PDA

View Full Version : Brien

Shiny Chicken
09-15-2002, 11:14 PM
This story is kinda sad, reminds me of Christie a year ago....

Brien’s release looks imminent (http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/4082528.htm)
BY SEAN JENSEN
Pioneer Press

After a disastrous performance by his kicker, Vikings coach Mike Tice all but said he’ll finally make a change at that position.
Kicker Doug Brien can’t blame him.

“No, it wouldn’t shock me,” Brien said when asked if he’d be surprised if he were released after missing two point-after attempts and a 44-yard field-goal at the end of the first half Sunday. “I think everyone’s got a job to do, and you’ve got to do it. That means you make 100 percent of your PATs, period.

“Who misses two PATs in a game? High school kickers make those,” Brien said earlier. “I’m just so disgusted with myself, I’m not even worried about (the possibility of being released).”

I feel bad for the dude. Sounds like he's a pretty good kicker having a really bad streak. My guess would be that if he goes toanother team, he'll probably get back to normal, kinda like Christie did, but I wonder if another team will actually take him at this point. Poor dude though...

People are going to be calling on Tice to fire him, but for some reason, my gut says tha would be the wrong thing to do...

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-15-2002, 11:30 PM
They can always pick up Jake Arians.