X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Any word on Logan Thomas

Is he still on the roster? Has he shown anything intriguing as a TE?

Anyone?
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Any word on Logan Thomas

Here's a blurb from Mike Rodak that comes from his pre-training camp roster projection. It's about the TE group in general, but he mentions Thomas. I haven't read or heard anything else:
    TIGHT ENDS (3): Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas

Clay and O'Leary seemed to be locked into the top two spots. After that -- and assuming the Bills keep three tight ends -- it is anyone's spot. Thomas practiced mostly with the second-team offense in the spring, so he gets the nod, but he did little to stand out in practices I watched. Maybe undrafted rookies Jason Croom or Keith Towbridge will emerge in August, or the Bills could look to the waiver wire at final cuts.
    With depth an issue at defensive end, safety and elsewhere, we take a stab at Buffalo's 53-man roster with an eye on reinforcements coming off waivers.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

I'll watch him Saturday and Sunday morning. Will report back.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I think Crooms and Thomas will be the main competitors for the third TE spot. They both give you a nice combo of size and athleticism.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Logan Thomas gets a shot. With Clay out, Nick O'Leary took over as the No. 1 tight end and looked good, making a nice sliding catch during 7-on-7 work. The Bills also gave Thomas a shot with the starters during full-team work. Starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor connected with Thomas on a nice pass that went ... wait for it ... over the middle. At 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds, Thomas certainly looks the part. In the race for No. 3 tight end, he might be pulling ahead.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Thomas didn't look bad at all. He's fast and could make the team. Caught a few passes in traffic. Big at 6-5 and 250. Blocking will be his needed work, which is no surprise.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
            X