PDA

View Full Version : YRC - McDermott's Upbringing Prepared Him For HC Role

DraftBoy
07-30-2017, 09:01 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/2017/07/29/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-nfl-head-coach/497465001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

When you listen to Sean McDermott talk about his parents — the tough love they provided Sean and his older brother Tim, the relentless work ethic that was on display every single day — you gain an understanding of why Sean is one of those guys who’s the first one in the building, and the last one out.

Turn the lights on when you arrive, turn them off when you leave, grind from start to finish, and then you do it again the next day. That’s what Rich and Avis McDermott did, and their boys were paying attention.

YardRat
07-31-2017, 06:00 AM
Nice article. Completely reversal of culture from the prior staff.

jamze132
07-31-2017, 08:36 PM
I have to admit, I was excited when Rex was named the coach and I thought that it would be in his best interest to retain Wanny and the defense already in place but we all know how that turned out. I'm much more excited with the new direction we're going in. We've brought in good football people to run the show, which is a far cry from the gimicks and clowns we've recently had. I hope that Pegula will give this new staff at least 3+ years before he even consideres replacing them. We REALLY need some damn continuity.

YardRat
07-31-2017, 08:52 PM
Please don't ever mistake Wanny's Bills defense for Schwartz's again. Ever. Thanks in advance.

jamze132
07-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Please don't ever mistake Wanny's Bills defense for Schwartz's again. Ever. Thanks in advance.

Ugh, my bad!

You see? Too many flippin coaches have come and gone...

jamze132
07-31-2017, 08:55 PM
I have to admit, I was excited when Rex was named the coach and I thought that it would be in his best interest to retain SWARTZ and the defense already in place but we all know how that turned out. I'm much more excited with the new direction we're going in. We've brought in good football people to run the show, which is a far cry from the gimicks and clowns we've recently had. I hope that Pegula will give this new staff at least 3+ years before he even consideres replacing them. We REALLY need some damn continuity.