• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

YRC - Tyrod Taylor stuck in neutral to start camp

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Ever since Tyrod Taylor agreed to a $10 million pay cut in March, it has been fair to question his future as the Buffalo Bills' quarterback beyond the upcoming season.

Through the first five practices of training camp, little has changed. If fans at St. John Fisher College have been looking for a step forward from Taylor, it has not been there. His performance Tuesday in 11-on-11 drills will ultimately be a small sample size within his entire body of preseason and training camp work, but it was poor enough to be notable.

With a focus in the red zone, Taylor's first pass was nearly intercepted by cornerback Ronald Darby, who jumped rookie receiver Zay Jones' route along the sideline. In the next sequence of plays, Taylor either overthrew his receiver in the end zone or threw it away -- it was unclear during live action. The next play, he led running back Mike Tolbert too much on a swing pass, which hit the ground.
    Some might say consider the source, but there hasn't been a lot of positivity coming out about the QB's through the early part of camp.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • bleve
    • Mar 2005

Re: YRC - Tyrod Taylor stuck in neutral to start camp

Unfortunately, I can still clearly remember the Ravens' players last year saying "we forced Tyrod to be a QB" in the week 2 loss.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Baltimore was the season opener last year.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I wasn't overly impressed over the weekend. He was up and down but I considered the drills and whether the receiver ran his proper route. I just chalked it up to early camp but I did see him hit slants and long passes. Yates did zero for me. Peterman has lots to learn and still looks better than Yates.

TT has a 1 year deal and is holding the fort for someone else, IMO. Next years draft class should not only have quality...but quantity. We have two 1st round picks.

I understand the present situation clearly. Bring on the games.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

If a starting QB gets injured on another team, Id trade him for a 2nd next year.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
            • Mar 2004

Why wait? Trade him back to the Ravens this year. They might entertain it.
            Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Yeah, I'm kind of tired of saying 'it's still early'....somebody needs to heat up right out of the gate and get better from there.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

I guess my thought is that we didn't have a real well developed passing offense, Taylor was essentially running a rushing offense with some pass plays.

My expectations are tempered by the fact I don't really think he's a quality passer, but at the same time he's being tasked to use a more integrated passing game for the first time here. Training camp is for training so we'll see what happens as it goes. Best case scenario, he does well as he learns and becomes comfortable, worst case, well...he is who he is and I think most of us have already come to grips with him being transitory.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Yeah, I'm kind of tired of saying 'it's still early'....somebody needs to heat up right out of the gate and get better from there.
                  I don't really expect that anymore, myself. I'll be content with consistent progress that doesn't get me unreasonably hyped or aggravated. They have time yet.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Tyrod seems to play better in games so I'm not overly worried. He's above mediocre which is top half of league. He's not a franchise guy.

FYI what is YRC??

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                      Tyrod seems to play better in games so I'm not overly worried. He's above mediocre which is top half of league. He's not a franchise guy.

FYI what is YRC??
                      Also wondering....I think it might have something to do with YardRat's request for a postive article per day.
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 08-01-2017, 10:31 PM.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                        Peterman has lots to learn and still looks better than Yates.
                        Tyrod is taking us nowhere, Yates is a career back-up & Nathan looks as good or better. Hmmmm... who to start ??!!??

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post

FYI what is YRC??
                          Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          Also wondering....I think it might have something to do with YardRat's request for a postive article per day.
                          As others have pointed out, training camp starts this week. The off-season, for all intents and purposes, will officially be over and make way for the pre-season and eventually the regular season. A lot is going to start happening, and there is going to be a lot to talk about. My challenge to all of the fans checking into these

Start one thread per day...Bills related, in the Bills forum. Doesn't have to be positive, just spark some discussion.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Thank you!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Tyrod Taylor is not good. He should change his position to running back.

Comment

Working...
                              X