X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyT92679
    • Jul 2002

Kay Stephenson interview from a couple of years ago

We talk pro football with former NFL coach Kay Stephenson. He was an all-state quarter back in the 1960's at Pensacola High School, his athletic prowess woul...
    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]
  • Arm of Harm
    • Dec 2015

Re: Kay Stephenson interview from a couple of years ago

Kay Stephenson came across better than I'd anticipated. Laid back, but with a certain charisma.

This was from a few years ago. When he was asked about who was the best QB currently playing (around 8:10 in the video), he said that Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees were the four best. He didn't say which one in particular, if any, was better than the other three. He also said, "I don't know that there's ever been a better quarterback in the National Football League than any one of those four." Stephenson has an offensive/pass oriented background, so his opinion about QBs carries some weight.

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
      Kay Stephenson came across better than I'd anticipated. Laid back, but with a certain charisma.

This was from a few years ago. When he was asked about who was the best QB currently playing (around 8:10 in the video), he said that Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees were the four best. He didn't say which one in particular, if any, was better than the other three. He also said, "I don't know that there's ever been a better quarterback in the National Football League than any one of those four." Stephenson has an offensive/pass oriented background, so his opinion about QBs carries some weight.
      If a Lebanese greengrocer had said it, it would still carry the same weight because it's fairly obvious those four belong in any related discussion though Montana, Favre, Unitas, Elway & company would have something to say about it, in all fairness.

It's hard for me to get past remembering Stephenson's 10-26 tenure. Probably I should watch the video, but it's Kay Stephenson.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Kay Stevenson, Stu Barber, Harvey Johnson, Marv as a GM..

Keep reminding me why Ralph thought Adlai Stevenson was President for 4 terms..
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Arm of Harm
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Mace View Post
          If a Lebanese greengrocer had said it, it would still carry the same weight because it's fairly obvious those four belong in any related discussion though Montana, Favre, Unitas, Elway & company would have something to say about it, in all fairness.

It's hard for me to get past remembering Stephenson's 10-26 tenure. Probably I should watch the video, but it's Kay Stephenson.

Kay Stephenson was before my time, but his 10-26 record is hard to justify. On the other hand Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year as head coach of the Cowboys. I don't want to judge any head coach's W/L record too harshly without learning something about his team's talent level.

While Stephenson was head coach the Bills drafted Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed. He was also the one who hired Bill Polian. A foundation was being laid. Bill Polian said that Kay Stephenson sacrificed his own head coaching career to help the team.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

"Uhh...I saw a lot of character out there."

Comment

• Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
              Kay Stephenson was before my time, but his 10-26 record is hard to justify. On the other hand Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year as head coach of the Cowboys. I don't want to judge any head coach's W/L record too harshly without learning something about his team's talent level.

While Stephenson was head coach the Bills drafted Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, and Andre Reed. He was also the one who hired Bill Polian. A foundation was being laid. Bill Polian said that Kay Stephenson sacrificed his own head coaching career to help the team.
              On the other hand, one of those ten wins was over the Fish in the Fishbowl and that terrible 84 campaign led to Bruce Smith and Andre Reed

Comment

Working...
              X