark.”
This makes zero sense, but I guess if you are trying to defend a bad decision 17 years later, what else are you going to say?
“I wasn’t worried about the players on the team who were in Doug’s corner being angry about the switch,” continued Phillips. “If you’re coming off a big win like we were, I don’t think that happens. If it’s after a loss, I think it’s different. Once you lose and there’s a change, then all hell can break loose.”

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/5/27/15685890/wade-phillips-starting-quarterback-battle-rob-johnson-doug-flutie-controversy-ralph-wilson

Mace
06-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Low hanging fruit, but Rex Ryan building a bully.

Oh they were tough alright, on my nerves and patience.

The Toe Show
06-24-2017, 05:26 PM
How many boxes of cereal would Bills Fans buy for a QB with a 10-6 record?

2.5 MILLION

In the end, Ballou’s company sold 2.5 million boxes of Flutie Flakes, launching a new business model. “I should have retired after that one,” Ballou said. “I was younger back then. I thought all of them were going to be like that.”

http://www.avclub.com/article/how-athletes-wind-cereal-boxes-256750

Crisis
06-24-2017, 05:48 PM

If Adrian Wilson didn't scramble his brain I still think Trent would've worked out.

Night Train
06-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Leif Larsen and his bench press record.

sudzy
06-24-2017, 06:26 PM
He's more of a "punt catcher"

Night Train
06-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Chris Kelsay's high motor....:puke:

1.4 liter 4 cyl

Generalissimus Gibby
06-24-2017, 07:36 PM
We let Fat Pat go because he was too old. The one strength this team had in the first few years of this drought was that the Defensive Line was pretty damn good. Too old Fat Pat would go on and enjoy many years of excellent play in Minnesota.

Turf
06-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Marshawn Lynch was like tackling a bowling ball rolling downhill with spikes on it. Wait...

POTLAND PSILBYLO
06-24-2017, 11:51 PM

He was. But it was a steal for Trent.

SpikedLemonade
06-25-2017, 05:42 AM
It is amazing the crap sandwiches that Bills Management has force fed us fans over the years.

How about the parade in Buffalo upon Drew Bledsoe's arrival?

coastal
06-25-2017, 08:12 AM
LOL!!!

Code word for White and unathletic.

Russ Brandon and him were ****ing.

coastal
06-25-2017, 08:14 AM
I always liked the annual John McCargo training camp emergence.

cookie G
06-25-2017, 04:45 PM
THIS defensive scheme is the right scheme..we just need the players to fit THIS scheme.

It's great because it gets played every other year.

Runner up..

The new coach is bringing in a totally new attitude!!

*see the "every other year" cmment.

feldspar
06-25-2017, 04:53 PM
THIS defensive scheme is the right scheme..we just need the players to fit THIS scheme.

It's great because it gets played every other year.

Runner up..

The new coach is bringing in a totally new attitude!!

*see the "every other year" cmment.

Every new coach seems to be the one that's going to "instill a winning culture" is the way they like to word it.

swiper
06-25-2017, 04:57 PM
We let Fat Pat go because he was too old. The one strength this team had in the first few years of this drought was that the Defensive Line was pretty damn good. Too old Fat Pat would go on and enjoy many years of excellent play in Minnesota.

Fat Pat was terrible. The worst. He took two plays off for every one he gave effort on. On big fat piece of garbage.

feldspar
06-25-2017, 05:00 PM
It is amazing the crap sandwiches that Bills Management has force fed us fans over the years.

How about the parade in Buffalo upon Drew Bledsoe's arrival?

That's a little more understandable than when they gave freakin' Terrell Owens the freakin' key to the city.

Buffalo actually gave that guy the key to the city in a public ceremony...

He played for the Bills for one year, and it wasn't a very good one.

OpIv37
06-25-2017, 05:30 PM
not that it's great or even good, but if I had a choice of ****ty to mediocre QB's, I prefer a QB with a set of testicles to a check down, take no chances kind of guy. at least i'll be entertained while losing.....
I can't disagree with this. It's why I always loved watching Michael Vick but never wanted him on the Bills. It was going to be an 80 yard TD or some incomprehensible turnover almost every time.

YardRat
06-25-2017, 06:11 PM
LOL...I've fessed up to this before, but I will again. I wanted Kelsay in the first round the year he was drafted, and was PISSED when we took McGahee instead. Left the draft party at the stadium, listened on the ride home, and thought we caught a break when he dropped to us in the second.

Mace
06-25-2017, 07:53 PM

I despised Kelsay too until near the end of his career.

Then I remember seeing a run to the other side of the line in some game on TV, back bursts past the edge sprinting down the sideline. DL on that side starts trotting it out, bottom of the screen Kelsay starts pursuit, quickly disappears. DB's block the sideline, RB cuts back toward the middle of the field. DB's stop, start trotting it out, opposite side DL jogging now. Kelsay comes into frame at the bottom, running hard and slow as molasses, disappears again as the back turns it on, runs into an LB, LB makes a feeble clutch and goes down, back spins and cuts again, half the defense is trotting down the sidelines way behind him. Kelsay comes again into frame ! Safely past the LB, the back plants his feet for the sprint to daylight. Kelsay is closer, you can see half of him ! Back must have noticed something out of the corner of his eye, his head turns as he takes his first step and Kelsay lunges and actually tackles him. I thought it was ridiculous.

Then, watching him more, there were more plays. Short pass to a move TE, breaks a tackle and runs to open field. There's Kelsay at the bottom of the screen ! The TE is 5 yards away...Kelsay in pursuit ! 10 yards away, okay now 15....maybe 20.....Kelsay in pursuit ! 25, now 30, oh Kelsay is running with everything he has, get him Chris, get him ! 35, now 40, switches to the endzone cam, way back there, getting blurry is this Bill, arms and legs pumping madly. TE slows as he nears the plane, Kelsay doesn't slow until the whistle blows, easily 20 yards back. That's what happened most often.

Reminds me of a gf's 4 cylinder Dodge Dart in the 80's. Oh you'd have petal to the metal, leaning forward fiercely trying to will it up to speed on a Thruway ramp and you'd still be dependent on mercy to merge, then patience from those behind you in the granny lane 5mph below speed limit.

High motor, relentless, completely outclassed. I respected Kelsay. Didn't think much better of him as a player, but respected him. Can't say I despised him for eking out a career he had no business having. Tried like hell. So did the Dart. Hated the Dart though. Never had to drive Kelsay.

Thurmal
06-26-2017, 11:11 AM
When Levy was GM and made the case that Larry Tripplette and John McCargo were going to be more disruptive DTs than Pat Williams and Sam Adams because they were smaller and quicker, which would allow them to get in the backfield faster. WOW.

Mr. Miyagi
06-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Marshawn loves Dave and Busters
Players are all "buying in"
Fitzmagic
Maybin's wicked first step
Marv Levy the GM
Our coaches are "teachers"
From 3-4 to 4-3 to 46 to Cover 2 to 3-4......

Come to think of it, we're all a bunch of dumbass suckers.

SpikedLemonade
06-26-2017, 12:34 PM
Marshawn loves Dave and Busters
Players are all "buying in"
Fitzmagic
Maybin's wicked first step
Marv Levy the GM
Our coaches are "teachers"
From 3-4 to 4-3 to 46 to Cover 2 to 3-4......

Come to think of it, we're all a bunch of dumbass suckers.
We sure are.

coastal
06-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Not me.

they can **** right off.

Thurmal
06-26-2017, 03:14 PM
Thought of a couple more:

-- London Fletcher not being resigned b/c he was "too old"
-- "Turk Schonert/Sam Wyche/Steve Fairchild/David Lee has been doing a lot of work with Drew Bledsoe/JP Losman/Trent Edwards/Ryan Fitzpatrick this offseason and says he looks fantastic!"

Mr. Miyagi
06-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Thought of a couple more:

-- London Fletcher not being resigned b/c he was "too old"
-- "Turk Schonert/Sam Wyche/Steve Fairchild/David Lee has been doing a lot of work with Drew Bledsoe/JP Losman/Trent Edwards/Ryan Fitzpatrick this offseason and says he looks fantastic!"
Oh yeah, remember how Mularkey told us we were going back to k-gun no huddle offense? With the bull horn at practice to get the ball out in 3 seconds? Then Edwards kept holding the ball and getting sacked?

Arm of Harm
06-27-2017, 05:41 AM
During the playoff drought, the Bills' SOP has been to use early picks on QBs with great physical tools, who'd demonstrated neither good accuracy nor good information processing in college. Their word for describing a guy like that? "Raw." That word implies that it would be simple and easy for that QB to overcome his limitations; like throwing a piece of meat on a grill.

In that same vein, they'd also use the phrase "high upside" to describe him, because of his good physical tools. A QB's upside is in his accuracy and his information processing, far more than it's in his physical tools. Tom Brady being an example of that. Normally when the post-Polian/pre-Beane front office said they drafted a QB with upside, what they meant was that they'd drafted a player with all the strengths of a Tim Tebow or an Akili Smith; none of the strengths of a Tom Brady or a Joe Montana.

Historian
06-28-2017, 07:49 AM
"Never takes a play off!"

SpikedLemonade
06-28-2017, 07:54 AM
"Hardy will be that tall threat in the endzone when we are in the red zone."

Historian
06-28-2017, 09:16 AM
One Buffalo.

What it really means is:

I pledge allegiance,
To the monopoly,
That is Buffalo sports.
And to the lack of playoffs,
For years on end.
Higher prices,
Under Brandon,
Mismanaged.
With misery and ridicule for all.

SpikedLemonade
06-28-2017, 11:04 AM
One Buffalo.

What it really means is:

I pledge allegiance,
To the monopoly,
That is Buffalo sports.
And to the lack of playoffs,
For years on end.
Higher prices,
Under Brandon,
Mismanaged.
With misery and ridicule for all.

Brilliant!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
06-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Sour much?

Forward_Lateral
06-28-2017, 03:08 PM
The whole franchise has been a hype machine since the early 90s.

Joe Fo Sho
06-28-2017, 03:41 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/A6H1A9rhetsXK/giphy.gif

Bills ownership on their way to the bank every year

feldspar
06-28-2017, 03:51 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/A6H1A9rhetsXK/giphy.gif

Bills ownership on their way to the bank every year

Meh, I don't doubt that they've been trying. I don't feel like it's been a money-grab. If the owner(s) wanted money, they'd sell the team...how much money is that? Plenty.

Ralph got WAY old and infirm...doubt he was counting his money during that time...and I believe he was always trying. Pegula is new at this. I think he's not in this for the money, do you?

SpikedLemonade
06-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Meh, I don't doubt that they've been trying. I don't feel like it's been a money-grab. If the owner(s) wanted money, they'd sell the team...how much money is that? Plenty.

Ralph got WAY old and infirm...doubt he was counting his money during that time...and I believe he was always trying. Pegula is new at this. I think he's not in this for the money, do you?

The DP is a saint!!!

Who is sayin' ill words towards Terry?

GOD's gift to the City of Buffalo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

feldspar
06-28-2017, 05:57 PM
The DP is a saint!!!

Who is sayin' ill words towards Terry?

GOD's gift to the City of Buffalo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q

Did somebody say something?

BillsPride12
07-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Bennie "Big Tub of Goo" Anderson was going to be a monster road-grader in the running game

Albany,n.y.
07-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Instead of management spin, I'll go in another direction & go with the most ridiculous fan spin of a management decision.

In 2009, under the general management of Russ Brandon, the Bills signed Brian Brohm off Green Bay's practice squad. Brohm, who had been a 2nd round pick by GB in 2008 was so bad he cleared waivers 1 year later to be PS eligible.

There were many fans here & on other Bills message boards who "saw him play in college" and were convinced that the Bills had pulled off a steal who would soon be the Bills starting QB. They ignored the fact that in order for that to happen, Russ Brandon and the rest of the Bills management who acquired Brohm would have had to have outsmarted the rest of the NFL.

Looking back, it's pretty funny that fans thought Russ Brandon & staff had outsmarted some of the best managed teams in the league, including the team that waived Brohm in the 1st pace.

Arm of Harm
07-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Instead of management spin, I'll go in another direction & go with the most ridiculous fan spin of a management decision.

In 2009, under the general management of Russ Brandon, the Bills signed Brian Brohm off Green Bay's practice squad. Brohm, who had been a 2nd round pick by GB in 2008 was so bad he cleared waivers 1 year later to be PS eligible.

There were many fans here & on other Bills message boards who "saw him play in college" and were convinced that the Bills had pulled off a steal who would soon be the Bills starting QB. They ignored the fact that in order for that to happen, Russ Brandon and the rest of the Bills management who acquired Brohm would have had to have outsmarted the rest of the NFL.

Looking back, it's pretty funny that fans thought Russ Brandon & staff had outsmarted some of the best managed teams in the league, including the team that waived Brohm in the 1st pace.

I agree with your post.

A drowning man will grab hold of anything that floats.