PDA

View Full Version : Rank your top 10 LBs in the nfl

Tatonka
07-31-2003, 06:30 PM
stats are the biggest factor, but impact can move a guy up too.

do not factor in personality.. ie. Ray Lewis.

casdhf
07-31-2003, 07:28 PM
Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Jeff Posey, DaShon Polk, Brandon Spoon, Dominique Stevenson, Angelo Crowell, Marvcus Patton, T.J. Slaughter and #10: Courtland Bullard.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-31-2003, 09:07 PM
Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Keith Brookins, Derrick Brooks, Lavar Arrington, Takeo SPikes, Zach Thomas, Junior Seau, Al Wilson, Kendrel Bell.. I know I'm forgetting some good ones... But those are my Top 10

Tatonka
07-31-2003, 10:01 PM
urlacher
lewis
derrick brooks
keith brooking
lavar arrington
donnie edwards
takeo spikes
joey porter
zack thomas
keith bullock

MDFINFAN
07-31-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
urlacher
lewis
derrick brooks
keith brooking
lavar arrington
donnie edwards
takeo spikes
joey porter
zack thomas
keith bullock

Man Tatonka, that's my list, I dare you post it before me:angry:

Tatonka
07-31-2003, 10:55 PM
muhahahaha.. i read minds..

WG
08-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Tough one. As much as I hate to say it, Lewis has to be #1.

Urlacher after that. Spikes I'd rate as the highest, or close, OLB, but not in the top 5 b/c he is an OLB.

That's tough since I only know so many of them from primarily highlights, and not from watching them F/T.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2003, 06:22 AM
1. Derrick Brooks
2. Brian Urlacher (interchangable with number 1 since Derrick Brooks constantly has healthy and good DTs in front of him)
3. Keith Brooking
4. Ray Lewis
5. Takeo Spikes
6. Julian Peterson
7. Keith Bullock
8. London Fletcher
9. Zach Thomas
10. John Mobley/Al Wilson

Tatonka
08-01-2003, 06:48 AM
no way brooks is in front.. no way.

R. Rich
08-01-2003, 07:22 AM
Ray Lewis (he does take some downs off; it's called offense/special teams)
Derrick Brooks (he could really be 1A to Lewis' 1)
Brian Urlacher (only Lewis and Brooks are better sideline to sideline)
Keith Brooking (scary!)
Takeo Spikes (now people will know how good he is!)
LaVar Arrington (man, can he hit!! Well, he is from Penn State after all!)
Joey Porter (showed last year he can do more than rush the passer)
Julian Peterson (may top this list soon)
Donnie Edwards (great last year for fantasy stats; thanks, Donnie!)
Zach Thomas (consistent, solid all-around)

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2003, 07:33 AM
There is no one better sideline to sideline than Urlacher. He caught Michael Vick from behind.

lordofgun
08-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
There is no one better sideline to sideline than Urlacher. He caught Michael Vick from behind.

:homer:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-01-2003, 07:57 AM
This is my list. Take into consideration that I haven't seen every LB in the NFL so this is a list of the ones I have seen.

1. Ray Lewis, Baltimore
2. Brian Urlacher, Chicago
3. Derrek Brooks, Tampa Bay
4. Takeo Spikes, Buffalo
5. LaVar Arrington, Washington
6. Chad Brown, Seattle
7. Zack Thomas, Miami
8. Roosevelt Colvin, New England
9. Charlie Clemons, New Orleans
10. Donnie Edwards, San Diego

TedMock
08-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I agree with that...he and Brooks. The problem with Urlacher is I've seen him get knocked on his but by OL and FB's so many times. He has problems with the head on block. Good thing for him is that he's so fast he's able to get up and still chase down the runner for minimal gains.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2003, 09:02 AM
With Big Ted and Traylor back, hopefully he won't have to take too many blockers head on. That is his problem.

But the guy is fun to watch. I couldn't believe he could catch Vick from behind.

TedMock
08-01-2003, 09:07 AM
I do love to watch him play. He's a nut and freakishly athletic. I have him as #3 on my list behind Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks. Although I do believe that Brooks and Urlacher can go back and forth. I still say Ray Lewis is That much better than everybody else. He hits like a truck but he's also the most instinctive LB I've watched since Singletary.

Earthquake Enyart
08-01-2003, 09:09 AM
It should be fun to watch Lewis now that Singletary is his LB coach.

TedMock
08-01-2003, 09:11 AM
I didn't realize that! That should be very interesting.

R. Rich
08-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Urlacher is real fun to watch. I hope he can stay healthy enough to have a career that merits him being mentioned with guys like LT or Butkus.

R. Rich
08-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I do love to watch him play. He's a nut and freakishly athletic. I have him as #3 on my list behind Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks. Although I do believe that Brooks and Urlacher can go back and forth. I still say Ray Lewis is That much better than everybody else. He hits like a truck but he's also the most instinctive LB I've watched since Singletary.

Agreed. All you need to do is watch a Ravens game and you'll hear his name on just about every defensive snap. He's always around the ball! Looks like we had the same top 3 at least.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Sorry T - Derrick Brooks gets my #1 nod - he's got the best nose for the ball of all the LBs in the league today.

Hopefully Spikes will be worthy of a top 3 ranking after this year.

How you guys get away without putting Julian Peterson on your lists is beyond me - this guy is a machine - he singlehandedly shut down Priest Holmes and he can hit too. I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni.

ublinkwescore
08-01-2003, 01:35 PM
And I hate the 49ers and all their primadona bandwagon fans.

TedMock
08-01-2003, 02:19 PM
Peterson is awesome. I think Spikes with the talent around him is going be be sick. He was awesome when he only had one other good player on the defense. Now he has a good handfull and I think he's noticed around the league big time this year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

How you guys get away without putting Julian Peterson on your lists is beyond me - this guy is a machine - he singlehandedly shut down Priest Holmes and he can hit too. I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bills uni.

To be honest I watched the 49ers like once last season and I don't know much about him. That is why he wasn't on my list.

R. Rich
08-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Sorry T - Derrick Brooks gets my #1 nod - he's got the best nose for the ball of all the LBs in the league today.

Hopefully Spikes will be worthy of a top 3 ranking after this year.

Hey ublink, I not only had him on my top 10, I mentioned that he could very well be atop my list someday. He's that good.

DraftBoy
08-01-2003, 10:21 PM
1. Ray Lewis, Baltimore
2. Brian Urlacher, Chicago
3. Derrek Brooks, Tampa Bay
4. Takeo Spikes, Buffalo
5. LaVar Arrington, Washington
6. Chad Brown, Seattle
7. Zack Thomas, Miami
8. Keith Brooking, Atlanta
9. Roosevelt Colvin, New England
10. Donnie Edwards, San Diego

ublinkwescore
08-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Rosevelt colvin isn't even in the top 15 for me.

Tatonka
08-02-2003, 07:31 AM
colvin could be right up there after this year. i expect him to do well.

ublinkwescore
08-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Sorry, but he's just not a complete LBer.

He sucks in pass coverage - he's a run supporter, and I'm also glad that the Patriots no longer have Tebucky Jones - they may have gotten better against the run, but what they gained in the run, they lost in effectiveness against the pass - Rodney Harrison is not known for his pass coverage - he's more of a Coy Wire type run supporter. Though I hope Coy Wire gets the pass coverage aspect of his game down - if he does, we'll be doing some damage.

Novacane
08-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Urlaker

ublinkwescore
08-02-2003, 10:03 PM
I think about four years ago, Cowart would be #1 if he would have stayed healthy.

Cowart was a tackling machine, but now it seems he really is damaged goods.

I remember the first 8-8 year we had during WP's last year as head coach, he was on pace to shatter the NFL's single season solo tackle record by like 22 tackles. That same year, the Ravens went all the way, and Ray Lewis got all the media hype even though it took him like 4 more regular season games, three playoff games, and a superbowl to only end up with 7 more total tackles then Sam Cowart that year - the scary thing was was that Sam Cowart's season was cut short in like week 13 against the Tampa Bay buccaneers because of a knee injury (I think) God only knows how many more tackles that Sam Cowart would have amassed had he been able to stay healthy - this guy was a major reason that our D was the greatest Bills D ever in 1999 (the year of HomeRunRobTheBills).

ublinkwescore
08-02-2003, 10:04 PM
What a shame.

R. Rich
08-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Cowart was awesome that year. The injury robbed him of a record-breaking season.