PDA

View Full Version : Rich Stadium construction

BillyT92679
07-19-2017, 07:52 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFAyTbllkxQ

BillsImpossible
07-19-2017, 08:29 PM
Anyone go downtown last week for the Italian Fest?

I heard that traffic was a nightmare.

Why does a new stadium have to be built downtown? Just for the sake of it being downtown?

The amount of money it would take to build the new roads, bridges and transportation infrastructure to support the kind of influx of people going to a NFL game in downtown Buffalo would cost about as much as a new stadium itself.

Instead of investing Buffalo's billion dollars in a solar panel factory, that money should have been spent on creating the kind of roadways and bridges the city of Buffalo needs to accommodate big city business in the 21st century.

Over $700 million of New York State taxpayer money spent on a factory that produces solar panels.

Somebody obviously never calculated the cost vs. benefit ratio of investing so much money in to a product that is no longer functional after 20 years and takes about the same amount of time to pay for it.

$700 million + could have been spent on making Western New York and downtown Buffalo a major hub of business flowing between the United States and Canada's largest city in Toronto.

Sleazebag politicians in New York City and Albany don't want Buffalo to take a bite out of their Big Apple.

BillyT92679
07-19-2017, 08:36 PM

I heard that traffic was a nightmare.

Why does a new stadium have to be built downtown? Just for the sake of it being downtown?

The amount of money it would take to build the new roads, bridges and transportation infrastructure to support the kind of influx of people going to a NFL game in downtown Buffalo would cost about as much as a new stadium itself.

Instead of investing Buffalo's billion dollars in a solar panel factory, that money should have been spent on creating the kind of roadways and bridges the city of Buffalo needs to accommodate big city business in the 21st century.

Over $700 million of New York State taxpayer money spent on a factory that produces solar panels.

Somebody obviously never calculated the cost vs. benefit ratio of investing so much money in to a product that is no longer functional after 20 years and takes about the same amount of time to pay for it.

$700 million + could have been spent on making Western New York and downtown Buffalo a major hub of business flowing between the United States and Canada's largest city in Toronto.

Sleazebag politicians in New York City and Albany don't want Buffalo to take a bite out of their Big Apple.
Well they have years to figure it out. There's definitely space to do it, and the infrastructure is there (the Outer Harbor is a different animal in terms of ingress/egress than say the Perry Projects)

The light rail can satisfy a decent # of people & it's Sundays so all the office space parking lots will be available. Other cities' downtowns make stadia work. I think Buffalo can too

YardRat
07-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Downtown makes too much sense considering all of the time, effort and money that's been invested there to this point. The football stadium and accompanying facilities would become the crown jewel of the development. Having said that, the current location is still the best spot from a cost-effectiveness perspective...the infrastructure is in place, there is room to build a new facility without too much disruption, and The Ralph is perfectly constructed to simply remove all of the hot spots then 'doze the upper decks into the bowl, re-pave over it, and call it a day.

BillsImpossible
07-19-2017, 08:56 PM
Well they have years to figure it out. There's definitely space to do it, and the infrastructure is there (the Outer Harbor is a different animal in terms of ingress/egress than say the Perry Projects)

The light rail can satisfy a decent # of people & it's Sundays so all the office space parking lots will be available. Other cities' downtowns make stadia work. I think Buffalo can too

One way in an one way out.

What if the Skyway is closed on Sunday during a game?

The Skyway is often closed between November and February.

I'm all or a new stadium being built downtown, but it's not possible.

It would be possible had Andrew Cuomo made a more prudent decision to spend the Buffalo Billion (of taxpayer money) on an investment that would actually pay off in the future.

JATMtheJATM
07-19-2017, 09:05 PM
A stadium in downtown buffalo can obviously work, traffic wise, if downtown Ann arbor (which does not have NEARLY the infrastructure that Buffalo does) can make it work for 120 thousand people.

Skooby
07-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Downtown stadium is in stone, it was always going there. The Ralph and Ralph wasn't supposed to last that long, all overstayed.

BillsImpossible
07-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Downtown stadium is in stone, it was always going there. The Ralph and Ralph wasn't supposed to last that long, all overstayed.

If Ralph Wilson decided to build a new stadium in downtown Buffalo back in the early 1970's, the Bills would no longer be in Buffalo.

17 years without a playoff berth and Bills fans still sell out the stadium in OP. Why?

Location, location, location.

Skooby
07-19-2017, 10:03 PM
If Ralph Wilson decided to build a new stadium in downtown Buffalo back in the early 1970's, the Bills would no longer be in Buffalo.

17 years without a playoff berth and Bills fans still sell out the stadium in OP. Why?

Location, location, location.
Fan base / fan base / fan base, that's who supports it now.

Turf
07-19-2017, 11:01 PM
Like Foxboro is close to Boston.

Turf
07-19-2017, 11:03 PM
The name for this team should be the WNY Buffalos.

YardRat
07-20-2017, 05:46 AM
The name for this team should be the WNY Buffalos.

There aren't any buffalos in WNY. Dumbass.

BillyT92679
07-20-2017, 07:23 AM
One way in an one way out.

What if the Skyway is closed on Sunday during a game?

The Skyway is often closed between November and February.

I'm all or a new stadium being built downtown, but it's not possible.

It would be possible had Andrew Cuomo made a more prudent decision to spend the Buffalo Billion (of taxpayer money) on an investment that would actually pay off in the future.
Well they wouldn't build the stadium at the Outer Harbor. The Perry Projects are right off the 190 at Louisiana St. There's plenty of ingress/egress routes there.

BillyT92679
07-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Anyway, this thread was about the construction of the CURRENT stadium back in 1972-73, not about a new stadium. Check out the Youtube clip if you get a chance. Super cool.

Night Train
07-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Jefferson Kaye in the mic. Local WBEN radio show. Took over as the voice of NFL films later on.

I was there for the first exhibition game in August of 1973. To many, the drive to OP was a place they had never been and the roads were a parking lot by 4pm that day. Everyone took the 90 and tried to exit on Mile Strip Rd.

Luckily, my uncle drove us out there at noon and we cooked dogs,burgers on a small grill, watching the chaos. Many people didn't arrive until the 4th quarter.

Novacane
07-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Cool video.

Turf
07-20-2017, 12:39 PM
There aren't any buffalos in WNY. Dumbass.

I think everyone other than you would get it. There aren't any Bills either.

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2017, 02:28 PM

I heard that traffic was a nightmare........

I blame the Polocks.

feldspar
07-20-2017, 02:43 PM
I blame the Polocks.

If you want to insinuate somebody is stupid, be sure to spell the slur correctly, genious.

Friendly advice...

EDS
07-20-2017, 04:16 PM
If you want to insinuate somebody is stupid, be sure to spell the slur correctly, genious.

Friendly advice...

Your own misspelling really drives home the point!

YardRat
07-20-2017, 04:24 PM

I was kidding, I hope you know that.

DetDannyWilliams
07-20-2017, 06:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WEATHER UPDATE: The National Weather Service has confirmed there was definitely a <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/tornado?src=hash">#tornado</a> in Hamburg today</p>&mdash; WGRZ (@WGRZ) <a href="https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/888165435576811520">July 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2017, 08:03 PM
I just want a new stadium built for the Bills and I don't care where in the Buffalo area that it goes.

SpikedLemonade
07-20-2017, 08:04 PM
The Hamburg Tornadoes sounds like a minor league baseball team.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
07-21-2017, 11:03 PM
How about the Hamburg Stands

Skooby
07-22-2017, 02:19 AM
Bilson (Australian slang for Billie) Bison, so Bilson Bison.

Historian
07-22-2017, 08:55 AM
Put the new stadium on the old War Memorial site!!!

:couch:

Night Train
07-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Put the new stadium on the old War Memorial site!!!
:couch:

We'll use your car. Mine isn't being parked there.

Night Train
07-23-2017, 06:56 AM
I realize Pegula is buying up property downtown and people can connect dots. Yes, it had been looked at by his people in dozens of angles.

The issue is getting the fans downtown, since only so many cars can find spots. The next stadium will be smaller but still will be 65-70 thousand under a dome.The logistics and costs are still a major headache. All these ideas of park and ride trains, buses etc. seems like a tall task, especially when you have many coming down the 90 from Rochester and beyond and from Southern Ontario.

The easiest and far more logical plan is to level the current stadium and build the next one right across the street in the parking lot or right next to it on the same side of the street, closer to Southwestern.

The buildings downtown are being turned into living lofts or office building, which are getting occupied. Pegula does need improvement as a sports owner but he's been a gift from the Gods for downtown development. It's inspired others to buy up property and make it beautiful. I had zero care to go downtown 10 years ago. Now, there's so much to do.

Historian
07-23-2017, 07:05 AM
We'll use your car. Mine isn't being parked there.

I'll rebuild an old Gremlin or something for game days, lol.

Seriously though, drive down Jefferson Ave these days. Much has been redeveloped, and there are all new houses in those neighborhoods.

Night Train
07-23-2017, 08:06 AM
I'll rebuild an old Gremlin or something for game days, lol.

Seriously though, drive down Jefferson Ave these days. Much has been redeveloped, and there are all new houses in those neighborhoods.

Went right by it last month. It's improved.

HHURRICANE
07-24-2017, 06:25 PM
I love Buffalonians *****ing about traffic. Buy an airplane ticket and see the real world. ��

DetDannyWilliams
07-24-2017, 06:39 PM
I realize Pegula is buying up property downtown and people can connect dots. Yes, it had been looked at by his people in dozens of angles.

The issue is getting the fans downtown, since only so many cars can find spots. The next stadium will be smaller but still will be 65-70 thousand under a dome.The logistics and costs are still a major headache. All these ideas of park and ride trains, buses etc. seems like a tall task, especially when you have many coming down the 90 from Rochester and beyond and from Southern Ontario.

The easiest and far more logical plan is to level the current stadium and build the next one right across the street in the parking lot or right next to it on the same side of the street, closer to Southwestern.

The buildings downtown are being turned into living lofts or office building, which are getting occupied. Pegula does need improvement as a sports owner but he's been a gift from the Gods for downtown development. It's inspired others to buy up property and make it beautiful. I had zero care to go downtown 10 years ago. Now, there's so much to do.

that parking lot across the street belongs to Erie Community College South Campus and ECC says that they aren't selling... in matter of fact the Bills ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY ECC to use the parking lot. Everything across the street from One Bills Dr. is owned by ECC South

https://www.bing.com/maps/customize?src=SHELL&lvl=16&cp=42.772536~-78.801373&form=LMLTEW

kishoph
07-25-2017, 07:30 AM

Just take a look in my mailbox, there's bills there just about every other day.

SpikedLemonade
07-25-2017, 08:23 AM
Just take a look in my mailbox, there's bills there just about every other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiF6-0UTqtc