PDA

View Full Version : YRC - Day 1 Camp Summaries

DraftBoy
07-28-2017, 06:38 AM
Buffalo Rumblings
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/27/16053704/2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-recap-day-1-tyrod-taylor-sammy-watkins-andre-holmes

Day one of practice for the 2017 Buffalo Bills is in the books, and most reports indicate that it had a much different feel than the practices in training camp for the last two seasons. Head Coach Sean McDermott ran an up-tempo session in his first official practice as an NFL head coach where players were running from station to station.

If you weren’t able to keep up with practice, or want to recap what happen, here’s a quick rundown of some of the more popular talking points from tonight’s practice session.

Upstate NY
http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/buffalo_bills_training_camp_day_1_sammy_watkins_takes_center_stage_10_observatio.html

Pittsford, N.Y. — The Buffalo Bills were back at St. John Fisher College on Thursday night for their first practice of Sean McDermott's first training camp. At one of the only night practices of camp, all eyes were on Sammy Watkins, who was on the field ready to roll coming off a second foot surgery.

The Bills pushed the pace in a practice that lasted roughly an hour and 45 minutes with a few spirited team sessions mixed in. Here's what we saw and heard on the first night of practice.

WKBW
http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-day-1-82717

PITTSFORD (WKBW) - The start of the 2017 season is officially here for the Buffalo Bills, as they officially went through their first training camp practice of the year. Through the day of work, we now have some initial observations as to who’s playing where, how everyone looked, and much more as the Bills gear up for the long summer of work.

Seven observations from Day 1 of Bills Training Camp

D&C
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/07/28/buffalo-bills-open-camp-evening-practice/519108001/

“Coach, what do you think about Rochester?” asked a voice in the crowd of fans waiting for autographs following the Buffalo Bills first day of training camp at St. John Fisher College.

“Love it,” replied McDermott, the Bills’ first-year head coach.

But what else would he have said about the city that as hosted the team’s training camp since 2000? And whether or not McDermott “loves" the team’s summer home-away-from-home isn’t a topic of concern.

The Buffalo News
http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/27/learned-bills-camp-day-one/

PITTSFORD — Practice No. 1 is in the books for the Buffalo Bills.

A large crowd filled both sets of bleachers surrounding the grass field at St. John Fisher College as the Bills opened their 2017 season with the first practice of training camp Thursday night.

"You take a couple minutes to kind of sit back and look around and say, 'you know, this is what you work for.' This is what I've worked for in my career," coach Sean McDermott said. "I'm comfortable. I really am ... I'm excited to get started. It's for real."

DraftBoy
07-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Interesting to read these summaries on Peterman.

Upstate NY was very complimentary of his Day 1, while WKBW labeled him as the Least Valuable Player at practice.

TigerJ
07-28-2017, 07:53 AM
To me, it looked as if Fairburn focused on Peterman's on field attitude and approach to being a pro, while Buscaglia looked more directly at the results of his passes. Peterman appears to have shown confidence and the willingness to take some chances in making passes downfield, but wasn't always accurate and did not always make the right read. Having endured more than one gun shy QB in a Bills uni over the years (Manuel, Trent Edwards etc.) I am glad Peterman appears not to be one of them. I'm certainly not worried about a few foibles from a rookie QB on his first day of training camp.

swiper
07-28-2017, 10:55 AM

Upstate NY was very complimentary of his Day 1, while WKBW labeled him as the Least Valuable Player at practice.

Thanks for putting this thread together. For us working stiffs it puts all the stuff we're after right in our laps after a hard day at work.

Peterman's proper critique will come over weeks of practice. The NFL is new to him. He plays the most daunting position. He will be allowed room to learn & grow. More time than was allowed to Cardale Jones hopefully. (Only in a change of coaching regime would a team ever give up on a 4th round QB so quickly).

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2017, 03:41 PM

WESTERN NY. :rolleyes:

tomz
07-28-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks for putting this thread together. For us working stiffs it puts all the stuff we're after right in our laps after a hard day at work.

Peterman's proper critique will come over weeks of practice. The NFL is new to him. He plays the most daunting position. He will be allowed room to learn & grow. More time than was allowed to Cardale Jones hopefully. (Only in a change of coaching regime would a team ever give up on a 4th round QB so quickly).

I second that thanks. Actually, I think Peterman should be judged (gasp) in a couple years. Notably, arm strength can be improved by an NFL regimen and if he's as professional as it seems maybe it will show next year. But, as you point out, someone who has the cojones to throw the damn ball on time is already refreshing.

DraftBoy
07-28-2017, 05:27 PM
WESTERN NY. :rolleyes:

Ummmm...the newspaper is called Upstate.

Mace
07-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Ummmm...the newspaper is called Upstate.

This vicious punch and counter punch between you and Miyagi is out of control, as a man of peace and civility I feel I have to call for calm here.

YardRat
07-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Not a good tidbit at the end of the D&C article for those hoping to see Boldin sign...

McDermott enjoyed the visit as well, but he understands that Boldin is going to keep peddling his services in search of the right fit.

'In search of that right fit' might as well be 'Thanks, but no thanks'.

- - - Updated - - -

This vicious punch and counter punch between you and Miyagi is out of control, as a man of peace and civility I feel I have to call for calm here.

I was expecting you to threaten to pull the thread over, turn it around and head back home.