PDA

View Full Version : Former Bill stung in Operation Poker Toker sting for illegal marijuana in Colorado

swiper
06-29-2017, 12:10 PM
You'll never guess who.

LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/two-former-broncos-victims-of-illegal-marijuana-ring/)

Skooby
06-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Pears for those who don't want to click link, whoopee.

Thurmal
06-29-2017, 12:43 PM
Was Erik Pears good or bad as a player? I honestly don't remember. This team has had so many random, no-name lineman over the past 15 years that they're all starting to run together in my brain.

Mr. Miyagi
06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Nobody gives a darn about Erik Pears, other than his immediate family.

swiper
06-29-2017, 01:12 PM
So mean Kawasaki.

Bill Cody
06-29-2017, 01:44 PM
You know you're a moron when you invest in a business that's operating illegally selling a product that could be sold legally. They house those people in a special section of the jail.

elroy16
06-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Was Erik Pears good or bad as a player? I honestly don't remember. This team has had so many random, no-name lineman over the past 15 years that they're all starting to run together in my brain.

If I remember correctly, he was decent at RT, then they moved him inside where he was downright awful and then they cut him instead of moving him back outside.

Homegrown
06-29-2017, 04:26 PM
Dumb as a Rock.....colleges gotta start removing "student" from the phrase "student athlete"

WagonCircler
06-29-2017, 05:58 PM
My money was on Travis Henry.

Although he may still be in prison. That would make for a pretty good alibi.

swiper
06-29-2017, 06:08 PM
TH certainly a good guess.

feldspar
06-29-2017, 06:28 PM

That was my first thought, too. He was in Denver, and also, well he's Travis Henry.

Henry has been free for like 5 years now, I think. He could probably make a fortune selling pot to his kids alone...

Mace
06-29-2017, 09:37 PM
If I remember correctly, he was decent at RT, then they moved him inside where he was downright awful and then they cut him instead of moving him back outside.

Yes. He was a decent RT that upset people because he wasn't a great RT. This led Whaley to get Kouandjio & Henderson as heirs apparent (with Cyril Richardson at guard), which led Marrone to "put his best 5 guys on the field" one of whom wasn't Richardson, so OL guru Marrone brilliantly put the 6'6" Pears at guard where he wasn't athletic enough to pull or get the the next level, and was terrible. They then decided the future was Richardson, Henderson, Kouandjio because Whaley was wedded to his draft choices. Probably should have kept Pears for another year or two.

Novacane
06-29-2017, 10:29 PM

That's the first name that came to mind for me too! :rofl:

Bill Cody
06-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Yes. He was a decent RT that upset people because he wasn't a great RT. This led Whaley to get Kouandjio & Henderson as heirs apparent (with Cyril Richardson at guard), which led Marrone to "put his best 5 guys on the field" one of whom wasn't Richardson, so OL guru Marrone brilliantly put the 6'6" Pears at guard where he wasn't athletic enough to pull or get the the next level, and was terrible. They then decided the future was Richardson, Henderson, Kouandjio because Whaley was wedded to his draft choices. Probably should have kept Pears for another year or two.

Damn that paragraph is the last 17 years in a nutshell, no?