PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Camp Session

Night Train
08-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Time to overreact to every blurb. " He's great ! " " He sucks ! " :up:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/1/16075218/buffalo-bills-training-camp-practice-recap-tuesday-8-1

justasportsfan
08-01-2017, 11:02 AM
Jon Scott‏ @JonScottTV 3h3 hours ago

#Bills really working screen game with WRs, especially Sammy Watkins... something I think we've all been asking for.

:up:

BillyT92679
08-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Ragland seems like he COULD be a scheme problem. Maybe it's just coming back from the ACL, but he's a total 34 WILL playing 43 MIKE.

SpikedLemonade
08-01-2017, 02:13 PM
:up:

I am all for putting the ball in Sammy's hands as much as possible however I don't see having the kinda body and injury history to do 30+ screens a year.

Goobylal
08-01-2017, 02:29 PM
I am all for putting the ball in Sammy's hands as much as possible however I don't see having the kinda body and injury history to do 30+ screens a year.

Screen are probably better for keeping him healthy. Catch the ball, run around the DB, and go OOB when someone gets near.

justasportsfan
08-01-2017, 02:38 PM
Not only Sammy. I would think that Shady would do well since he too can catch coming from the backfield.

I don't think this was a play that Roman had in his playbook because it is actually a pass play.
IMO, since they didn't practice it, Lynn didn't bother running it either.

TigerJ
08-01-2017, 04:20 PM
For both Shady and Sammy, getting them involved in running screen passes is another way to get the ball in their hands. Moreover, it recognizes that both of them can do a great deal of damage in space. If DBs are having to defend the screen pass, it also means they can't overcommit to playing deeper. The more things a team can do well on offense, the better chance of putting and keeping the defense off balance.

YardRat
08-01-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what this team looks like on the field against an actual opponent, even if it is going to be 'vanilla' and preseason.

Night Train
08-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Already seen 5 instances of conflicting reports at the same practice..

OT Dawkins Good, Dawkins Bad.
OL Good, OL Bad
CB White Struggling, CB White Shining
Rod Streater Dropped a Couple, Rod Streater Soaring up the Depth Chart
Mike Tolbert Slow, Mike Tolbert Making A Statement

I see the media is riding the roller coaster of knee jerk reaction... again..

I laughed at the weekend sessions. The younger ones like Joe B., Fairburn, Rodak and many more missed tons of action while playing with their phones. They were right in front of me.

Why believe anything they have to say ? Watch the upcoming games and nullify these people as bastions of good information.

SpikedLemonade
08-02-2017, 06:29 AM

OL Good, OL Bad

I laughed at the weekend sessions. The younger ones like Joe B., Fairburn, Rodak and many more missed tons of action while playing with their phones. They were right in front of me.

Why believe anything they have to say ? Watch the upcoming games and nullify these people as bastions of good information.

AGREED

DraftBoy
08-02-2017, 07:08 AM

OL Good, OL Bad

One thing I've noticed with the local media in Buffalo is that each reporters has his favorites and their coverage is reflective of that. I'm sure its the same in every other market but I only follow the Bills this closely so I can't say without a shadow of a doubt.

Buddo
08-02-2017, 01:02 PM

OL Good, OL Bad

To be fair, some of the 'playing with 'phones', is due to the 'instant' nature of crap like twitter, and other forms of social media, where no doubt part of their remit, when covering practices, is to get stuff out into it, as quick as possible. Like yourself, I'd prefer accuracy over rapidity, but I can see how they aren't going to be able to watch everything, and still feed the swamp of social media.

Hopefully, the guys who are doing the evaluations that matter, i.e. the coaches, are doing so only after seeing the whole picture . ;)

HHURRICANE
08-03-2017, 06:14 AM
Not only Sammy. I would think that Shady would do well since he too can catch coming from the backfield.

I've actually heard to the contrary. The new scheme actually requires more patience in letting holes open, etc. and isn't as conducive to Shady's running style. Just an FYI.

I don't think anyone is overly worried because of his talent but it will be something to watch.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2017, 06:25 AM
I've heard consistently Zay Jones and White are both studs with Jones being the best rookie out there.

Ragland is obviously still a year away with his injury which is normal after an ACL. When an ACL happens people need to just say "see you in two years."

All our QB's have looked like crap with Taylor being the least ****ty.

On these reports I look for consensus because as pointed out everyone has their bias.