PDA

View Full Version : YRC- Bills' Shaq Thompson clone?

TigerJ
07-26-2017, 08:33 PM
I'm not sure to what degree this has been discussed. Sean McDermott made great use of Shaq Thompson as kind of a hybrid safety/linebacker. Some people think he was a real key to the defense's effectiveness. Does McDermott have anybody on the Bills defense who can do it? Who? I've heard it suggested that Matt Milano has similar measurable to Thompson coming out of college. Can he do it? Ramon Humber may be starting. He's smallish and supposedly pretty quick. Do you have a better candidate.

Scumbag College
07-26-2017, 10:21 PM
I think the Vallejo and Milano picks are both flyers on one of these hybrid positions. I really like the Vallejo kid. I went back and watched some of his highlights and he plays like hell but had just a miserable time with arm and hand injuries his last year or two at Boise. Milano is a gamer too, but I think Vallejo is more gifted athletically. At the very least I think those two can be depth, special teamers, and some sub nickel and dime package LBs.

Micah Hyde is the obvious other choice here. GB used him in a bunch of different ways and I think that going after and getting him might have been a top priority for McD. He signed within a few hours of FA IIRC so I think he might be an integral part of the plan.

YardRat
07-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Most of the LBers the new regime have picked up are in the 225-235 lb range, so they are giving themselves plenty of chances to find 'that guy'. The bigger guys are the holdovers (Brown, Ragland, Alexander). Nobody in particular stands out to me at this point, but it would be gratifying if one of the drafted rookies could step up to that level.