PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Logan Thomas

Forward_Lateral
07-27-2017, 01:53 PM
Is he still on the roster? Has he shown anything intriguing as a TE?

Anyone?

Ed
07-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Here's a blurb from Mike Rodak that comes from his pre-training camp roster projection. It's about the TE group in general, but he mentions Thomas. I haven't read or heard anything else:

TIGHT ENDS (3): Charles Clay, Nick O'Leary, Logan Thomas

Clay and O'Leary seemed to be locked into the top two spots. After that -- and assuming the Bills keep three tight ends -- it is anyone's spot. Thomas practiced mostly with the second-team offense in the spring, so he gets the nod, but he did little to stand out in practices I watched. Maybe undrafted rookies Jason Croom or Keith Towbridge will emerge in August, or the Bills could look to the waiver wire at final cuts.
http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28114/bills-could-look-to-waiver-wire-as-roster-projection-shows-thin-spots

Night Train
07-27-2017, 02:56 PM
I'll watch him Saturday and Sunday morning. Will report back.

TigerJ
07-28-2017, 07:57 AM
I think Crooms and Thomas will be the main competitors for the third TE spot. They both give you a nice combo of size and athleticism.

YardRat
07-30-2017, 12:52 PM
http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/30/learned-bills-camp-day-four/

Logan Thomas gets a shot. With Clay out, Nick O'Leary took over as the No. 1 tight end and looked good, making a nice sliding catch during 7-on-7 work. The Bills also gave Thomas a shot with the starters during full-team work. Starting quarterback Tyrod Taylor connected with Thomas on a nice pass that went ... wait for it ... over the middle. At 6-foot-6 and 250 pounds, Thomas certainly looks the part. In the race for No. 3 tight end, he might be pulling ahead.

Night Train
07-30-2017, 06:36 PM
Thomas didn't look bad at all. He's fast and could make the team. Caught a few passes in traffic. Big at 6-5 and 250. Blocking will be his needed work, which is no surprise.